• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars Battlefront Coverage (Oct 5)

Machina

Banned
Sadly I can't find anyone at all in matchmaking. Hopefully that isn't a sign of the troubles to come, but otherwise the game itself is amazing.

MADGAME

Some quick ps4 shots i took:
amarec20151006174806.png

It says wave 3 of 6. I thought yesterday they said you can play 5 waves of Survival. Can you confirm?

Damn, that bad? I don't think it looks that bad to be honest. You are right about the W10 streaming though. I think the PS4 pics look nice and clean personally.

Yeah I'll say I'm not a big fan, though my view of the way the game looks is heavily influenced by what it looks like in motion. There's something really off with the way it moves and the animations. Stuttery and stiff.

I'm not terribly concerned.

Raven77

So from the sound of it we'll have another half complete, half broken game from DICE upon release. I thought EA recently said they've learned their lessons on releasing janky broken games.

"skill" based Matchmaking is sadly non existent... i get into the team with people having no thumbs and the enemy team has a group of 8... totally fair

zedge

So from the sound of it we'll have another half complete, half broken game from DICE upon release. I thought EA recently said they've learned their lessons on releasing janky broken games.
Why don't we wait until the game actually releases before going all hyperbole and shit.

Machina

Banned
cant find a game on xbox one, as others have said

Yeah and sadly the harder difficulties in Survivor mode are locked, so you can only play normal which gets old quickly because you're just mowing down stormtroopers. So now I sit and wait for the multiplayer to actually work

KKRT00

"skill" based Matchmaking is sadly non existent... i get into the team with people having no thumbs and the enemy team has a group of 8... totally fair
Beta launched like 1 hour ago, what skill metrics should the matchmatching use? Everyone starts at the same level right now.

MADGAME

Yeah and sadly the harder difficulties in Survivor mode are locked, so you can only play normal which gets old quickly because you're just mowing down stormtroopers. So now I sit and wait for the multiplayer to actually work

Wow I can't wait to mow down Stormtroopers for 4 days. I don't think it will get old quickly for me but maybe I'm wrong. So many of us dying to play and you're bored already :/

Beta launched like 1 hours ago, what skill metrics should the matchmatching use? Everyone starts at the same level right now.

Uhm the System obviously could match me into the team that knows what its doing. And i doubt that the Skill MM will work at the end. Stuff like that never worked for me

I thought the videos looked pretty bad, but ive been playing this for the past 2 hours and im having a lot of fun with it. Definitely try the beta to form an impression, not the videos.

The teams were pretty uneven sometimes during the pod drop mode, like 4-8. Maybe thats because not that many are playing it yet. I think i like supply drop more then walker assault. Running to each pod and fighting over control with the other team is alot of fun. When you control the pod and earn a point, the pod opens up and three powerups drop out of it. My favorite is the proximity bomb (cant remember the exact name). Sprint to the next pod, lay down the bomb, wait for the enemy to tty to control the pod and boom goes the bomb :D

The jetpack is really useful in the supply drop mode, gets you to the pods way quicker.

I reeeaaaally want to see what Endor looks like.

And ive had no problems finding games on PS4.

Oh, and i prefer 3rd person over 1st. You just have a better awareness of the environment in 3rd person.

Yeah this went from a game i wasnt going to buy to a game which im probably going to buy.

Machina

Banned
Wow I can't wait to mow down Stormtroopers for 4 days. I don't think it will get old quickly for me but maybe I'm wrong. So many of us dying to play and you're bored already :/

Please note I have played zero games of drop pod or walker assault so the disappointment of that is definitely clouding my judgement a tad, and Normal difficulty once you get your head around the feel of the game is pretty easy. Regular Stormtroopers drop with 1 or 2 good hits.

MADGAME

Please note I have played zero games of drop pod or walker assault so the disappointment of that is definitely clouding my judgement a tad, and Normal difficulty once you get your head around the feel of the game is pretty easy. Regular Stormtroopers drop with 1 or 2 good hits.

How challenging are waves 5 and 6 solo?

Edit: To people with early access, let's get some HQ .png's please! How about a close up of an AT-ST? Maybe a cluster of Stormtroopers being ragdolled by your thermal detonator? Possible to jetpack to the top of an AT-ST? Get creative with it!

Machina

Banned
Also a fun little note about Tatooine: There are Sand People sitting on top of a background canyon that will take potshots at you if you stand still for too long.

I hope this means there are Ewoks that can drop out of Trees on Endor.

How challenging are waves 5 and 6 solo?

If you're lacking equipment to take them down effectively, the AT STs are reasonably challenging solo. Your health can get real low really quickly if you're asleep at the wheel. Taking them on directly in the open with no cover is suicide. Sniper Stormtroopers seem to have some pretty smart A.I. They find a good elevated place to fire on you from a distance, as they should. There are environmental hazards such as the above that you have to be aware of, but on Normal difficulty I did see situations where Stormtroopers were mowed down in a congo line.

I give up, ill wait for Thursday. This is way too aggravating, waiting for a tweet then rushing as if this is something special.

Machina

Banned
Any word on customization of your characters? Armor, camo, different species?

You can edit your characters look but it's locked in the beta, and there are also 4 unlockable weapons but there is definitely more in the final game. Alien races are confirmed, at least for the Rebels.

Top Bottom