• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer and Info on GT Sports coming in May 19

While we wait, someone on GTplanet posted a recap of the conference that Kaz gave for GT4 at E3 2004

nurburgringszu89.png

nurburgring1k2usx.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGBYFqPPhRI

Double H

While we wait, someone on GTplanet posted a recap of the conference that Kaz gave for GT4 at E3 2004
Good times, I remember this slide driving everyone (GTPlanet) crazy…

gt414.jpg

More photos of the presentation in Japanese still up on GAME Watch.

G7akmOh.jpg

I've got the full video of the presentation this slide came from. (I even made that image, complete with shopped motion blur on Kaz's arm :p). TGS 2006 was nearly a whole decade ago, damn.

EGM1966

Got a feeling this is going to see GT spike right back up to big sales after GT6 being a drip from previous highs.

Maybe not up there with the biggest GT titles but with PS4 still going strong and core titles selling well this has got to have strong chance of putting the franchise back onto an upward trajectory again.

better be getting rid of PS2 classic car models and focusing on a smaller roster of premium only

dont need 700+ cars when most look awful

its 2016, lets use that PS4 hardware

This is GT Sport. There isn't going to be 700 cards. There probably won't even be 50. It will be all premium model cars, mostly racing cars I'd imagine.

I remember reading they laserscanned the ring back in 2002 or something, was that ever confirmed? Can't get that accuracy with only gps and blueprints, methinks.

I believe so. Kaz goes through their track modeling process here

https://youtu.be/QESGXTFFZXM?t=1241

After that part one of their landscape designers talks about how she's even modeled the inside of the Colosseum in the Rome stage even though you never get to see it. She said they do that because they don't know how the series is going to evolve, so they make sure to have all their bases covered just in case.

I remember reading they laserscanned the ring back in 2002 or something, was that ever confirmed? Can't get that accuracy with only gps and blueprints, methinks.

Well, the Nurburgring got an overhaul last winter. For example, the part of the track where GT Academy winner Mardenborough had the crash with his Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 which got one spectator killed was mitigated (they flattened the hilltop) to prevent this from happening again... The layout itself of course is still the same.

hahne2015-013-3865616414799732217.jpg

Mush

Well, the Nurburgring got an overhaul last winter. For example, the part of the track where GT Academy winner Mardenborough had the crash with his Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 which got one spectator killed was mitigated (they flattened the hilltop) to prevent this from happening again... The layout itself of course is still the same.

hahne2015-013-3865616414799732217.jpg
Oh my goodness, I heard about the accident but I have never seen footy until now.

Very reminiscent of the crashes at the 1999 Le Mans 24hrs.

I just need to know if it has VR support, that's the main thing for me right now.

No doubt it'll look & play great (and sound awful), because in my opinion the old ones still hold up in that respect.

Mascot

No doubt it'll look & play great (and sound awful), because in my opinion the old ones still hold up in that respect.

I get the impression the audio will be scrutinised even more than the visuals in GTS.

I'm curious - just when did the complaints start in earnest about GT's terrible engine sounds?

Apex

I'm curious - just when did the complaints start in earnest about GT's terrible engine sounds?
It was not a big deal until the start of the PS3 generation. The sound and standard cars were the worst offenders because the game evolved too much in other segments and many popular long time GT weak points were already fixed.

They were very aware of the critics and some impressive improvements were found later in a few selected cars, probably testing waters for future games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IMw-BbLfZY

farisr

Got a feeling this is going to see GT spike right back up to big sales after GT6 being a drip from previous highs.

Maybe not up there with the biggest GT titles but with PS4 still going strong and core titles selling well this has got to have strong chance of putting the franchise back onto an upward trajectory again.
Yeah, unless they manage to royally mess up the game somehow, they're pretty much guaranteed to do better than GT6.

The sounds have improved dramatically
lol I have never even played a GT game before

Man, I wanted to link to that GT or vacuum cleaner sound quiz video on youtube. I can't FIND IT!!! -.-

Anyway, you get the idea how bad GT continues to sound up to this date. I assume(/super hope!) they'll beat at least Forza and Assetto Corsa (at the very least before v1.5) with GT Sport sounds.

I also want new tyre sound effects, also MORE of those for more accurate feedback on what the car is doing. Tyre sounds are so under-appreciated.

Do you guys want the old menu-sounds to return? I'm torn.

terrible

Banned
I get the impression the audio will be scrutinised even more than the visuals in GTS.

I personally first noticed the complaints while Forza was gaining popularity. The Forza games had dramatically better sound to the point where it was impossible not to notice how shit GT sounded by comparison.

jett

D-Member
Best GT songs

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-week-listen-to-gtplanets-5-favourite-gran-turismo-songs/

I feel there's way too big of a focus on licensed tracks. Something like Slow on the Uptake should definitely be there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-FBoaWmNSQ

These people really like Feeder. Whoever they are.

The original japanese GT soundtracks are the best. I really give zero fucks about the licensed music, aside from My Favorite Game.

edit: seriously that list they got up there is mostly awful jesus, and how is MOTC not number one.

Top Bottom