• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new PS4 bundle called "Player Bundle"? PS4 + The Order 1886 + TLOU + Bloodborne

AndyD

aka andydumi
Should have added Driveclub. A third person action, a shooter and an extreme sports/driving game is a better mix to me. But alas we dont really have any extreme sports games.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
What colorful and fun loving games they offer. all that optimism and joy.

Javin98

Banned
Amazon was basically giving away the Snore of Us last week so I can't expect they'd charge much more with the Order added in.

Personally I'd rather get a new game than a remaster.
FinishedRectangularAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle.gif

Let me give you a round of applause for this joke /s

DevilFox

The 3 games that forced me to get a PS4. Placed at €399 this Holiday should do very well against the competition.

When someone paid 60 bucks for it and they had to convince themselves it was a good.

The brain is an amazing organ.

First and last time I'll ever say such a thing: I wish this kind of accusation was bannable, really, it shows low respect and consideration for those who have a different opinion.

Lighten up a little. I'd think a reasonable fan of The Order would at least be able to see how a person might find the contrast somewhat amusing.

I'd say interesting since they're 3 very different experiences. A great bundle that only the addition of Driveclub could make perfect.

m@cross

If by 'great' you mean 6-8 hour generic third person shooter with no replay value, a laughable story, numerous QTEs, and poor boss fights, then sure.

You don't like QTE and you think the boss fights are poor (probably because they use QTE I think). The story however is interesting and well done, and the shooter is hardly generic if you consider the unique variety of weapons and numerous options for clearing those combat sequences.

Just because it is a short game and it has QTE, does not mean the game is flat out shit. Maybe let other people try it out if they can get it at a reasonable price and stop trying to dissuade everyone just because in your opinion it is a bad game?

How about a constructive opinion instead?

The Order has an interesting story set in a beautiful environment. It does use QTE elements so it may not be for everyone, and at about 7 hours game play, its selling price should be considered for any purchaser.

First bundle I'd consider. Hopefully it is physical copies so you get some trade in value.

It was supposed to be disparaging and you took the bait.

Well obviously, but at least put some effort into it. The comment about The Order 1886 being a coaster was funny.

vin-buc

But you can't have people playing it and making up their own minds, what about the critical consensus?

The critics say it's bad so it must be. I can completely understand that a lot of people didn't like it - that's cool. There are also a lot of people who did. You know who's voice gets heard tho.

This an excellent bundle. I wish The Orders box art was different. Looks like "Fuse".

You don't like QTE and you think the boss fights are poor (probably because they use QTE I think). The story however is interesting and well done, and the shooter is hardly generic if you consider the unique variety of weapons and numerous options for clearing those combat sequences.

Just because it is a short game and it has QTE, does not mean the game is flat out shit. Maybe let other people try it out if they can get it at a reasonable price and stop trying to dissuade everyone just because in your opinion it is a bad game?

How about a constructive opinion instead?

The Order has an interesting story set in a beautiful environment. It does use QTE elements so it may not be for everyone, and at about 7 hours game play, its selling price should be considered for any purchaser.

I don't know about you my idea of fun isn't watching a lengthy cutscene and having to mash the X button to do some monotonous in-game task they label as 'interactive' because the developer is worried about me falling asleep during their boring game. Using this lazy mechanic in both boss fights was uninspired and boring as well, and don't even get me started on the brain dead lycan AI.

The story is not well done; it is nonsensical and does a terrible job explaining to the player what is going on which makes things very confusing from the outset. The shooting is generic if you've bothered to play a TPS in the last decade. Your claim that there is a variety of weapons is false, the arsenal is your standard by the books pistol, carbine, shotgun, sub machine gun tree, and when you do get the opportunity to try out one of Tesla's cool sci-fi weapons, it ends up being for a brief moment before you're thrust back into using regular guns. This is pretty disingenuous considering the initial announcement trailer we got and left a bad taste in my mouth. The combat is nothing more than standard fare, you move from one room or hallway to the next taking cover and shooting generic rebels which is only broken up by death screens when you get swarmed by cheap armored shotgunners. Thinking there are numerous ways to approach combat seems laughable to me, it's the same thing every. single. time.

The game is not very good and I was sharing my opinion. If you can't handle criticism being levied towards something you like, you might want to leave the thread or grow some thicker skin. Honestly, I don't think it's worth spending more than $15-$20 on.

The Order thread? The Order thread.

Nice bundle. 2 of my favorite games of the past few years and a graphics showpiece. I agree that Driveclub should have been in there instead of The Order. A much better albeit a much different game.

m@cross

I don't know about you my idea of fun isn't watching a lengthy cutscene and having to mash the X button to do some monotonous in-game task they label as 'interactive' because the developer is worried about me falling asleep during their boring game. Using this lazy mechanic in both boss fights was uninspired and boring as well, and don't even get me started on the brain dead lycan AI.

The story is not well done; it is nonsensical and does a terrible job explaining to the player what is going on which makes things very confusing from the outset. The shooting is generic if you've bothered to play a TPS in the last decade. Your claim that there is a variety of weapons is false, the arsenal is your standard by the books pistol, carbine, shotgun, sub machine gun tree, and when you do get the opportunity to try out one of Tesla's cool sci-fi weapons, it ends up being for a brief moment before you're thrust back into using regular guns. This is pretty disingenuous considering the initial announcement trailer we got and left a bad taste in my mouth. The combat is nothing more than standard fare, you move from one room or hallway to the next taking cover and shooting generic rebels which is only broken up by death screens when you get swarmed by cheap armored shotgunners. Thinking there are numerous ways to approach combat seems laughable to me, it's the same thing every. single. time.

The game is not very good and I was sharing my opinion. If you can't handle criticism being levied towards something you like, you might want to leave the thread or grow some thicker skin. Honestly, I don't think it's worth spending more than $15-$20 on.

It is a shooter, most shooters can be devolved down to moving from scene to scene and killing a mostly repetitive selection of enemies. Yes it has generic soldiers, but it also has guys trying to flank you with grenades, other guys using the gas gatling canons, sniper scenes, stealth kill scenes etc. This is a decent variety of action when compared to the average shooter. You also have the option of blowing up gas tanks for kills, or entering melee range for a variety of kill types as well as entering a bullet time type sequence to slow mo kill guys. The game has a ton more to it then just sitting behind a crate and shooting, though if you prefer that, you certainly can.

Feel free to offer your opinion, but back it up with evidence instead of simply flat out shit posting about the game. That type of post brings zero value and just leaves a bad taste.

You must think the game has some value btw if you think it is worth $15-$20, I know if I felt a game was simply bad as you initially stated, I'd not give it any value.

ICPEE

You are continuing to derail the thread. I'm not sure if that's at all a wise thing to do.

Hope this bundle comes to South Africa. Would love something like this at years end to finally pick up a PS4.

It is a shooter, most shooters can be devolved down to moving from scene to scene and killing a mostly repetitive selection of enemies. Yes it has generic soldiers, but it also has guys trying to flank you with grenades, other guys using the gas gatling canons, sniper scenes, stealth kill scenes etc. This is a decent variety of action when compared to the average shooter. You also have the option of blowing up gas tanks for kills, or entering melee range for a variety of kill types as well as entering a bullet time type sequence to slow mo kill guys. The game has a ton more to it then just sitting behind a crate and shooting, though if you prefer that, you certainly can.

Feel free to offer your opinion, but back it up with evidence instead of simply flat out shit posting about the game. That type of post brings zero value and just leaves a bad taste.

You must think the game has some value btw if you think it is worth $15-$20, I know if I felt a game was simply bad as you initially stated, I'd not give it any value.

I've already offered my thoughts on the game so I'm not responding to your rebuttal. You think it's awesome and full of variety, I think it's a generic cover based shooter with no replay value. We'll just leave it at that instead of going in circles because you're not going to convince me otherwise and vice-versa.

Also, I did offer evidence in my initial post but you threw a fit because I didn't go into enough detail for your liking. And I don't remember saying that the game had zero value, all I did was challenge the assertion that it's 'great'

You are continuing to derail the thread. I'm not sure if that's at all a wise thing to do.

Hope this bundle comes to South Africa. Would love something like this at years end to finally pick up a PS4.

m@cross asked for an in-depth opinion and I gave it. Not trying to derail so I don't know where that's coming from, I'll just see myself out.

sphinx

the piano man
easily the most appealing PS4 bundle

considering the bundle with TLOU, camera and a 2nd dualshock was 449 euros, I can see this having the same price.

and if this thread is gonna get derailed with the The Order beaten-dead-Horse argument, I'd rather have people say which similar bundles could MS and Nintendo do to create some excitement.

if we have a $250 WiiU bundle which includes Zelda 2016 and Mario 3D World, I'll jump in.

Chiggs

That's a pretty slick bundle. Obviously, The Order is awful, but it certainly makes a nice visual showcase for the system.

ICPEE

I've already offered my thoughts on the game so I'm not responding to your rebuttal. You think it's awesome and full of variety, I think it's a generic cover based shooter with no replay value. We'll just leave it at that instead of going in circles because you're not going to convince me otherwise and vice-versa.

Also, I did offer evidence in my initial post but you threw a fit because I didn't go into enough detail for your liking. And I don't remember saying that the game had zero value, all I did was challenge the assertion that it's 'great'

m@cross asked for an in-depth opinion and I gave it. Not trying to derail so I don't know where that's coming from, I'll just see myself out.
Its all good bruh. Just trying to help.

Great bundle. What surprises me is that Bloodborne is only a 16. Sure it's monsters, but it's a violent game based on killing, lots of blood and horror elements.

Pinktaco

Now imagine that uncharted would've released this year and they release same bundle during the holiday with uncharted instead of The Order. Boom :p

Top Bottom