• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition for Europe

Putosaure

To those who had succesfully ordered : what kind of credit card did you used ? I tried with a Visa and MasterCard but the website just might be overloaded. What did they expect ?

Eolz

To those who had succesfully ordered : what kind of credit card did you used ? I tried with a Visa and MasterCard but the website just might be overloaded. What did they expect ?

They expected that people might be reasonable and not go all at the same time to buy one, as they have until January 12th to actually buy one.

the-iek

Same problem here. I can enter my credit card data, but the order won't go through.

gundalf

It doesn't accept my Creditcard either (Mastercard) :(
This has never happed with my Creditcard before, i guess their Shop System is simply overloaded?

Terxus

Neo Member
I have the same problem. Even tried it with two different cards, good to know the issue lies with Nintendo/Commerzbank.

Gizuko

Could the criteria be buying a game/console during the past year?
I bought my 3DS and Wii U last year, between January and June, and still got the invitation. I must have bought around 15 games since then as well.

I DO have product and normal newsletter enabled, so there's still hope for those who didn't.

Also, Spain here, don't know if anyone else reported in yet.

moozoom

Tried to order one, but the payment isn't working... site is giving me an error.

Probably because the link has been shared and everyone is trying to buy it at the same time (even those who can't have this promotion).

This was an impulse buy, so now that I have the time to think about it, not sure I'll buy it in the end.

Green Yoshi

I am one of the first 1000 3DS owners in Germany (and all I got was a lousy T-Shirt ;-)) and got no mail, too.

But I want the New 3DS XL, the screen of the 3DS is too small.

gundalf

Oh i see now that there is time to order it until 12 January, i guess then i will try it another day since the server is now clearly overloaded!

I don't get why I never register for those "special Nintendo" offers.

I didn't even get the Tomodachi Life demo :(
I buy almost every game they publish and I have no email :(

o4nxBS6.gif

I hear ya.

Same here.

I've been a club Nintendo customer for like 10 years and have all my games registered starting with the GameCube (I don't remember if GBA games came with a code too).

I feel left out :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's the thing though. Why did they make those (not size) exclusive to the smaller version. The XL was an obvious upgrade when it came out. Now people are willing to downgrade for faceplates, just because Nintendo made a stupid decision.

Preferring a smaller system is not downgrading.

L
O
L

hiro4

You registered more than 100 games too?

Don't think that matters as well.
I have over 250 items registered with my Club Nintendo account, have the product newsletter enabled and yet I still haven't received the mail.

Indeed. Doesn't matter at all.
I have a Club Nintendo account since the beginning, where you could even earn stars just by logging in once a day so.

My guess it was just a random pick, just like with the Smash Bros and Tomodachi life codes. Which I both got btw.

if you click on the manage your account link in the order confirmation email you can see your outstanding orders. If you press view you can see the status and estimated dispatch date

Too bad, the german email seems to be different. :( There is just a link to how to move my data from my old 3DS to the New 3DS.

CAN'T WAIT! :D

Can you post the link?

Got the mail but the site was slow and my 3D Secure card doesn't work on the site :/
Will have to do it with an e-card later, but I was order N°153 only :/

I received a different number of errors (even "credit card not supported") but eventually I was able to complete the checkout of the order.
Maybe you can keep trying (as I did)...

Phazon

Got the link...cannot login. Noticed some other Dutch Gaffers had the same problem. Anyone solved this?

Belgium here, can't login either. I already poked Nintendo of Belgium PR with the issue so I hope they'll let NoE HQ know. A friend of mine (in Belgium) did manage to login however, so no idea what's going on.

I'm very very tempted, but some caveats keep myself:

1- I want black. Any picture but especially 3d works better on a black frame. It's the reason why OG 3ds had a black frame for the upper screen no matter the shell's colour.

2- Return policy? I'm planning buying on Amazon whose return policy cover any sorta of minor annoyance you can ever have with your new system (faulty pixels, control stick, buttons, etc.). It's fast and (hassle) free. No idea in this case.

3- I'm not interested in supplementary bundled accessories.

4- Official release date seems so very sooner than expected. We already have price tag for the system itself and the accessories. I can wait a month longer at this point.

kubus

Wondering, those that got this ambassador mail, did you also get the Smash codes and Tomodachi Life codes?

I got all of them and from this thread it sounds like those who didn't get demo codes for those two games are now also not getting the New 3DS promotion.

Hasney

Wondering, those that got this ambassador mail, did you also get the Smash codes and Tomodachi Life codes?

I got all of them and from this thread it sounds like those who didn't get demo codes for those two games are now also not getting the New 3DS promotion.

I didn't get any, but there is the curious case of hiro4 up there who got the demo codes, but not this.

Chopper

I don't get why I never register for those "special Nintendo" offers.

I didn't even get the Tomodachi Life demo :(
I didn't either.

The cynic in me thinks I'm blacklisted due to a conflict I had with Nintendo UK.

The more likely reason is that their allocation is completely random, and I'm just unlucky.

It sucks.

Merovin

I never got Smash or Tomodachi codes and have got the New 3DS promotion.

got Tomo, not Smash, didnt get todays email

Rich!

I didn't either.

The cynic in me thinks I'm blacklisted due to a conflict I had with Nintendo UK.

The more likely reason is that their allocation is completely random, and I'm just unlucky.

It sucks.

I had a gigantic pissing match with nintendo uk complete with threatening them legal action and I still got an email.

Not gonna use it though because I already have a european New XL.

Nesther

Would I prefer the regular n3DS if I thought the screen of my old XL was too blurry? Also to you who already have one: Is the build quality any better? My XL is kinda flimsy.

Heartfyre

Got the e-mail, but can't get into the site. I guess it's being throttled.

As I understand, it's just the standard N3DS, right? Not the XL? Otherwise, I can't say I'm interested.

kubus

I didn't get any, but there is the curious case of hiro4 up there who got the demo codes, but not this.

I never got Smash or Tomodachi codes and have got the New 3DS promotion.

got Tomo, not Smash, didnt get todays email
Thanks all for your input

It does seem random then :/. I must be really lucky that I received all promotions. Hopefully Nintendo sends out another batch of emails soon!

jkh13

Neo Member
I registered my 3ds day one and didn't get an email either for this :(.

If anyone got the email but doesn't want to buy it for whatever reason I would greatly appreciate it if you could let me buy it instead.

Top Bottom