• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars Battlefront Coverage (Oct 5)

MADGAME

Come on, now. I, for one, am happy we're not just limited to Imperial/Rebel tech on each side.

I am too, just being a bit facetious. To me the sniper stood out as looking and sounding like a world war gun and felt out of place. Maybe it will feel like it belongs when I play.

Going to say it again, I'm so confused by the sniper rifle. It looks and sounds like a traditional bullet rifle. What business does it have in this game? Should be a pew-pew sniper.
Tusken Cycler. The (old) lore term for weapons like them were "slug throwers".

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Why don't we not compare this to an 11 year old game, realize and accept that this is a reboot of a series that is now created by the creators of the original series that Battlefront was directly inspired by, and be happy that we have a full blown war style Star Wars game with beautiful visuals, 60fps gameplay, authentic sound design, lightsaber and air combat, and split screen multiplayer and co-op.

It looks brilliant. A little wonky around the edges with some animation issues and some iffy hero on hero combat, but nothing that will ruin the game.

Can't we just have fun with a game and stop worrying about all the politics and accusations of "cut content!" and things?

I agree. I think it looks pretty great. I don't think people realize that third-person melee combat against a human opponent is always going to be somewhat awkward. That's why very few games have even tried it.

Read my post further up on this page.

Ahh thank you.

This game will have space battle and the prequel factions for 99.99 season pass. Get your wallet ready bro lol. No seriously I think that's what's gonna happen with all the missing content.

It's Star Wars. My wallet is open by default haha.

But seriously the beta will be a great litmus test to see where I stand, I'm glad Dice are giving us that.

And you think DLC to play as Darth Maul wouldnt sell like hotcakes? I think its gonna happen, only a matter of time.
Anything Star Wars will sell (why Disney bought the franchise), it's just my opinion / belief that new content is more exciting and can be marketed much better than any prequel era content. This makes DICE & EA's job easier.

I agree. I think it looks pretty great. I don't think people realize that third-person melee combat against a human opponent is always going to be somewhat awkward. That's why very few games have even tried it.
This is a good point. Although, Destiny has it (Halo did too) so there is a precedent with a Triple A developer, recently.

Load times for multiplayer seem to be around 20-30 seconds, visuals look gorgeous and the framerate seems solid.

PS4 version is lookin' good.

TVexperto

The game looks amazing but I have a feeling with 8vs8 it will more feel like Call of Duty in this game mode they are showing on the PS4 stream on the Playstation Twitch channel right now

Frog-fu

Banned
Excitement for this has taken somewhat of a sharp decline. Maybe if they showed more maps or whatever, but for now I'm preparing to be disappointed.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
This is a good point. Although, Destiny has it (Halo did too) so there is a precedent with a Triple A developer, recently.

I'm not familiar with Destiny at all, but I don't think lightsabers controlling like the sword or hammer in Halo would be a good idea. The sword duels where you mash a button are lame.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Gotta say that the livestream looks miles better than the videos we saw earlier.

They confirmed how many players will the Dropzone mode be? Edit: Saw that it's 8 vs 8. Thanks bombshell

And thank god the streamers are at least decent players

bombshell

Gotta say that the livestream looks miles better than the videos we saw earlier.

They confirmed how many players will the Dropzone mode be?

And thank god the streamers are at least decent players

Dropzone is 8v8.

The other MP mode in the beta, Walker Assault, is 20v20.

seeing some assets pop in on the PS4 stream....small rocks on the ground. Seems pretty random though, its not noticeable until it is. Not a big deal but hopefully that gets ironed out.

ryan299

I don't like how the hero tokens are random. It should be like Titanfall. The better you do, the quicker you can get to be a hero.

Boke1879

LMAOO seeing Luke move so fast would scare the shit outta me.

Gotta say this stream has been good. Things are looking and sounding good. Can't wait for the Beta

trixx

When the game was first announced I was very hyped. Now not so much, and I can't seem to pinpoint exactly why this is the case. Maybe I need to play it before judging.

Top Bottom