• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition for Europe

Atouba

I got now a response from Nintendo. Like I already said, ther didn't printed the second adressfield.

The answered, that they will send the package again. But there is no apology from their side. I mean, they fucked it up, I have to wait at least one more week than any others for my 205€ purchase and there is no sorry? Thats bad customer service.

cireza

Got mine. Console is okay, quality is low but that's how Nintendo's consoles have been recently anyway. Screens are a bit yellow.

Hope that there will be matte faceplates, because the standard plastic is awful.

JordanKZ

Got mine. Console is okay, quality is low but that's how Nintendo's consoles have been recently anyway. Screens are a bit yellow.

Hope that there will be matte faceplates, because the standard plastic is awful.

Honestly, I don't get that, the new 3DS is a very solidly constructed device. Especially in comparison to the old XL, that literally split down its seam when you opened the SD card flap.

As for matte faceplates? Yup, I have some of them:

new_nintendo_3ds_cover_plates_no_010_white_emboss_faceplate_xl.jpg

J D

Banned
I ordered a second N3ds from Europe, took a risk because it would only let me ship to Ireland but the rest of the address was right and it reached me today in England. Considering raffling or selling it.

Saiyan-Rox

How much were these being sold at in £? I'm looking to buy one cause ninty didnt think I was worthy of one. Just want to judge what people are scalping them for on eBay. Unless someone here is selling Thiers at cost?

Kanhir

Got mine last night and swapped the faceplates out for the Smash ones right away. I don't want a big fat Nintendo sign on my console. :(

Monster Hunter is infinitely better with the C Stick there. MGS 3D too. Worth it just for that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
How much were these being sold at in £? I'm looking to buy one cause ninty didnt think I was worthy of one. Just want to judge what people are scalping them for on eBay. Unless someone here is selling Thiers at cost?

It depends on what you want from it. It's probably cheapest to buy a White N3DS when it comes out and see if you can just buy the exclusive face plates.

flohen95

I doubt anyone would sell just the faceplates though :(

Well, I did see a faceplate auction on eBay, which was the Ambassador faceplates plus the Smash Bros. ones. It ended for 201€ (154£) excl. shipping (for reference, this was before the New 3DS's regular release date was announced).

Which means that it's probably not cheapest to just buy them and a new white New 3DS, but to just buy the complete package (which you can get for ~250£ buy it now on eBay iirc).

Saiyan-Rox

Well, I did see a faceplate auction on eBay, which was the Ambassador faceplates plus the Smash Bros. ones. It ended for 201€ (154£) excl. shipping (for reference, this was before the New 3DS's regular release date was announced).

Which means that it's probably not cheapest to just buy them and a new white New 3DS, but to just buy the complete package (which you can get for ~250£ buy it now on eBay iirc).

Just the plates? Jeez I hate scalpers. Cheapest console on there is 220 doubt anyone on here would sell there's for cost.

moozoom

Got mine yesterday, after re-scheduling the delivery with Exapaq.

I really advise French members to contact nintendo to have a tracking number, otherwise I don't think you'll see your package soon.

The console :

Love it, had small problems with the system transfer (my fault for not copying the data in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on the new card ) but everything's fine now.

I switched off the auto luminosity instantly, and I really like the new 3D screen and its new field of view. The new little nub is strange but works well in the Monster Hunter 4 Demo. Gotta try with other games when I have the time.

I like the ambassador faceplate, but I think I'll probably buy some other ones when they are available... sooo tempting to change the look every other day.

wrowa

Just the plates? Jeez I hate scalpers. Cheapest console on there is 220 doubt anyone on here would sell there's for cost.

Keep in mind that 10% of that goes straight to eBay and additional 2% to PayPal. At 220 the seller is not really making a significant profit.

Still nothing (order January 9th) and I have no tracking number so I don't know where the system is...
Now more than 1 week that I put my AU New 3DS in "wait mode" to keep it in perfect condition to resell it so no SSB for 3DS while commuting to work is hard :'(

kubus

Seriously, if you still haven't received anything why haven't you called them yet?! With such a limited and expensive item, I'd be paranoid by now.

Duckbuster

Neo Member
Seriously, if you still haven't received anything why haven't you called them yet?! With such a limited and expensive item, I'd be paranoid by now.

Yeah exactly.
Specially when it's way over due the 7 days.
Also just noticed your little avatar change. Pretty cute.

Raitaro

I have received mine as well, after it first had to get delivered at my parents place in The Netherlands (where it arrived within a week of ordering to my surprise) and then sent by them to me in the UK.

Because of the no adapter policy and my parents not being able to test it before sending it onwards, I was a bit worried that I would be getting a machine with some dead pixels or something, requiring me to send it all the way back again, but luckily that didn't happen.

So far I'm pretty happy with the machine overall, especially after I was a bit concerned about the whole transfer process (which, for me, ended up being not too bad due to me never using a bigger sd card in the old 3DS). As a bit of a Nintendo nut I also like the small box it came in that shows Nintendo's Kyoto office and explains the three kanji on the faceplate (reading: Entrust, Sky & Company).

As some others here, I have also noticed that the new screens are more yellowish than the old ones on my first gen 3DS (which are more blueish by comparison). Not a disaster of course and I'll probably not notice it after a while, but when you compare the two devices directly it certainly is noticeable.

Good luck to those still waiting for theirs!

Chû Totoro;148615394 said:
Still nothing (order January 9th) and I have no tracking number so I don't know where the system is...
Now more than 1 week that I put my AU New 3DS in "wait mode" to keep it in perfect condition to resell it so no SSB for 3DS while commuting to work is hard :'(

Still nothing. Received the invoice though... with 15th january as order and delivery date ?!?

Seriously why no tracking number? I don't know where is mine and I've ordered it for almost two weeks :'(

Do they deliver it in hands or do they let it in the mailbox?

L~A

Chû Totoro;148770878 said:
Still nothing. Received the invoice though... with 15th january as order and delivery date ?!?

Seriously why no tracking number? I don't know where is mine and I've ordered it for almost two weeks :'(

They should deliver it to you, they need your signature.

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
Chû Totoro;148770878 said:

Same boat, received the invoice today, with delivery date 16th of January. It's nice to see I'm not the only one I guess.

UPDATE: Here it is!

Terxus

Neo Member
Seems like my unit is defective :(

The screens usually turn black after about 15 minutes of playing, sometimes with this error message.

Or the system just outright freezes on the home screen after turning it on.

Does anyone know if I can just fill out the repair form and send it to the (german) repair center?
I really don't want to send it back to england...

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
I've managed to scratch the faceplate already. Yay for my unsteady hand and for whoever decided that I should remove screws to change the microsd.

Anyone interested in buying the Ambassador faceplates? I don't actually really like them that much.

Just match the price of faceplates+postage and you can have them.

nemisis0

If anyone still wants a new 3ds I still have mine and can sell it with the smash plates and the dock and a mario holder, if anyone is interested it has no box since my mum decided to through it out becouse she fought it was junk. Everything is in new to mint condition I only used it once but I want a black one.

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
I've managed to scratch the faceplate already. Yay for my unsteady hand and for whoever decided that I should remove screws to change the microsd.

After two days of constant trying I've stripped the screw and it's not moved a mm. I'm using the correct screwdriver (Philips #00) and it's not like I'm not experienced disassembling things and it's a simple screw goddamn. The other screw got out like it was covered in butter.

I'm thinking of contacting Nintendo. Perhaps there's something wrong with the faceplate.

kunonabi

After two days of constant trying I've stripped the screw and it's not moved a mm. I'm using the correct screwdriver (Philips #00) and it's not like I'm not experienced disassembling things and it's a simple screw goddamn. The other screw got out like it was covered in butter.

I'm thinking of contacting Nintendo. Perhaps there's something wrong with the faceplate.

I had that happen with my gamepad battery cover. Had to melt it off and buy a new battery cover.

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
I had that happen with my gamepad battery cover. Had to melt it off and buy a new battery cover.

Woah, hope Nintendo can prevent me setting fire to my NN3DS D: I've shoot them an email, though they haven't answered the last three I sent them. I'll call them on Monday.

TheMoon

The screw isn't supposed to "come out" - it's supposed to stay in the plate after you loosen it and you then remove the plate at the side with your fingernail or the backend of the stylus (like a lever).

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
The screw isn't supposed to "come out" - it's supposed to stay in the plate after you loosen it and you then remove the plate at the side with your fingernail or the backend of the stylus (like a lever).

I know, it was a bit of a figure of speech - I meant that it loosened up. The right one, however, didn't budge an inch.

Highwind

Seems like my unit is defective :(

The screens usually turn black after about 15 minutes of playing, sometimes with this error message.

Or the system just outright freezes on the home screen after turning it on.

Does anyone know if I can just fill out the repair form and send it to the (german) repair center?
I really don't want to send it back to england...

Gotta wait till the official release if you want the system repaired.

Peagles

Fully stuck it seems. Now that the screw is busted I've managed to get friction with the rubber band trick but it's completely immobile.

How odd. The screws don't come out per se, they stay flush against the plate and simply loosen to allow you to pry the plate off.

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
How odd. The screws don't come out per se, they stay flush against the plate and simply loosen to allow you to pry the plate off.

Well, I've decided to man up and break the faceplate around the screw and armed with pliers, a full set of screwdrivers and a phone pry tool and eventually I found that the screw was apparently attached a blob of plastic on the back of the console. I removed it as well as I could: once I did, the now completely striped screw surrendered without a fight.

Now the back (the part that goes beyond the backplage) has some minor damage and the top has some extremely minor damage that will haunt me forever as I have severe OCD.

Now the Smash frontplate is slightly scratched and the Ambassador backplate is obviously unusable. Welp, I wanted a matte one anyways.

But I will happily suck it up just so I don't have to do the RMA process. Mantra: the screens are fine, all is good, the screens are fine... :p

My replacement finally arrived yesterday, and my nightmare is almost at an end.

I finally got a prepaid return shipping label from Nintendo France. But they have not told me if I should send the whole box and accessories, or only the console.

In your case, did you sent back everything ?

Top Bottom