• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 'The Last Of Us' previews, screens and video

meta4

Just skimmed through the non spoiler bits. Holy shit - When so many dev's are trying to go through the UC route for quick sales ND changes track again. Sounds brutal and bloody brilliant. The wait is agonizing. I am almost looking forward to TLOU as much as the PS4 and 720 announcements and reveal so that says something!

yeah that what grabbed Joel in the first trailer is not a clicker, it is very reminiscent of a human save for the mushroom face, I think what we've seen are runners, we have not seen clickers yet.....shit, this games gonna be brutal

So basically the non human enemies boil down to this:

RE4_Garrador_esc-600x368.png

expanded into a full sized game concept

I love it

YES! This post excites me greatly. Can't wait!

yeah that what grabbed Joel in the first trailer is not a clicker, it is very reminiscent of a human save for the mushroom face, I think what we've seen are runners, we have not seen clickers yet.....shit, this games gonna be brutal

maybe it was stage 2 and we havent seen stage 3 yet.

Tagg9

Ugh, I was gonna go to bed now but I'll wait up if it means new Last of Us videos.

Though I'm kind of debating whether to go on a media blackout yet...

meta4

Ugh, I was gonna go to bed now but I'll wait up if it means new Last of Us videos.

Though I'm kind of debating whether to go on a media blackout yet...

Do not watch man!! Trust me and hang in there. :) Experience it in all its glory on 7th

nib95

Banned
I get the feeling this game will be an emotional roller coaster. Fear being a bit part of the ride.

sappyday

I just wanna read some quick impressions. If I read that it meets up my expectations then I can peacefully finally go on a blackout.

And it feels, after the tightly controlled action of Drake's Deception, that Naughty Dog's finally learning to let go, and to allow its players a little more freedom. Allowing that, and allowing the same level of polish and spectacle that has made the studio one of the most revered and respected this generation, could well ensure that The Last of Us is its most ambitious game yet.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-04-the-last-of-us-preview

Footage and interview
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/zjsym4/the-last-of-us-enter-the-apocalypse

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions

sappyday

Aww shit in the IGN link you see
humans with red eyes

The preview probably explains why though, so I'm off to read it.

just got finished reading and watching, Sony has delivered another one Naughty Gods
cannot fucking wait to see these guys work on PS4

so those were clickers? I guess it's one bite

DatDude

Banned
Are the people at Naughty Dog just that more talented than the rest of the developers out there in the industry, or what?

Tagg9

Didn't realize there was such as strong survival horror element to the game. Looking sooo good.

/edit: Also, don't watch the last 30 seconds of the GT video. Geoff possibly spoils something major
even though he is just guessing

sappyday

Alright got to the part of the
Listen Mode
not sure if I like it. So far it sounds like it's just
used in order to sneak past much easier for those who can't
. Hopefully you can disable it if isn't a big part of the gameplay mechanics or I'll just never use it unless they design it where you must use it.

I'm getting an incredibly strong "RE4 of this generation" vibe from this game. Not necessarily the gameplay, but the quality and impact it might have on the industry.

So much hype.

Jarmel

Banned
One thing I want to know is whether Ellie can be spotted separate from you and can she be killed resulting in automatic Game Over.

"@Dtoid: Hands-on: The Last of Us scared me sh*tless http://t.co/f9IrWRm4"

Hopefully they
adjust the Listen Mode, or at least toggle it so it's something you can turn on after dying several times as opposed to a default feature

Just saw the end of that IGN interview
good to see a death scene, staple of any survival-horror game, lol
. Can't wait!

One thing I want to know is whether Ellie can be spotted separate from you and can she be killed resulting in automatic Game Over.

My guess is there is 0% chance that's a possibility. Do you want it to be?

Stark

Banned
Damn the weapon hits are brutal. Dat sound direction. Makes something simple seem really satisfying.

Jarmel

Banned
Hopefully they
adjust the Listen Mode, or at least toggle it so it's something you can turn on after dying several times as opposed to a default feature

Just saw the end of that IGN interview
good to see a death scene, staple of any survival-horror game, lol
. Can't wait!

Yea I'm not wild about the Listening Mode. It's pretty much a wallhack. I wonder if it exists in multiplayer in some form. That said, it might be disabled on the highest difficulty.

My guess is there is 0% chance that's a possibility. Do you want it to be?

Not sure actually. Her being spotted separately is more realistic but also more frustrating.

slider

Sounds fantastic but that is what I expected. Gonna read all the previews I think.

But I wish I could avoid spoilers. I can't though and my fat thumb highlights them every single time. :(

Top Bottom