• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition for Europe

true Gek

Nintendo right now can't repair the system because their engineers haven't received their units and parts yet so they don't know how it's assembled (they were even confused about getting the serial number by removing the faceplates) so the only option if they have any left would be to send the entire unit back and they send you a new one. Only problem with that is if you've done a transfer you lose all your stuff. :/

So it's either do that or wait till February or whenever the company that does Nintendo repairs receive their parts and have already disassembled some New 3DS systems

O_O what!?!? And you loose also all your e-shop games??? Gosh it's a total mess -.-

Garou

Ok so....i got my new 3DS, was excited to play it so did a full system transfer from my old xl (32gb -> 4gb) now today 2 days later i downloaded the MH4U demo and noticed the card was full (duh) so im trying to get everything back on my 32gb card.

I have copied everything from the 4gb card to my pcs desktop then from there onto the 32gb card. When i then put this into the new 3DS nothing is there.

You can never merge 2 SD-cards. You should have paid attention during the transfer-process, there are several options and explanations.

Do this: Wipe your 32GB-card, copy the contents of the 4GB one over and then re-download the games from the eShop. Your saves should still be there.

Flintty

Can anyone here help me with the below question I asked in the other New 3DS thread?

I have a question about transferring my NID which I cannot find the answer to anywhere.
My Son has a 3DXL with his own user account which does not have a Nintendo ID. I also made an account on it which I tied to my Wii U Nintendo ID which was used only for downloading demos.

I now have my own New 3DS and I want to put my ID onto it but to do so I need to do a system transfer. If I do this, what happens to my Son's save game data? Does it stay on his 3DS or will the system transfer throw everything over to my DS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Garou

Can anyone here help me with the below question I asked in the other New 3DS thread?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not possible, that ID is now your sons ID. Make a new one on your New 3DS and then create a new user in the WiiU and connect them.

Flintty

Not possible, that ID is now your sons ID. Make a new one on your New 3DS and then create a new user in the WiiU and connect them.

Thanks for the response. Fuck Nintendo though. I should be able to take my ID off and leave my son's profile and game saves on his system as they are part of his profile - not mine.. My profile doesn't have any game saves. Such a shit system!

TheMoon

Nintendo right now can't repair the system because their engineers haven't received their units and parts yet so they don't know how it's assembled (they were even confused about getting the serial number by removing the faceplates) so the only option if they have any left would be to send the entire unit back and they send you a new one. Only problem with that is if you've done a transfer you lose all your stuff. :/

So it's either do that or wait till February or whenever the company that does Nintendo repairs receive their parts and have already disassembled some New 3DS systems

Tell them to unlink the NNID and boom, re-register. Or ask them to transfer it there, to keep the saves (since the manual PC back-up probably won't work since the new unit won't recognize it, I bet). Surely that must be an option.

O_O what!?!? And you loose also all your e-shop games??? Gosh it's a total mess -.-

No.

Garou

Thanks for the response. Fuck Nintendo though. I should be able to take my ID off and leave my son's profile and game saves on his system as they are part of his profile - not mine.. My profile doesn't have any game saves. Such a shit system!

The moment you put the ID on the 3DS it replaces the "nameless"-account before it, which is actually a good thing. And I think there are some messages warning about this in the linking-process.

weekev

Banned
You can never merge 2 SD-cards. You should have paid attention during the transfer-process, there are several options and explanations.

Do this: Wipe your 32GB-card, copy the contents of the 4GB one over and then re-download the games from the eShop. Your saves should still be there.
I wasnt trying to merge them, it was a simple system transfer from my xl to my new 3DS but i was stupid and transferred from a 32gb to a 4gb. Reformatting and trying again worked so something must have screwed up in the first transfer.

Flintty

The moment you put the ID on the 3DS it replaces the "nameless"-account before it, which is actually a good thing. And I think there are some messages warning about this in the linking-process.

That's fucking ridiculous. I never had a 3DS at the time and wasn't planning on getting one so I didn't think anything of it.

So my options are to A) Create a new ID with a new username, leaving my credit and regular username in the care of my Son. B) Transfer my ID to my 3DS and create a new ID for my son and he has to start Animal Crossing and Yoshi's Island all over again.

Welp, fuck you Nintendo. I was on the fence on whether or not I should keep the Ambassador Edition or sell it for profit. You've just made up my mind.

Highwind

nintendo store now has the new 3ds cover plates for preorder, including the sexy wood finish one :)

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/new-nintendo-3ds/coverplates.list

Oh god what have you done. ;-;

I need those black/white monster hunter, pokemon AND mario stamp cover plates. ;-;

Tell them to unlink the NNID and boom, re-register. Or ask them to transfer it there, to keep the saves (since the manual PC back-up probably won't work since the new unit won't recognize it, I bet). Surely that must be an option.

Will ask them if that's an option if they get back to me. The information I posted was based on someone else's experience with their system (the stylus scratched their touch screen and called customer support to get it sorted out). Don't think they have any systems left though as they still haven't gotten back to me so it looks like I'm waiting till next month to get it sorted.

My system is still "playable" so the wait won't be that bad, just the fault I have is distracting.

That's fucking ridiculous. I never had a 3DS at the time and wasn't planning on getting one so I didn't think anything of it.

So my options are to A) Create a new ID with a new username, leaving my credit and regular username in the care of my Son. B) Transfer my ID to my 3DS and create a new ID for my son and he has to start Animal Crossing and Yoshi's Island all over again.

Welp, fuck you Nintendo. I was on the fence on whether or not I should keep the Ambassador Edition or sell it for profit. You've just made up my mind.

Well, any retail games are saved to the card, rather than an ID, so those won't be changed at all. Though I suspect you're aware of this already. Just grasping at a straw here.

There is no way to seperate download games/saves from the NNID used to purchase them/used to redeem download codes though. :(

Megauap

If I have formatted (through the System Options on the 3DS) the SD Card that I had on my old 3DS XL. Will I be able to re-download my games bought on the eShop when I log in with my n3DS XL, right?

Flintty

Well, any retail games are saved to the card, rather than an ID, so those won't be changed at all. Though I suspect you're aware of this already. Just grasping at a straw here.

It's not the games I'm worried about - I don't think I bought any digital games. I only put my ID on there so my son could try a demo.

All I'm worried about is his game saves. Now, before I throw my toys out the pram and sell the New 3DS, will doing this transfer his save games back to his DS but keep the ID on my DS (following a transfer)?

It's not the games I'm worried about - I don't think I bought any digital games. I only put my ID on there so my son could try a demo.

All I'm worried about is his game saves. Now, before I throw my toys out the pram and sell the New 3DS, will doing this transfer his save games back to his DS but keep the ID on my DS (following a transfer)?

Hang on, maybe I'm misunderstanding.

If you didn't buy any digital games, and your son only has retail copies of games, his game saves are saved entirely on the game cards and not on the 3DS.

You'll have nothing to worry about if this is the case, as (to repeat myself) all save data beyond some little streetpass stuff is saved to the little white 3DS gamecards and not the system SD card.

You could take any gamecard and put it in any 3DS and access the same save data, no matter what NNID is used.

Otherwise, if you do have digital versions, no that won't work, unfortunately.

Highwind

If you didn't buy any digital games, and your son only has retail copies of games, his game saves are saved entirely on the game cards and not on the 3DS.

You'll have nothing to worry about if this is the case, as all save data beyond some little streetpass stuff is saved to the little white 3DS gamecards and not the system SD card.

Yeah, I am confused about that as well.

If there are no digital games then he really has nothing to worry about when transferring. I believe only Fantasy Life stored save data onto the SD card. DLC as well.

true Gek

No.
So they transfer all your data to the new console?

Flintty

You'll have nothing to worry about if this is the case, as (to repeat myself) all save data beyond some little streetpass stuff is saved to the little white 3DS gamecards and not the system SD card.

You could take any gamecard and put it in any 3DS and access the same save data, no matter what NNID is used.

Oh my god, I'm such a fucking idiot! I even knew the games get saved on the cartridge because my three kids share the games!

Dude, thanks so much for thinking of the obvious - you saved me a lot of hassle :)

Happy days!

Oh my god, I'm such a fucking idiot! I even knew the games get saved on the cartridge because my three kids share the games!

Dude, thanks so much for thinking of the obvious - you saved me a lot of hassle :)

Happy days!

Haha, well, the obvious answers are the easiest to miss!
Glad it sounds like it will all work out. You can transfer your ID to your new 3DS with no worries. :)

Flintty

Thanks man, my 7 yr old will be pleased. The nicest thing though, we was begging me to just sacrifice his saves last night just so we can play together, though I'd never have done it. The boy is a legend.

Now to get myself a copy of Animal crossing and 2 copies of Fantasy Life!

Considered the number of people who has having problems I should feel lucky that I was at home today to take my console.
And about my problem about the spedition:
you placed the order on the 7th (Wednesday); the day after is the first working day (January 8); January 9, 12, 13, 14, 15 and January 16th (today) make exactly seven working days.
Me too I placed the order on Wednesday 7th, so I calculated exactly like that (you should not count neither the day you place the order, nor Saturday/Sunday).
My bad, but honestly I didn't know that Saturday was not considered a working day in Italy.

Flintty

I just downloaded the Smash Bros demo on my 3DS and my sons. We just had a brilliant father/son moment of beating the beans out of each other on hand helds. We've done it plenty of times before on the Wii U version but this felt special. I didn't think the game would be that good on the DS.

The right thumbstick was really useful but I found myself not using it to even the playing field with my son. The console felt really comfortable in the hand but I did get a sore left thumb after a while - this mat be because of the size. Perhaps I'm more suited to an XL?

Other than that - I love it. I can't wait to get some games :)

Vitet

Received mine yesterday

i8YVB1usyALG7.jpg

First thoughts
- 3D tracking works fine, even in the dark
- C-stick is ... strange lol. I didn't know it was a fixed rubber button, you just push it with little force and it responds on screen, but the button itself doesn't move
- Transfer done without problems from OG 3DS
- Version was 9.0.0.20E (you have to update for the transfer)
- Circle pad it's a bit smaller and seems stronger
- Bigger screens ARE noticeable coming from OG, and now come with auto-brightness (a bit wonky)
- Load times are FAST. Navigating in the home menu is a lot faster than before. Inside apps (browser, friends...) are about 2seconds, and returning to the home menu is almost instantaneous. Also in-game loadings like Smash Bros. are a lot faster too
- SNES buttons = LOVE

Eolz

Well I'm glad that my new 3DS didn't have defects (but strangely, the inside of the box had one). It really feels better than my OG 3DS, and even if I liked already the 3D before, this is just amazing now.
Will do the transfer tomorrow (getting a new micro SD card), any tips for it? Mainly concerned about the SD to micro SD and saves transfer.

The 3D sweet spot is the #1 feature I want. And yeah I'm not expecting some kind of aliasing, just not something as badly pixelated as the original 3DS XL.

There is a definitive improvement. You can see it clearly in MGS3D and OOT3D which both used 3D but a little too much at times to my tastes, now with the n3DS I can play them perfectly. It makes me very excited for Majora's Mask 3D
Plus the c-stick, while not being as precise as a true stick, still manages to be very playable (Smash Bros and MGS3D)

I never bought a nintendo portable upgrade, because I didn't see the point, but this one, I don't regret at all.

But I would say if you're not in a hurry, just wait for a demo stand and watch for yourself.

Another GermanGaf arrival here. Doing the transfer right now and am hoping it will run smooth. As stated before when copying via pc there are some errors in a few files :(

Just finished the data transfer and I must say I'm glad I jumped on the train. It's gorgeous!
The 3D is definitely improved with the use of eye tracking, even in a dimly lit room it works like a charm. It's so much better. Love it!!!

Is it just me or is the top screen flickering even (or especially) in 2D (3d off) mode? It seems the head tracking is still working and adjusting the parallax barrier.

I just noticed this while the Pikmin are running left and right all the time

edit: just noticed the 2d off is snapping now. Did not push it over the snap. All good.

true Gek

Couldn't tell from the video no, but now I see what you mean. That sucks.

And you know what sucks most? The fact that at the moment they don't know how to manage problems about the new 3DS...

"We don't know what to do, you have to send an email and wait for an answer" . . .

TheMoon

Is it just me or is the top screen flickering even (or especially) in 2D (3d off) mode? It seems the head tracking is still working and adjusting the parallax barrier.

I just noticed this while the Pikmin are running left and right all the time

edit: just noticed the 2d off is snapping now. Did not push it over the snap. All good.

also remember that the auto-brightness adjust is on by default. that will also cause "flickering" if you move around a lot and the lighting conditions change. you can turn that off below the normal brightness settings if you want to.

Peagles

And you know what sucks most? The fact that at the moment they don't know how to manage problems about the new 3DS...

"We don't know what to do, you have to send an email and wait for an answer" . . .

Geez, well I guess that's part of being an ambassador
beta tester :(

I don't know if our repair agents are up to date yet but they've been out here a couple of months now. I assume they'll have to once they hit retail.

slammer

It really sucks for me...called the German office (btw. nice hold music: an orchestral version of the Kakariko theme), there were nice and everything, but have to get an approval from the Office in UK to send me a shipping label or refund shipping costs. I'm certainly not paying up to 20 Euro to send this thing in, I've already paid 205 for the system, geez...

true Gek

Geez, well I guess that's part of being an ambassador
beta tester :(

I don't know if our repair agents are up to date yet but they've been out here a couple of months now. I assume they'll have to once they hit retail.

Where do you come from? Japan or Australia?

I hope that for the end of February the repair center will have the knowledge and parts necessary for the repair :/

Tambini

I don't have my new 3ds yet but I have a question about the network IDs.

Do I need to unlink my ID somehow from my old 3ds which I'm about to sell before I can use it on a new one? I already completely formatted the old 3ds so I don't know if that affected it or not.
I don't really care about transferring my games over I only had the gba ambassador games and some shitty dsiware. I just want to be able to use my account on my new console.

TheMoon

is there a way to turn of the auto light setting?

4 posts above this one, I posted the answer to that exact question :D

I don't have my new 3ds yet but I have a question about the network IDs.

Do I need to unlink my ID somehow from my old 3ds which I'm about to sell before I can use it on a new one? I already completely formatted the old 3ds so I don't know if that affected it or not.
I don't really care about transferring my games over I only had the gba ambassador games and some shitty dsiware. I just want to be able to use my account on my new console.

...you should've kept it and done a system transfer. now you get to call Nintendo's customer service so they untie your NNID from your 3DS which would've been a non issue if you had done the system transfer.

Top Bottom