• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer and Info on GT Sports coming in May 19

DevilFox

So.. let's get ready.

0515_v8uoy.gif

I want detailed info and a damn good trailer. Please deliver, Yamauchi!

JamboGT

I got tickets but can't get the time off work unfortunately, looking forward to seeing the footage on Thursday night!

The official website updated with a few additional details

On May 19th and 20th, East London’s Copper Box Arena, near the Olympic Park, will play host to the Gran Turismo Sport unveiling event where the first-ever, hands-on play experience of Gran Turismo Sport will occur.

On May 20 (Public Day), we will allow a select group of fans attend the event where we plan to have a creative discussion session with our fans at the event with Gran Turismo Producer Kazunori Yamauchi and his development team. There will also be other race cars on display, and a physical driving experience outside the venue.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4831615.html

Yiazmat

Still can't believe we're actually gonna get gameplay in 5 days. I wanna see someone testing the collision physics.

Hope there's a final car and track list.

I'd be shocked if they revealed either this early on. In the case of the cars, they probably can't given that there are a lot of car shows planned throughout the year and they likely have some cars modeled that haven't been unveiled. They didn't reveal GT6's full track and car list until a month before release.

I really hope that Willow Springs returns in GTS. It really wasn't on my radar as far as most wanted tracks go before GT6, but I ended up falling in love with it. It's not only a really fun track to drive on, but it's also one of the prettiest tracks in the franchise.

Mascot

I've got a feeling GT Sport isn't going to look that much better than GT5/6 in side-by-side comparisons, but it will be a rock-solid 1080p/60.

I've got a feeling GT Sport isn't going to look that much better than GT5/6 in side-by-side comparisons, but it will be a rock-solid 1080p/60.

They would've had to downgrade it from the last time we saw it for that to be the case

GT6
d2ub7ubecub6.jpg

GTS
8dak9x9yuy3.png

GT6
nrburgringnordschleifrvkpt.jpg

GTS
gtr_nyias_2016.mp4_sna3jdi.png

Gif of a GT6/S comparison
njZKduF.gif

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I wonder if they will show the same demo on-stage at E3, but have it played with PSVR on a PS4K unit to really drive home the added benefit of owning both upgrades.

Niks

So is this its own game or is it gt7 prologue? Im still confused.

I think this will be a bigger version of a the Nissan academy, fully focused on the competition side of things. I think PD and Sony are going the push the E-sport aspect with GT sport... Whats more I think we are not going to get alot of cars, 30-50 tops with FIA sanctioned tracks.

We'll see soon enough.

Servbot24

Banned
Honestly I'd rather get crazy graphics T 30fps. GT along with whatever Naughty Dog makes are the series I look to to really blow minds.

terrible

Banned
better be getting rid of PS2 classic car models and focusing on a smaller roster of premium only

dont need 700+ cars when most look awful

its 2016, lets use that PS4 hardware

Keep them but give players the option to hide them if they want. Not sure why we should be pushing for less content even if they look and sound pretty bad. Options are good.

Metfanant

Keep them but give players the option to hide them if they want. Not sure why we should be pushing for less content even if they look and sound pretty bad. Options are good.

Assets from a PS2 game had no business being included in the PS3 games...Kaz should be fired on the spot if the PS4 version includes standard cars...

terrible

Banned
Assets from a PS2 game had no business being included in the PS3 games...Kaz should be fired on the spot if the PS4 version includes standard cars...

Why? Give people an option to disable them from showing up and to those that hate them it'll be like they don't even exist. Those that like using them can then still use them if they want.

The idea that they should not be in the game at all is odd to me. Why do you not want anyone to be able to play with them?

Why? Give people an option to disable them from showing up and to those that hate them it'll be like they don't even exist. Those that like using them can then still use them if they want.

The idea that they should not be in the game at all is odd to me. Why do you not want anyone to be able to play with them?

I understand the "you don't have to use the 'standard' cars"-logic, but in GT6 it wasn't obvious from the dealership screen which cars were premium and which were not. Okay, but let's assume you'd do a better shop at indicating and filtering the premium cars, then I'd still be against the idea of including non-premium cars for multiple reasons:
- it might be a factor in the thought of ditching old suspension physics and information detail in favor of an improved system, because then the old might feel weird compared to the new ones or you'd have manually rework the suspension configuration files of all the old models and test those as well (the same goes for aero data, which is probably a lot more detailed now than it was back in the PS2 era)
- reviewers didn't like the inclusion of non-premium cars and even though GT has a big name, this is not GT7, it's GT Sport, good review scores might lure sceptical gamers that were waiting for a GT7 in to buying GTS.
- I'm not sure how PD's licensing deals work, but they'd probably have to renew a ton of licenses for the old models

Personally, whatever, I'd use the standard cars as well, if they get a procedural sound overhaul, but if I had to make the call - include standard models or not - they'd be out. Instead I'd do DLC car packs with 3 free cars, 5 paid cars every month. The free cars could be voted from a catalog of GT5/6 cars to bring back.

Niks

I get where you are coming from, and yes options are good, but its like asking Naughty Dog to include the original character models from UC1 to play with in UC4.
They would look out of place in the world ND created for PS4 imo.
(yes I know its an apples to oranges comparison but you get my point)
Besides at this point Polyphony must have 500+ premium cars. More than enough.

I think the job listings PD's posted in the past indicate some features that we could see in GTS

Polyphony wants to improve the situational awareness of AI drivers, and their reactions to the ever-changing conditions of the tracks, giving there a more human-like behavior.

Implementing specific regulations for racing series like GT, rally and NASCAR is mentioned, also for events and “mission races.”

Polyphony plans to implement a tool to render audio based on 3D space infomation.

The use of GPU compute for physics is mentioned.

The bit about rules specific to different types of racing would definitely fit in with a more racing oriented GT.

terrible

Banned
I get where you are coming from, and yes options are good, but its like asking Naughty Dog to include the original character models from UC1 to play with in UC4. (yes I know its an apples to oranges comparison
They would look out of place in the world ND created for PS4 imo.
(yes I know its an apples to oranges comparison but you get my point)
Besides at this point Polyphony must have 500+ premium cars. More than enough.

A closer example would be like including all the maps from previous Battlefield games with their original textures and geometry in Battlefield 1 when it comes out. They'd be ugly as hell but if something like that was announced a lot of people would love it.

They could even have all the cars disabled by default and you have to go into some "extras" menu to enable legacy cars or something. There are many ways for it to work without lowering the overall game quality for people that don't want to see non premium cars in their races.

If they can't fit on the disc or require a lot of work to port over then it definitely would make sense not to bother but assuming it's easy to get them into the game I'd definitely welcome it.

They would look out of place in the world ND created for PS4 imo. Besides at this point Polyphony must have 500+ premium cars. More than enough.

A lot of premium cars are also not up to snuff and would need some reworking. ~150 cars would be totally fine by me, if they have the cockpit detail of Forza or Driveclub. About the comparison... many people wish to play games with a model that seems out of place in the game world, look at MGSV where you can unlock an original Solid Snake costume, in Star Fox Zero you get to fly the original SNES Arwing and there are a ton more examples.

They could even have all the cars disabled by default and you have to go into some "extras" menu to enable legacy cars or something. [...] assuming it's easy to get them into the game I'd definitely welcome it.
If it's an easter egg or special reward or so, I'd be SO for it, but the sheer amount of those cars would ask for too much licensing money and work.

Thinking about it, many car companies might not like the idea of having their cars represented "uglier" than some other cars from the same era. I've heard some really picky stories from Ferrari, Bentley and McLaren who rejected car-models on minor details that had to be redone before the cars could go into a game

Metfanant

because it is an absolute joke, and Polyphony should be held to a higher standard (literally) than that...period...

Lima

Because I don't want to see these bitch ass struggle cars when I'm racing online. I may be able to hide them from showing up in my own game but that doesn't stop anyone from using them online.

benzy

Care to post some examples?

Pretty much all premiums will at least require complete re-texturing with physically based properties. There were only a handful of cars (mostly new additions in GT6) that supported very high poly tessellated models too.

Mush

Pretty much all premiums will at least require complete re-texturing with physically based properties. There were only a handful of cars (mostly new additions in GT6) that supported very high poly tessellated models too.
Oh obviously that will need to happen, but I was just curious if there are any bad eggs that need to be completely redone.

I think I've succumbed to the hype now. Once you start lurking GTP, there's no going back.

benzy

Oh obviously that will need to happen, but I was just curious if there are any bad eggs that need to be completely redone.

I think I've succumbed to the hype now. Once you start lurking GTP, there's no going back.

Oh, in that case I'm not aware of any premium model that actually looks bad. PD is pretty consistent with their high quality modeling.

Djie

Neo Member
Hope there's a final car and track list.

Cool, seems you're the only one able to go. lol

Interested in hearing impressions if you manage to get to play it.

See there is a session with the developement team (although my contact didn't confirmed it yet) so will take Gaf questions and report back if I am able to actually get in a conversation with the devs.

Let me know!

bombshell

See there is a session with the developement team (although my contact didn't confirmed it yet) so will take Gaf questions and report back if I am able to actually get in a conversation with the devs.

Let me know!

Ask about Logitech wheel support, please. Also details about sound improvement, AI improvement and overall career structure improvement would be appreciated.

benzy

I feel like AI and sounds will pretty much be addressed in the presentation, if not I'm sure many media outlets will ask about those.

Let me know!

Awesome, thanks man.

1. What does Kaz think of Isle of Man TT and is it possible for it to be in a future Gran Turismo?
2. Will the Ayrton Senna partnership continue in GT Sport with new race events and car additions like the Mclaren MP4/4?

Luq

There are some whispers that PSVR will be fully supported... ;)

And same as someone higher said - if GAF got any questions, I'll be seeing devs on 19th as well, so feel free to write them down.

Top Bottom