• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 'The Last Of Us' previews, screens and video

Strike

This has a real chance at being the RE4 of this generation.
star-trek-nodding.gif

True survival horror is not dead yet, folks.

gibration

Wow, love the direction they're going with this game. I feel as if headphones are a must after reading and watching those previews.

sappyday

What I find really interesting is that Adam Sessler says he wouldn't describe this as survival horror but more of something along the lines as desperate horror because the gameplay is very fast.

meta4

I have not seen any footage yet but glad everyone is liking what they are seeing. Man I cant wait for GOW : A to release and play the demo.

Amazing how everything I read about this game makes me want it more....as opposed to the modern trend of making me want games less.

Surely the bad news has to hit at some stage right?

Replicant

Didn't realize there was such as strong survival horror element to the game. Looking sooo good.

That's always been the main selling point for me ever since its unveiling. I don't want another run and gun ala Uncharted.

ND people said that if they make a second one don't expect anyone from 1 to show up. Take that as you will.

I like that.
Whether anyone from this one survives or not, I'd like to follow the story of other survivors.

Squire

Banned
What I find really interesting is that Adam Sessler says he wouldn't describe this as survival horror but more of something along the lines as desperate horror because the gameplay is very fast.

Haven't looked at Adam's video yet, but it sounds like this is going to have a certain anxiety to it - you don't really gain the advantage as much you keep up. RE4 is very much like that for a good chunk of itself, especially if it's the first time you've played it. The intro to that game nearly gave me a heart attack.

I suggest reading the Dtoid impressions for a great description of how scary and heart attack-tense the game can be without
listening mode
. I really think they put it in there for people who aren't really good at playing on the fly or want easy mode since it seems gunplay is hard (which I love). I think I won't use it, and if I have to, hopefully they adjust to make it less of a life preserver.

Really, really hyped, and I can't wait to sit down and play with my surround sound setup :3

I don't know why, but I just don't like Joels odds at making it out of this game alive.

I'm a little worried about this game having an ending that's similar to
The Walking Dead
(not really a spoiler, just the name of a game...wasn't sure how to present this lol)

The game looks great though, haven't bought a PS3 game in forever so this will likely change that.

JJD

I like that.
Whether anyone from this one survives or not, I'd like to follow the story of other survivors.

Yeah I'd like then to explore the feeling of loss. Few games try to do it properly, death is almost always trivialized. I wouldn't be shocked if Joel bites the dust, but imagine if after playing the whole game caring for Ellie she gets killed? That would hurt. The last game that tried something like that was the Walking Dead. I think ND can do better.

Loudninja

Ha, I'm a total loser and hate it when there are scary elements in games; hopefully, it isn't too bad. I'll probably buy it anyway to please the Gods.

You ruined the Dead Space franchise. I hope you're proud of yourself

:p

Don't worry! I stayed away from those games from the get-go.

Trigger

I'm a little worried about this game having an ending that's similar to
The Walking Dead
(not really a spoiler, just the name of a game...wasn't sure how to present this lol)

The game looks great though, haven't bought a PS3 game in forever so this will likely change that.

I feel the same. ND should try to avoid the cliches with this one.

Replicant

Yikes at that gameplay. It looks like this will give me as much heart pounding + heart attacks as SIREN: New Translation did.

nib95

Banned
I foresee lots of "OMG this game is so cheap / poorly designed / too difficult" etc type posts, with respect to the one hit kills from the clickers lol.

Loudninja

I suggest reading the Dtoid impressions for a great description of how scary and heart attack-tense the game can be without
listening mode
. I really think they put it in there for people who aren't really good at playing on the fly or want easy mode since it seems gunplay is hard (which I love). I think I won't use it, and if I have to, hopefully they adjust to make it less of a life preserver.

Really, really hyped, and I can't wait to sit down and play with my surround sound setup :3
Sounds pretty limited to me reading the PSU preview
http://www.psu.com/a018183/Hands-on...he-past-present-and-future-of-survival-horror

Does not sound like it helps much at all lol.

Top Bottom