• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Witcher 3 Gameplay

Lucifon

The trailer at the end of that video, I swear things look nicer. Particle effects, the way the hear sways etc. Those aspects don't seem to be the same in the actual gameplay footage...

pestul

944x53122uur.jpg
Oh wow.. we really are going to get some solid comparisons soon aren't we?

RulkezX

Read 2 previews in the last 20 minutes that said the combat is still shit.

I couldn't care less about any potential downgrade of visuals, but not changing up the combat is a major downer.

Seanspeed

Banned
100% true. It does not help one bit with performance and to be fair SSDs don't make that much of an impact for gaming, it's a huuge upgrade for an OS though.
SSD can provide improvements to texture streaming and little things in certain cases.

Nzyme32

This seems like it would have been a good idea had anyone spent the time to set up the same scene in each version. At this time this picture tells us nothing.

The picture wouldn't tell you anything regardless. You're viewing a photo, of off screen footage, of three platforms showing different positions/scenes, and with the tvs in different directions. No one is telling shit from that other than the people who were actually there

dapoktan

I dont think the animation is all that bad.. I did notice however in the first video, as i was staring as Geralt's feet.. his legs and cloak have a weird super-imposed feel to it.. like he's running on a green screen and the back ground is added.. a light floating feel..

Anyone else see this?

Nzyme32

Looking great, but I'm a bit disappointed by the pop-in :/

Yeah, that might tweak that out as they go perhaps, no idea. I used to like that water / ocean scene in the original trailers, and the final version looks fairly meh by comparison. Still good, sure, but I would have liked that super crisp and fluid, dynamic moving water in the ocean

Ricker

Havent seen the interface yet...I hope they made this more user friendly this time around,only thing I dislike about the Witcher games....soooo bad.

Seanspeed

Banned
edit: also says Ultra wasn available yet.
I've suspected for a while that much of what we've been shown has not been with all the bells and whistles. I wouldn't be surprised if we got some POM and some DoF(for cutscenes at least) still in the final build, along with maybe some higher setting presets.

Kezen

Banned
Ahahah!

Surely you can see the folly of comparing Uncharted 4 to the Witcher 3? I mean, it should be pretty obvious that both are two games of completely different scale, right?

Right?

True enough but that does not make me change my mind. It should but it does not. I'm not an "animation ayatollah" but this sticks like a sore thumb. Everything looks great for a game of that scale but each time the characters move the game takes a hit visually.

According to gamestar the PC footage runs on high with a 980, a Intel Core i7-4790 and 8GB ram.
http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-w...el/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt,49062,3082308.html

Ultra settings are usually polished at the very end of the development cycle so it's not surprising. A 980 will not have an easy time maxing this game.

SSD can provide improvements to texture streaming and little things in certain cases.
That is true but in my experience that's very subtle. I don't notice much difference between one of my three SSD and my WD Black 7200RPM.

Thanks for this, some good details in those impressions. Love that swimming and tracking seems to be playing a role in missions. Interesting that the content isn't gated like Witcher 2 was with certain areas if you followed certain people but some things seem to change so much that you'd rather stick to that path than reload a previous save.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
i still have faith that the PC version maxed out will be this, please CDPRed.

That is he maxed out PC version in the OP...

Still, would like to see that exact area for a better comparison. But it seems the game was indeed downgraded.

Still looks fucking fantastic though.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Difference between the two consoles.

Google translate

In the duel console PlayStation 4, meanwhile, has clearly ahead of the graph. Although the textures are a bit more blurred than "high" PC details that falls within the normal TV-distance but hardly noticeable. In addition, the witcher adventure runs on the PS4 in 1080p - but only at 30 frames per second, which did not bother us.

On the Xbox One Geralt goes also with 30 fps on monster hunt, but only in 900p, the textures also seen slightly more washed out than on the PS4. However, polishes CD Projekt own words yet on the Xbox version, maybe you can still screw up to 1080p, but you would not promise anything. Stand now is the PS4 image the sharper and stronger color.

raven777

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/artikel/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt,49062,3082308.html

Im Konsolenduell hat derweil die PlayStation 4 eindeutig die Grafiknase vorn. Zwar sind die Texturen etwas unschärfer als bei »hohen« PC-Details, das fällt im normalen TV-Abstand aber kaum auf. Zudem läuft das Hexerabenteuer auf der PS4 in 1080p - allerdings nur mit 30 Frames pro Sekunde, was uns aber nicht stört.

I used google translate so I am not sure, but does it say PS4 version look better than Xbox One, and that PS4 version runs on 1080P/30fps? Anyone who speaks German?

According to gamestar the PC footage runs on high with a 980, a Intel Core i7-4790 and 8GB ram.
http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-w...el/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt,49062,3082308.html

This is interesting. Would explain why it doesn't look as good as the trailers and stuff which I guess they used a beast PC to record gameplay. Game probably isn't in a stable enough state for ultra right now.

Could be wrong of course!

Edit: Beaten into oblivion

Enosh

zero problems with any downgrades, not playing this for the graphics

everything just looks great, hope I'll have my new PC by then
edit: found a nitpick, healthbar is kinda too fat

Sakura

Pop-in is pretty disappointing. Other than that though I think it looks good. The geese were my favourite part. Curious to see how the console versions look/run.

With a dynamic lighting system and a huge open world, it's hard to be conclusive about downgrades, but I do find it a bit strange that the footage in the trailer at the end of the video looks better than all of the new gameplay. And I'm talking about the gameplay bits of the trailer, not the cutscenes, which naturally look better with DOF, unique animations and camera angles. Perhaps those bits were just cherry-picked for the trailer, and maybe had some colour grading or other post process work done to them. There's certainly a lot more motion blur in the trailer.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Seriously? Damn. Here I was reminding myself this was pc and not get my hopes up and wishing we'd get console footage so I could know more what to expect.

Video in the OP is from the PC version.

Nzyme32

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/artikel/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt,49062,3082308.html

I used google translate so I am not sure, but does it say PS4 version look better than Xbox One, and that PS4 version runs on 1080P/30fps? Anyone who speaks German?

PS4 version looks better than the Xbox One. Textures blurrier on PS4 compared to PC on high textures when viewed at TV viewing distance, but not significantly noticeable. 1080p but only 30fps on PS4, did not bother them playing at 30fps

Top Bottom