• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition for Europe

Jackano

Got the mail but the site was slow and my 3D Secure card doesn't work on the site :/
Will have to do it with an e-card later, but I was order N°153 only :/

Peru

In other "news" Review embargo for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate ends February 12th, it's Thursday. Game Release on Friday with New 3DS?

Cot damn, time to announce this date already. Promote the game! Nintendo Direct ASAP please.

Hasney

Where from, exactly? If you order the regular PAL n3DS at play-asia, you pay about 240$ incl. shipping to Germany. That's ~200€ without import charges (which would be 19% import tax + 19% customs tax since the item value is more than 150€, so about 276€) and without the extra stuff you get here.

I'm not saying that this is a good deal - it's not really if you weren't going to get the stuff included anyway, which means you can now just get it a bit earlier (I leaning towards not buying it at the moment since I'd rather have a n3DS XL and don't really need the faceplates).

I was going by the £ version they're using and the fact Play Asia used to be cheaper. Didn't know they gone up in price!

Dryk

I got the email. Not biting because it's a smaller model. What a stupid idea. Why not release the XL one too? I would buy one in an instant if that was the case. I can't see the logic here.
Because this way they can manufacture a custom set of faceplates instead of a custom XL. The real question is "Why didn't they give the XL face-plates too?"

Zomba13

Yup, didn't get this email either. I never get these promotions and yeah, I am signed up for the newsletters.

Mikeside

Got the email, but there's no way I'm going back to a non-XL

No idea if these are gonna be in demand or not. If anyone didn't get an email and wants mine, feel free to PM me (you'll have to pay straight away, but I'll just get it shipped directly to you)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
With the amount of people who got the email saying no thanks with NoE be left with a stock of Ambassador faceplates that won't sell. The appeal of this is getting it early, there are much better faceplate designs so I don't see many buying it separately.

Shadders

With the amount of people who got the email saying no thanks with NoE be left with a stock of Ambassador faceplates that won't sell. The appeal of this is getting it early, there are much better faceplate designs so I don't see many buying it separately.

I guess you could sell the faceplate. Would probably get about £40 for it as it's limited.

Then you're getting the console early for ~£140.

Eolz

Go the mail as well.
Better way to do it than the PS4 20th anniversary, and they aren't selling the plates alone for obvious reasons.

Really tempted to get one (not interested by the NewXL), will have to make a decision quickly.

Chopper

I'm annoyed that I didn't get the email, especially considering I am actually a 3DS Ambassador.

Having said that, I need a black n3DS.

So I got the Email here in France.

I don't know what to do.
I was planning a wait and see approach to see if the purchase was worth it, and If I had decided to buy one, I would have chosen the XL.
Now I don't know if I have to bite this hook they just put before my fanboy nose.
What a poisonous gift.
Shibata, you are evil.

Tenki

I buy almost every game they publish and I have no email :(

o4nxBS6.gif

Putosaure

So I got the Email here in France.

I don't know what to do.
I was planning a wait and see approach to see if the purchase was worth it, and If I had decided to buy one, I would have chosen the XL.
Now I don't know if I have to bite this hook they just put before my fanboy nose.
What a poisonous gift.
Shibata, you are evil.

Do it.

Well, if you can, as some people are getting payment troubles.

kubus

aaahhh I got one but I don't know what to do

I already have a white Japanese New 3DS and I wanted to get either a European Black New 3DS or New XL.

But those ambassador faceplates... Hnngg

Might just get it and sell the console. Hopefully the box is just the regular packaging because otherwise it'll be hard to let go, lol.

pronk420

I can't see anything about 7 days in my email and on the site it first said dispatch in 3 to 5 days and then when I ordered it said usually dispatched in 24 hours...

Zomba13

o4nxBS6.gif

I guess they assume we'll buy it anyway seeing as we buy everything else they put out so they don't need to send promotions to us as they assume they already have our sales.

... Faceplates? Size may fit the user better? Buttons? Texture?
I hope this has helped you understand.
That's the thing though. Why did they make those (not size) exclusive to the smaller version. The XL was an obvious upgrade when it came out. Now people are willing to downgrade for faceplates, just because Nintendo made a stupid decision.

BooJoh

I don't understand the appeal of a non-XL 3DS.

There are a lot of us who prefer the smaller model, whether it's because we like the portability, lighter weight, higher pixel density, or because we have smaller hands that don't cramp up with smaller systems, or any combination of the above.

I know I'm not alone in saying I've tried out an XL before and it just wasn't for me so I've been waiting a long time for a revamped smaller 3DS.

jimi_dini

o4nxBS6.gif

Have you enabled both newsletters? I just checked and I didn't have their "product newsletter" (whatever that is) enabled. I had the regular Nintendo newsletter enabled though. Crap. Maybe I should call them tomorrow.

Tenki

I guess they assume we'll buy it anyway seeing as we buy everything else they put out so they don't need to send promotions to us as they assume they already have our sales.

:( that's... true.

Have you enabled both newsletters? I just checked and I didn't have their "product newsletter" (whatever that is) enabled. I had the regular Nintendo newsletter enabled though. Crap. Maybe I should call them tomorrow.

Yep. I receive the usual newsletter every now and then.

I buy almost every game they publish and I can't become a Club Nintendo member because I'm Scandinavian.

Wow, that sucks :(

Lucreto

I will have to pass. If it were in Black then maybe. I love my minimalist Zelda themed one as well so it is a hard choice.

Tenki

Fuck I checked and I didn't have it enabled :((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Only the regular newsletter.

liger05

I bought so much stuff, and I haven't gotten any :((((((

137 games registered on Club Nintendo. GOD DAMNIT!!!

Already have mine on import but again would love to know the criteria Nintendo use as I have spent a whole heap of money on software and never got an email.

Eolz

Always opt in all the newsletter options from a company you might expect exclusive stuff/contest/gifts/offers.

Also, for some people, the XL is a downgrade, don't say this was an obvious upgrade when it really wasn't, and when the new 3ds improves on every weakness of the original one...

jimi_dini

Already have mine on import but again would love to know the criteria Nintendo use as I have spent a whole heap of money on software and never got an email.

Can you all check, if you have this strange "product newsletter" enabled? Maybe that's actually the cause.

Top Bottom