• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars Battlefront Coverage (Oct 5)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I guess it has been a long time since the last Battlefront if people are forgetting how light saber "duels" played out.

They were janky then and they will be janky now since you can't shoehorn melee mechanics into a shooter no matter how hard you try. =P

I was always expecting quite a bit of jank with the heroes.

The Vader voice is really bad though.

Need to play the beta. I have a feeling this game will look janky but be a good time with friends.

Oh. I thought this looked fucking amazing when I saw the footage released a couple of months ago. Looking at it now, it doesn't look quite so impressive.

That Hero gameplay looked terrible. Janky, repetitive, unpolished and just altogether poor looking. The animations and overall hit detection when using the Hero's really needs work.

Agreed. The hero combat reminded me of Skyrim.

The game looks so boring and animations are really bad.

Do Star Wars fans eat it up that easily ? i mean yeah it's a Star Wars game but if there was no Star Wars name attached to it, would people care as much ?

I guess it has been a long time since the last Battlefront if people are forgetting how light saber "duels" played out.

They were janky then and they will be janky now since you can't shoehorn melee mechanics into a shooter no matter how hard you try. =P

I don't give a shit about heroes. When I played SWBF2 online we always turned heroes off. Battlefront is about the lowly soldier to me, not the God Kings of the Force.

I'm so excited for Thursday.

Arttemis

That is absolutely janky animation for the heroes. Jeez.

I'd rather have a Force Unleashed 3
by Platinum

I don't care how lightsaber duels played out in a game released 10 years ago, this is 2015 there should be some improvements.

H3xum

This floatyness and awkward swinging looks like a tech demo to me

Idk what tech for, but demo nonetheless

Curiously, we're missing the more granular means to customise weapons in-between games. It may be in service of a broader, perhaps younger audience in need of a gateway shooter - but there are no equivalents to scope, flashlight, or likewise upgrades here.
This is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Grinding for unlocks has gotten so tiresome.

MMaRsu

Banned
Really not interested in this seeing how goddamn janky it looks. Ill buy it in a year after 5 patches have hit.

Boke1879

I don't give a shit about heroes. When I played SWBF2 online we always turned heroes off. Battlefront is about the lowly soldier to me, not the God Kings of the Force.

I'm so excited for Thursday.

Yea aside from the Saber's being janky I'm still excited for Heroes. And quite honestly I can't wait to see Boba Fett.

Aside from that. It looks good and about what I expected. I can see myself putting tons of time into Drop Zone and Walker assault.

This is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Grinding for unlocks has gotten so tiresome.
It's incredibly refreshing. People have been brainwashed with what amounts to doggy treats with unlocks and rewards for doing the most trivial of tasks in shooters. A lot won't be able to break the award addiction, which is a shame.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dropzone looks a good bit of fun.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I don't care how lightsaber duels played out in a game released 10 years ago, this is 2015 there should be some improvements.

How would you handle it? Completely change the mechanics for heroes? Can you tell me a shooter that completely changed things up when it comes to melee based characters? (Mainly because there are no melee based character in shooters?)

This is Battlefront. This is what fans of the game wanted.

https://youtu.be/YeiZH8MxcnE - Some Battlefront II gameplay.

zychi

Banned
The game looks so boring and animations are really bad.

Do Star Wars fans eat it up that easily ? i mean yeah it's a Star Wars game but if there was no Star Wars name attached to it, would people care as much ?
Nope. And since its post bf2 Dice itll like be broken until after xmas. Not really sure what there is to be excited about here. It looks like a fan mod for battlefield

How would you handle it? Completely change the mechanics for heroes? Can you tell me a shooter that completely changed things up when it comes to melee based characters? (Mainly because there are no melee based character in shooters?)

This is Battlefront. This is what fans of the game wanted.

https://youtu.be/YeiZH8MxcnE - Some Battlefront II gameplay.

So why not just play battlefront 2?

If I'm paying $60 for a game with a fraction of the content of a decade old game you bet your ass I'd hope they rehaul everything.

Boke1879

Dropzone looks a good bit of fun.

Yup. Just looking at it for a few minutes and I can see aside from Walker assault and Death Match. Drop Zone looks like it'll get great mileage out of many. The combat actually seems fun and rewarding.

Hoping we get a GAF community for this game. Should be tons of fun.

Yup. Just looking at it for a few minutes and I can see aside from Walker assault and Death Match. Drop Zone looks like it'll get great mileage out of many. The combat actually seems fun and rewarding.

Hoping we get a GAF community for this game. Should be tons of fun.
We'll be making a GAF PS4 community specifically for the game before the OT drops.

wrongway

Saber mechanics just need to be lifted from the Jedi Knight series.

...actually, we just need a new Jedi Knight game now that Star Wars is coming back. :D

Hyun Sai

Halo and Destiny handled pretty well the sword gameplay, no ?

WITHE1982

Jesus that looks a lot worse then I expected (hero part). Light sabre stuff looked like complete trash.

I'm gonna cool my jets a bit on this and let the Beta decide if I want to invest in the full game.

I've yet to play a battlefront game so this could be my first. Looked a bit boring from the game-play shown. Shame there's no single player to get me up to speed a bit.

Nzyme32

Huh. Doesn't look as amazing as I thought it did for some reason. Also the first video seems to make the movement look a bit odd.

Top Bottom