• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Witcher 3 Gameplay

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
2015-01-2615_57_47-to3udli.png

I agree with that tweet.

DieH@rd

Banned
The trailer at the end of video 3 has much better visuals than anything shown here. But OK, that was to be expected.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
The voice acting is great. Has that Euro-jank feel to it telling us this is going to be a great ERPG.

That is right, I am coining the term "ERPG". European RPG. You know it will be hardcore.

Save us from the overproduced slick "pro" VO of AAA titles.

lol is overproduced synonymous with good now?

Grief.exe

I doubt that is the XBO version, standard industry practice is really PC demo with an Xbox/PS controller at this point. Gives smoother camera turning, better visuals, and dubious marketing.

Alasfree

I hope CDPR is planning to post the same footage in a better quality. This crappy youtube videos already look good though.

Alej

Banned
Pop-in is pretty brutal. Doesn't look like a PS4 game with all bells and whistles TBH. Some effects are pretty, though.

That said, the most important thing to say, it looks like a pretty fantastic game!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I think the main issue with the running and sprinting animation is when the camera is absolutely perfectly behind Geralt's body.

I think that's an odd perspective where quite a few games fall down.

The mega leaning when turning while running is the next-gen version of Gothic 1 :-D

MaLDo

"Our approach has totally changed from The Witcher 1 and The Witcher 2," Iwiński tells me. He says that with the earlier games, CD Projekt Red was targeting the super-hardcore, PC-only audience that exists in the studio's home country of Poland. Now, as the series and company has grown, it wants the audience to expand as well.

"With every single game, we're adding a lot more polish and making it a lot more welcoming to the general gamer," he says. "I think this is just the way games should be done. I really admire, for example, BioWare or Bethesda for introducing its games to gamers."

jett

D-Member
Looks like Witcher 2-level visuals set in an open world. Gameplay-wise the videos didn't show anything particularly revelatory.

Oh and another game with miniscule subtitles without any line breaks in the dialogue. Glorious.

Loris146

I doubt that is the XBO version, standard industry practice is really PC demo with an Xbox/PS controller at this point. Gives smoother camera turning, better visuals, and dubious marketing.

Yeah , agree. They always use the "best version" for press event , PR etc...

No way that's Xbox One. The framerate seems to be much higher than 30fps.

Can you kick the geese? Please. I need my goofy Fable fix since that series went down the shitter.

I love that they gave an animation for sliding down a cliff.
witcher_3_slide_cliff_large_by_digi_matrix-d8fhb3p.gif

Arttemis

I'm honestly impressed at how much it still looks/feels like the a Witcher game, despite the huge open (freaking gorgeous) vistas and even smoother combat.

Steez

Even though I still have some doubts over the open world nature of the game, this looks amazing to me. Cannot wait.

lol is overproduced synonymous with good now?

Eh, he has a point. I always preferred Witcher's voice work over, say, a Mass Effect. The latter has more professional actors, but Witcher feels more authentic and oozes atmosphere.

Seanspeed

Banned
Where did you see console versions?

The OP footage is PC.
There's Xbox controller button prompts, which is where I'm assuming people are thinking its XB1. Could just be a PC with an Xbox controller obviously, though. We don't know either way at the moment.

It still wouldn't look bad even for PC. I really don't fucking understand what impresses people anymore. Its no wonder publishers are spending ludicrous amounts of money on making these games, because people are so quick to shit on anything they deem 'not the best looking thing ever'.

I'm genuinely scared of what this game will do to my life.

Holy shit at the nitpicking in this thread lol. Do people only care about graphics anymore?
Having something of this scale and with this kind of depth combined with such fantastic visuals and such a rich art direction is like a dream come true, but all some people seem to care about is to go out of their way to find little details to complain about. It's sad.

Anyway, gameplay seems to be vastly improved on every level, traversal, combat, menus...
I really need to play it though to see how it feels compared to TW2.

jmga

There's Xbox controller button prompts, which is where I'm assuming people are thinking its XB1. Could just be a PC with an Xbox controller obviously, though. We don't know either way at the moment.

It still wouldn't look bad even for PC. I really don't fucking understand what impresses people anymore. Its no wonder publishers are spending ludicrous amounts of money on making these games, because people are so quick to shit on anything they deem 'not the best looking thing ever'.

This is impressive for PC.
2504542-3840569450-25044.gif

KainXVIII

Lol, GAF, are you blind? First link is pc version as it says
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 15 minutes of Amazing Gameplay - 1080p - PC Version

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Its a part of gaming culture I'd like to shoot into the sun.

Top Bottom