• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Last Guardian trailer (Gamestop Expo)

orochi91

v5l5jw.gif
I'm gonna look away from the TV when Trico dies

T_T

manfestival

it looks like a ps3 game still... shame that all this time and talent and through their struggles I can see this game having fps drops and other technical difficulties

vivekTO

I am pointing out two things.

1. The game just got pulled off the shelf, meaning game needs lot more work still, I'd hope they would improve the look of the game which cant be too hard to do. but speaks how far they actually gotten with the game development, if was in development longer for ps4 the graphics would of been already improved drastically.

2. The game was unshelved because of our voices (money), however how they will treat this game is what concerns me strangely, who is working on the game, who is directing it now if not the original developers. Are they going to just rush it out or release it ignoring the reasons they shelved it in the first place? (if the reason was a good one.)

Is the game going to be better for what happened or is it going to be crippled, we will have to see. I do not have a ps4 so I'd love to see them keep their promise and release it for ps3 haha *Sob*

l

The 'LOOK' will not change even it will be pushed back for PS5, and yes they can work something to improve the IQ.

and what is your second point, Ueda is the director!

A-V-B

it looks like a ps3 game still... shame that all this time and talent and through their struggles I can see this game having fps drops and other technical difficulties

The FPS drops in the trailer did surprise me. A lot. I hope that's part of what they've delayed the game for, and that they're not just shifting that off to the PS4Pro to pick up the work.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

PS3 never ran this in any shape or form close to realtime 30 FPS. It looks like a Team ICO game... and quite frankly it looks and animated great for me :).

Kuni

Performance and wonky controls sound great to me! Shadow had the very same. I'm super intrigued to see if the comments about Trico's AI being really deep are indeed true.

wapplew

The boy's movement looks a bit dodgy. Hopefully it will feel more natural when you play it.

I don't want them to change a thing, not even try to modernize the control.
Some people complain about the control of Ico, SoTC, to me, those are the charm of team Ico titles.
Reduce points from review whatever, I don't care, keep those clumsiness.

I feel like a lot of reviewers won't get this game because of Trico's unresponsive commands. Seems like a deliberate limitation to make you believe he's an animal instead of a robotic NPC. We'll see how it's executed soon I suppose.

jmaine_ph

I feel like a lot of reviewers won't get this game because of Trico's unresponsive commands. Seems like a deliberate limitation to make you believe he's an animal instead of a robotic NPC. We'll see how it's executed soon I suppose.
Yea listening to the previews I'm getting that feel too. I like that idea that he's not just a creature that will do anything you say. You have to build that trust and relationship.

I'd say it's just a game that doesn't preview well. Ueda has said from the start that this is about building a relationship between the boy and Trico. You aren't going to be able to do that in a 45m demo. Part of that relationship is in having Trico trust the boy more so that it will be more likely to do what you want him to do.

But that's also why it'll inevitably be a lot more divisive than ICO or SotC. In those games everything is ultimately under your control. You can make Agro go wherever you want and you can grab Yorda's hand and drag her into any direction you want. But with TLG your progress is in the "hands" of AI. That's why it's also one of the riskiest games made in recent years. How many developers would really be willing to latch the entire success of their game onto a single AI? Because that's what Ueda's doing. The game will live and die on Trico's AI working realistically and you feeling attached to it.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Yea listening to the previews I'm getting that feel too. I like that idea that he's not just a creature that will do anything you say. You have to build that trust and relationship.

I hope that the number of gamers who are not just looking to be passively entertained and are willing to learn the game mechanics and giving them time to evolve will be high enough. Quite excited for this game.

Rozart

And ya'll thought No Man's Sky was gonna be the most divisive PS4 exclusive this year

Comparing TLG to the wreck that was NMS. Please.

Fans of Team Ico's and Ueda's works know what they're getting into. Hello Games on the other hand, just kept drumming up the hype machine and promising things they weren't even sure would even make it into the final cut.

Oh god the Dog/Bird is going to die isn't it, I'm going to be so pissed when it happens D:

We know that there's more than one dogcatbird hanging around. Maybe the (possibly) evil one will bite the bullet instead and Trico will live ;-;

Apenheul

Fans of Team Ico's and Ueda's works know what they're getting into.
A colleague of mine who played the demo at TGS said it was disappointing compared to Ueda's previous works, I would assume they'd show off a better part further into the game at a game show.

Servbot24

Banned
Looking great to me. I don't really have a problem with the criticisms of the preview - controls and camera control are something you can adapt to in a game that's worth loving.

Loudninja

damn, gamekult ran into a ton of problems... some of them could be solved by a day one patch, but they basically call what they played "not fun", with slow character animations, unresponsive controls, trico not following what you ask (which might be a feature but is still annoying) etc.

http://www.gamekult.com/actu/tgs-preview-the-last-guardian-plus-dure-est-la-chute-A168601.html (in french)

they still keep hope the complete game will rise above it though
Eh thats part of the game we know this already.

The relationship builds up over the course of the game.

If it controls like Shadow of the Colossus, that's great news for me. As for Trico's responsiveness, part of the game is seeing your bond grow, and Trico will become more responsive as you go on, which will feel really rewarding.

G.O.O.

point is, the beginning (at least) seems frustrating enough. It might get better of course.

edit : actually french press seems giving negative impressions, while US outlets are more optimistic.

Loudninja

point is, the beginning (at least) seems frustrating enough. It might get better of course.

edit : actually french press seems giving negative impressions, while US outlets are more optimistic.
Its pretty much the whole point it behaves like a normal animal.

Top Bottom