• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new PS4 bundle called "Player Bundle"? PS4 + The Order 1886 + TLOU + Bloodborne

Brofield

I'd bite. Hell, even with the bad rap I still want to give The Order a shot. Hopefully it comes to Canada soon so I don't have to buy a regular PS4 when Arkham Knight launches.

Goldrusher

There's nob in The Order.
That actually doesn't matter when it comes to an 18 rating.

PEGI 3
The content of games given this rating is considered suitable for all age groups. Some violence in a comical context (typically Bugs Bunny or Tom & Jerry cartoon-like forms of violence) is acceptable. The child should not be able to associate the character on the screen with real life characters, they should be totally fantasy. The game should not contain any sounds or pictures that are likely to scare or frighten young children. No bad language should be heard.

PEGI 7
Any game that would normally be rated at 3 but contains some possibly frightening scenes or sounds may be considered suitable in this category.

PEGI 12
Videogames that show violence of a slightly more graphic nature towards fantasy character and/or non graphic violence towards human-looking characters or recognisable animals, as well as videogames that show nudity of a slightly more graphic nature would fall in this age category. Any bad language in this category must be mild and fall short of sexual expletives.

PEGI 16
This rating is applied once the depiction of violence (or sexual activity) reaches a stage that looks the same as would be expected in real life. More extreme bad language, the concept of the use of tobacco and drugs and the depiction of criminal activities can be content of games that are rated 16.

PEGI 18
The adult classification is applied when the level of violence reaches a stage where it becomes a depiction of gross violence and/or includes elements of specific types of violence. Gross violence is the most difficult to define since it can be very subjective in many cases, but in general terms it can be classed as the depictions of violence that would make the viewer feel a sense of revulsion.
http://www.pegi.info/en/index/id/33/

Dynomutt

How does this always happen? This thread is about the value of a bundle as a whole. How did it get hijacked to be solely about "The Order 1886". This always happens. Impulse control people. Some of these post are shit posts and offer zero benefit to this thread.

It's a scripted,linear,casual cinematic experience that puts emphasis on story over gameplay.

This is what people say to criticise the order who have not played the game. It has a lot of problems, but being 'linear, scripted, cinematic and emphasis on story' are not necessarily bad things, the order just does what it tries to do poorly.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
You don't like QTE and you think the boss fights are poor (probably because they use QTE I think). The story however is interesting and well done, and the shooter is hardly generic if you consider the unique variety of weapons and numerous options for clearing those combat sequences.

Just because it is a short game and it has QTE, does not mean the game is flat out shit. Maybe let other people try it out if they can get it at a reasonable price and stop trying to dissuade everyone just because in your opinion it is a bad game?

How about a constructive opinion instead?

The Order has an interesting story set in a beautiful environment. It does use QTE elements so it may not be for everyone, and at about 7 hours game play, its selling price should be considered for any purchaser.

Is The Order the only TPS you have ever played?

FranXico

Sony started bundling more aggressively in Europe post Bloodborne. Just saw a TLoU+2nd controller+camera bundle in the local FNAC store today.

keit4

Banned
If this is 400 euros i will cry. I bought the Bloodborne bundle + Watch Dogs for that price a couple days ago :(

The Order has a higher age certificate than Bloodborne?!

giphy.gif

Nudity is higher than violence on the list of no-no's, amazing world we live in.

This thread is so full of hyperbole it's awesome :D TLOU a movie? Really? Bloodborne not that bad, the order a "bad game" when it should be mediocre at it's worst? Mmmmmk.

I think this bundle is friggin amazing. But I really hope they push a similar one targeted at families.

The Order is actually a perfect game for a pack in, it shows off what the system can do, and to many it was a good enough game, just maybe not worth $60. Packing it in with the machine alleviates that purchase pressure, and can maybe get people to appreciate what's there, and not be biased with their wallets.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Amazing bundle. Two of the fantastic/meaty games and a fun but flawed game that's and incredible visual showcase. Priced right this could be huge.

The Order has language and nudity on top of violence.

Bloodborne is just violence.

The order has a male schlong visible.

Nudity > Violence

There's nob in The Order.

Nudity is higher than violence on the list of no-no's, amazing world we live in.

I just find it somewhat amusing that a game that's so rooted in grotesque imagery and the macabre managed to acquire a lower Pegi rating than a steampunk third-person cover shooter.

Having said that, and looking aside the quick flashes of tallywacker, The Order did turn out to be a surprisingly violent game. Almost unnecessarily so at times.

Adachi

Banned
I think there should be way more bundles of that kind from MS and Sony, stop that whole third party multiplat bundle stuff (unless it's a real special edition like with Destiny or Batman) and instead focus on bringing the great games (or in the Orders case mediocre games to be honest) that you can only experience on your platform closer to new buyers.

Bundles like this are a way bigger draw to people that potentially want a PS4 as their secondary console and exclusive machine and they also help grow fanbases for those exclusive franchises.

I'd switch the Order (or TLOU:R) with Infamous SS though, really don't know why that game isn't being pushed by Sony anymore at all.

Goldrusher

I just find it somewhat amusing that a game that's so rooted in grotesque imagery and the macabre managed to acquire a lower Pegi rating than a steampunk third-person cover shooter.

Bloodborne
- Realistic looking violence (16)

The Last of Us
- Extreme violence (18)
- Violence towards defenceless people (18)
- Strong language (16)

The Order
- Extreme violence (18)
- Violence towards defenceless people (18)
- Graphic sexual activity showing genitalia (16)
- Strong language (16)

vin-buc

I'd switch the Order (or TLOU:R) with Infamous SS though, really don't know why that game isn't being pushed by Sony anymore at all.

Opinions are a beautiful thing. I found I:SS to be so boring quickly after I got over the sensation of bursting out of pipes. And I got it for free. I got until the end of the first world and just couldn't anymore. I paid $30 for The Order and couldn't wait to play and finish it.

This is a great bundle. Even though TLoU is a remake these are all new franchises not "Part 2's". If priced right I think it can do very well.

funkypie

Banned
Why are people saying the order has 7 hours game play? It has 3 to 4 hours gameplay with the rest cutscenes that make up those other 3 hours.

sublimit

Banned
This is what people say to criticise the order who have not played the game. It has a lot of problems, but being 'linear, scripted, cinematic and emphasis on story' are not necessarily bad things, the order just does what it tries to do poorly.

I wasn't talking about the Order though. ;)

ike_

$500 maybe? PS4 + 2 great games
+ complimentary coaster
- moderate discount

Have to be the 19th person to make the TLoU is not just a coaster joke. Need this. Have to.

Anyway still a fucking fantastic bundle, especially if it comes with a month of PS+.

m@cross

Is The Order the only TPS you have ever played?

Nope, played many of them. As a pure TPS it is average, but my experience with it showed e that despite it being an average TPS, the story and setting was interesting enough combined with the weapons to make it enjoyable. It isn't GotY, but just because it is not a great TPS doesn't mean it is a terrible game as many seem to want to say. Some people no doubt won;t like it, but that doesn't make it a bad game. I honestly can't stand Halo for example, but I accept it is a good game despite my taste, and I don't go around in every Halo thread to try to convince everyone it sucks.

SRTtoZ

Call me crazy but I think The Order 1886 fits in perfectly for the person who buys his first next gen system and is blown away by the visuals.

Dont Sony usually do physical copies in bundles? Mine were anyway although admittedly it wasnt an actual bundle, more a special offer.
Yep I got a bundle with 3 games and all were physical. I didn't get. Bloodborne though, I got some pretty Damn average games in mine :/

Top Bottom