• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Order: 1886 trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slixshot

Banned
Wow now that was great.

Freaking arc gun zap that guys head off :0

fuckin DOPE. This was the type of trailer I think people have been waiting to see. It's more along the lines of the typical AAA release. That being said, we got ONE of these actionpacked "movie esque" cut trailers and that's ALL i want. I know practically nothing about the game now and it comes out in under a month! That hasn't happened in quite some time! :)

That being said, hopefully the game does ok... Because of the way they've marketed the game, many people are in a similar position of "wtf is the order" and I don't know if they'll buy into something like that.

Wow.

Combat looks great just for the weapon effects alone.

Arc gun electricity exiting out the person's head and blowing it off (with gore challenging that of Gears of War), combustion gun, blowing off the legs with shotgun, and being able to shoot grenades out of the hands of enemies.

Only knock I'd give it, and this was likely due to how the scenes were cut in the trailer, is that the dialogue was rather stereotypical of an action film/action-adventure game.

Can't wait to see The Order trailers start playing on networks.

I think ill support this game, so hopefully the sequel will bring on some proper Co-op. This looks like It can satisfied my gears itch, and the story/characters/weapons all seem very interesting. Someone make a Gif out of that grenade hand shot please!!

banagher

You sure? I thought they did for Uncharted 2,3 and TLOU. They didn't hand animate all of the faces did they?

Yep. Obviously the animator uses video footage for reference, but otherwise it's all done by hand. You can learn about their process in the Grounded documentary for TLOU.

Famassu

Kind of disappointed that, in the end, this is more about humans vs humans than the semi-horrorish humans vs. creatures thing that the original teaser trailer entailed.

Xando

The more they show the better it looks.

Gave the game a lot of shit after they had the same demo for 6 months but they turned it around with the new footage. If the reviews are good i'll buy it day one.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
No more jittery gameplay, smooth framerate, diverse shootouts, new weapons shown, more story revealed.

What the fuck has happened? RAD finally unleashed this bad boy. Can't believe how good it looks.

They finished the game is what happened. This project was clearly a big deal for the studio. A new AAA IP and they've never made a console game before. Wouldn't be surprised if things didn't really come together until the end.

vesvci

Banned
Great trailer. I'm officially on the hype train. It's going to be a long month of waiting (thankfully I have DC, PvZ and FH2 to keep me bus;).

Ricky_R

Btw, a great touch to be able to shoot explosives on their hands while in bullet time.

Also, was every slow motion in the trailer part of bullet time or was it added for cinematic effect. Hope you can use it with all guns and not only the automatic hand gun.

LastNac

More so than Uncharted, this game's success will determine the continuation of the "cinematic" genre. It seems like everything that I loved about Uncharted 3 in terms of presentation, interactivity, and(hopefully) character driven set pieces have found a place in The Order.

I'm rooting for The Order, not just for what it is but also for what it represents.

SerTapTap

Kind of disappointed that, in the end, this is more about humans vs humans than the semi-horrorish humans vs. creatures thing that the original teaser trailer entailed.

It seems like they;re making the half-breed fights into a big deal, which you can't really do if they're the primary opposition (in terms of raw numbers). As long as each half-breed fight really counts, unlike countless zombie fights in other games, I'll be happy I think.

While the human-vs-human part is probably larger than most thought at first, I'm thinking RAD is also deliberately keeping the lycan encounters closer to their chest as opposed to all the human conflict side.

GavinUK86

Someone needs to gif the exploding head and send it to Raptor. It'll make his day.

akebwx.gif

Holy shit. That... was something else. I am sold on the game, just like that. Either that's a very well edited trailer or the game really be rather good.

I once was lost, but now I'm found. Was blind, but now I see.

Or maybe they're intentionally misleading us into believing that. I think there's more of the horror genre in this game than RaD are letting on.

Great trailer, I was already buying it but with this trailer I really want to play it now. Just one more month to go!

No more jittery gameplay, smooth framerate, diverse shootouts, new weapons shown, more story revealed.

What the fuck has happened? RAD finally unleashed this bad boy. Can't believe how good it looks.

It's RAD, like I already said they haven't made a bad game yet and there's no reason that it will start know.

They finished the game is what happened. This project was clearly a big deal for the studio. A new AAA IP and they've never made a console game before. Wouldn't be surprised if things didn't really come together until the end.

Yeah, when the availability of new Order 1886 media really started to become really thin during the larger part of 2014 ( even stuff like weapon trailers reused old footage a lot), I suspected that the development of the game was at the stage where either it wasn't feasible to do so, or the team largely couldn't afford time to spend on 'out-of-final-build' polish.

Going gold should mean they can finally go big with what they want/can share. (limited to Sony marketing restrictions, of course)

Salz01

Man, that was awesome. I hope they don't show to much more. I want to go in fresh. I wonder if there is a central bad guy, or if they just fight waves of random bad guys / hybrids.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Or maybe they're intentionally misleading us into believing that. I think there's more of the horror genre in this game than RaD are letting on.

In a game that's a mix of action and horror, it's best to keep the horror elements quiet so they can have a huge punch in game. The action stuff is easier to market too.

Ok, I think i'm gonna pre-order this bad boy on psn, waiting for that 10% off...

Gunplay seems chunky and satisfying!!!

And Damn it looks so good!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom