• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition for Europe

true Gek

New Zealand.

Hope so, fingers crossed for you!

Thanks T_T I hope that Nintendo will answer me in a few days.

Except for this problem the console works very well and I'm not regretting my old 3DS XL. The screen size is simply perfect: not too small and not too big. Finally the pixelation is only a far memory XD

Has anyone tried one of these in those pouch case things from the Stars Catalogue? I have the points for one but they fit XLs so I might wait and see for something specific to the model if they're quite baggy fitting on the New.

kubus

Actually I think a few faceplates do come with codes for themes. It's a minority though.
There was a campaign for a free Kyarykyarypamyupamyu theme. You could get a code for the theme with every cover plate purchase if you bought one in a specific time frame. I think the campaign has ended already though I'm not sure. I got one in the mail when I ordered some plates from amazon Japan.

But besides this campaign, as far as I know you never get a (matching) theme code with cover plates, unfortunately.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Putosaure

Finally got this baby.
Really stupid from Nintendo to obviously write on the package "New 3DS Ambassador". Hopefully nobody stole it.

Can't wait tonight unboxing !

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Glad you enjoyed it :)

That's only my second video review so am a bit of a noob, but hopefully it helped make your decision a bit easier.

well, I ordered the ambassador, but I agree with your feedbacks, even if I'd say that the right stick is really good once you are used to it, while the new 3D is improved, but me, that I already enjoyed the previous one, didn't feel that great improvement.
Btw, this video was well, done, go ahead!

Flintty

I knew keeping my Ambassador plates on would be a mistake. Found a curly scratch on the bottom one this morning - set me up in a proper shit mood for the day.

Worst thing is, I know it wasn't me who did it. I'm sure it was my wife, probably when 'tidying' (throwing it into the games cabinet). Fuck sake.

Gonna be a mission to not mention it when I get home. Give me strength, GAF.

well, I ordered the ambassador, but I agree with your feedbacks, even if I'd say that the right stick is really good once you are used to it, while the new 3D is improved, but me, that I already enjoyed the previous one, didn't feel that great improvement.
Btw, this video was well, done, go ahead!

I'm definitely getting more used to the stick - works beautifully in Monster Hunter for example. I think its just Metal Gear where it can be a bit shaky - but not sure if that's an intentional lack of dizaepam effect or just the c stck haha.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it man :)

Thanks for the kind words, its appreciated.

Thanks mate. I try not to get into arguments with wife over trivial/material things. My marriage is surely more important!

But it's the Ambassador Edition dammit!

Haha, if it was my girlfriend I definitely would have freaked out at her! Partly because she'd understand my pain.

Some news about my faulty New 3DS Ambassador : the email adress that was given to make inquiries was "webmaster@nintendo.fr".

So I dropped an email Thursday and today I got an answer telling me to call the customer support.
Which I did and after about 25mn of waiting I had to hang off because I have other things to do.
During the wait, a recorded message is telling to use the support website, but on the support website they don't have "New 3DS" in the list... So I can't proceed further...

Well, so much for being an "Ambassador" !

jj70

Neo Member
Some news about my faulty New 3DS Ambassador : the email adress that was given to make inquiries was "webmaster@nintendo.fr".

So I dropped an email Thursday and today I got an answer telling me to call the customer support.
Which I did and after about 25mn of waiting I had to hang off because I have other things to do.
During the wait, a recorded message is telling to use the support website, but on the support website they don't have "New 3DS" in the list... So I can't proceed further...

I suggest you to write back to customer support and webmaster teling them your experience till now. Once they read, they will contact you with other procedure, I suppose.

Dilli666

Still no sight of my Ambassador 3DS here :(
Although I've ordered as one of the first hundred (as my order number states). I've at least received a separate bill by letter - thanks Nintendo :V

I knew keeping my Ambassador plates on would be a mistake. Found a curly scratch on the bottom one this morning - set me up in a proper shit mood for the day.

Worst thing is, I know it wasn't me who did it. I'm sure it was my wife, probably when 'tidying' (throwing it into the games cabinet). Fuck sake.

Gonna be a mission to not mention it when I get home. Give me strength, GAF.

Sounds like grounds for divorce to me

true Gek

I sent a mail friday afternoon and they have not yet answered even if I solicited them by a phone calling. Honestly I'm a little bit scared about what you are saying. It looks like the repair will be an authentic odyssey.

I sent a mail friday afternoon and they have not yet answered even if I solicited them by a phone calling. Honestly I'm a little bit scared about what you are saying. It looks like the repair will be an authentic odyssey.

Tried to call them again during 30mn, and finally gave up because I'm at work.

I also sent an email to their support service.

I'll keep you guys up to date.

Atouba

I'm still waiting for them to send me a shipping label or whatever. I'll call them later...

Still waiting too. Send them a mail.
Pretty sure that Nintendo fucked this up. As some people already mentioned, they only printed the first adress field - but without the second (my post id) it will not arrive me :(

Neku89

Still no N3DS. Tomorrow is the deadline (I ordered on the 12th), after that I'll request a refund for the shipping costs. I've already sent two emails - one on Friday and one yesterday - and they haven't replied (yet).

Horrendous handling of the whole thing for these "prized customers".

Tried to call them again during 30mn, and finally gave up because I'm at work.

I also sent an email to their support service.

I'll keep you guys up to date.

I finally got someone on the phone.
The guy was totally unsympathetic, and he simply took my coordinates, and told me that he will call me back when he'll have some news.
He was ready to hang up the phone, and I asked but what kind of news ? when ?
He answered he didn't know what to do, they can't repair new 3DS for now, and they don't have any procedure.
So that's it...
I suppose I'll have to wait for the official release of the New 3DS to hope having some repair service...

spelli

Neo Member
Mine arrived last friday, but my left stick (the main one) is a little bit hard and not fluent at some angles. Is this normal? I noticed that using it softens it, but still it's not buttery smooth.
Someone having this "issue"?

is there a way to turn of the auto light setting?
I had to switch it off when setting up my niece's n3DS. It's so bloody annoying. They cheaped out on the implementation (I shouldn't be surprised, it's Nintendo), and the brightness adjusts so often and so obviously from tiny little movements. Nothing like auto brightness on phones.

The wood plates are only £10.99 at GAME so order from there to save £6
Hnnnnnng. That's a good price but my hatred for Game knows no bounds. I would rather pay a higher price than risk getting a product with complimentary pubic hair.

mark118

Neo Member
Zavvi have the wood plate for 10.99 aswell, game online store for brand new stuff seems to be ok aswell, its only if you order old releases or preowend you get thr free pubes

squarerootofpie

Neo Member
I've got to say I'm loving my New 3DS.

Here's my video review for The Metropolist, hopefully it'll hope those who are on the fence between the N3DS and NXL as I was. I was pretty unsure about getting it initially, but now am really happy with my decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xv2bScv-4I

Written
http://www.themetropolist.com/play/hardware-tech-reviews/review-new-3ds-ambassador-edition/

Ah, that review was awesome! Thanks for going to the effort of showing how it works with some of the older games too, I'm seriously craving the New 3ds now. So annoyed that the Xl is missing out on the faceplates & snes buttons.

Ah, that review was awesome! Thanks for going to the effort of showing how it works with some of the older games too, I'm seriously craving the New 3ds now. So annoyed that the Xl is missing out on the faceplates & snes buttons.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. I really wanted the XL originally, as the idea of going back to a smaller screen after having an XL seemed kind of weird.

I'm glad I did though, I'm really happy with the New 3DS.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Dug through my stash of old accessories and found an old GBC pouch I got with Pokémon Blue (branded with Electronic Boutique). The N3DS slips in quite nicely. Just a shame that as a pouch there's a bit of a gap at the sides with the lid flips over so dust and dirt from a bag could get in, but it will do for now.

Greymanic

Neo Member
Haven't read through the full discussion so apologies if this has come up before but...I ordered the ambassador 3DS on January 7th. As it was shipping to Ireland, I figured it would take awhile to arrive but today in our mail I received an enveloped invoice from Nintendo for the 3DS, but no device. Does this usually happen or should I be concerned?

TheMoon

Haven't read through the full discussion so apologies if this has come up before but...I ordered the ambassador 3DS on January 7th. As it was shipping to Ireland, I figured it would take awhile to arrive but today in our mail I received an enveloped invoice from Nintendo for the 3DS, but no device. Does this usually happen or should I be concerned?

Contact them, ask for the tracking number.

Top Bottom