• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer and Info on GT Sports coming in May 19

DavidDesu

There are some whispers that PSVR will be fully supported... ;)

And same as someone higher said - if GAF got any questions, I'll be seeing devs on 19th as well, so feel free to write them down.

I'd hope so. If there's one absolute standout title that could launch with PSVR and really help to make it a huge launch for VR then Gran Turismo is it. Hopefully the entire game from the front end on can be played completely in VR. Imagine a VR garage, walk around and inspect your cars from whatever angle you like.

EDIT: I really hope and I do expect that we'll get to see it being played in VR at this event!

Yiazmat

I'm dying to see the new weather system and rally tracks but I doubt they'll show it now. The demo will probably be brands hatch at midday and without a single cloud in the sky.

Mush

Not necessarily GTS related, but GTplanet is doing a GT week leading up to the unveiling. The first in the series is "All-Time Favorite Gran Turismo Videos"

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-week-gtplanets-all-time-favourite-gran-turismo-videos/

I'm not surprised by what's #1. I think most GT fans have a soft spot for it.
GT1 intro will always be number uno for me. I have fond memories of borrowing my neighbour's PS1 for days at a time while their son (who actually owned it) was away at university, purchasing my Fiji Blue GTO and grinding single races for meager rewards before discovering this hidden mode called the "Sunday Cup" until my parents had had enough and returned it next door.

Niks

I'm dying to see the new weather system and rally tracks but I doubt they'll show it now. The demo will probably be brands hatch at midday and without a single cloud in the sky.

GTS will be playable at the Nurburgring 24h race, so is very likely the Nurburgring is going to be the featured track.

DavidDesu

GT1 intro will always be number uno for me. I have fond memories of borrowing my neighbour's PS1 for days at a time while their son (who actually owned it) was away at university, purchasing my Fiji Blue GTO and grinding single races for meager rewards before discovering this hidden mode called the "Sunday Cup" until my parents had had enough and returned it next door.

That sample of Manic Street Preachers "Everything Must Go" still gives me chills to this day. That was my introduction to PlayStation. Incredible.

jett

D-Member
Not necessarily GTS related, but GTplanet is doing a GT week leading up to the unveiling. The first in the series is "All-Time Favorite Gran Turismo Videos"

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-week-gtplanets-all-time-favourite-gran-turismo-videos/

That article is obviously ruled by nostalgia. :p Every GT5 trailer is better than anything that came before it in every single way.

My personal favorite is the 458 Italia video. That's just gorgeously edited.

GT4J is the best in my opinion. It was amazing!
I really loved GT5 - E3 2010 trailer and GT6 - VGT trailer too. great videos and music.
Where is my Nike Two? :(
eecovvsh1l7kjb9d5zq1.jpg

JamboGT

I could happily sit and watch PD videos all day.

I struggle to choose betwwen GT1 and GT3's PAL intros personally as an outright favourite though.

Double H

See there is a session with the developement team (although my contact didn't confirmed it yet) so will take Gaf questions and report back if I am able to actually get in a conversation with the devs.

Let me know!
Long ass question: could you ask about the possibility of an FIA approved open wheel series but for esports/GT. Think of it as an F1 equivalent that avoids licensing.

Oh and if we’re doing an official thread, I'm available for some graphics:

pDNOn8C.png

Servbot24

Banned
I'd hope so. If there's one absolute standout title that could launch with PSVR and really help to make it a huge launch for VR then Gran Turismo is it. Hopefully the entire game from the front end on can be played completely in VR. Imagine a VR garage, walk around and inspect your cars from whatever angle you like.

EDIT: I really hope and I do expect that we'll get to see it being played in VR at this event!

I feel like GT could be a legit system seller for VR. VR + wheel? Man.

raven777

Long ass question: could you ask about the possibility of an FIA approved open wheel series but for esports/GT. Think of it as an F1 equivalent that avoids licensing.

Oh and if we’re doing an official thread, I'm available for some graphics:

pDNOn8C.png

I really love the gold font + colorful character for the promotion art they are doing. Looks very stylish and bit different from last few GT games.

I feel like GT could be a legit system seller for VR. VR + wheel? Man.

I wonder how often I'd grab for the car's shifter and being 2 feet off my real shifter... also how many drift-guys will let loose of the wheel to grab it half a second later in the self-aligning swing and then break their thumbs on the T-formed wheel struts that are in a different position in the real world than in VR.

labaronx

Not a racing game fan but im eager to see what PD can do...

Havent they been working on vr headtracking and 4k since the gt5 on ps3

Pachimari

I can't wait for this. Super excited, and it's good to start opening up about the game now that Evolution had to abandon DriveClub.

I got a question though. Is it possible to use other gear shifter, like say from Thrustmaster, together with the Logitech G29? I assume no, but if not on PS4, then what about on PC?

farisr

Man looking back at the GT5 and GT6 trailers again, I just don't see GT Sport looking to have much of an impact visuals wise (even though actual gameplay visuals wise it will probably look noticeably better) unless PD still goes for "bullshot" videos like they did for those 2 games.

Expecting a lot of troll posts and "that's it?" when footage finally comes out.

jett

D-Member
Man looking back at the GT5 and GT6 trailers again, I just don't see GT Sport looking to have much of an impact visuals wise (even though actual gameplay visuals wise it will probably look noticeably better) unless PD still goes for "bullshot" videos like they did for those 2 games.

Expecting a lot of troll posts and "that's it?" when footage finally comes out.

Well PD has no one to blame but themselves for that. Their PS3 trailers have never been representative of in-game quality.

They're going to be streaming GT Academy players competing in a tournament.

Is this going to be their first time playing GT Sports?

Is this going to be their first time playing GT Sports?

Well, as of now they haven't played it. But it's technically supposed to be a three day event (starts on the 18th, although only the 19th and 20th have been advertised), so they may get to try it out on the 18th.

farisr

Well PD has no one to blame but themselves for that. Their PS3 trailers have never been representative of in-game quality.
I agree, but still kinda torn. On the one hand I wish they hadn't done that last gen and made something more representative. On the other, the epicness of those trailers would've been reduced.

Like I know Deus Ex Human Revolution doesn't even come close (or have any of those CG scenes) from the first couple of trailers, but those were so awesome though that it would've been a shame if they never existed in the first place.

Anyways, I do still think now's a good time to stop doing that though, and start having something more representative of the actual game. In-game graphics have come a long way, and look terrific now for the most part. So even though it may not be much of a jump over last gen's trailers, it'll still be decent and can be just as epic now, and we'll start seeing jumps similar to the ones that we were used to before, for future installments.

benzy

We'll either be underwhelmed or our faces will completely melt.

giphy.gif

Well, as of now they haven't played it. But it's technically supposed to be a three day event (starts on the 18th, although only the 19th and 20th have been advertised), so they may get to try it out on the 18th.

I thought I read 18th before too but what's supposed to happen on the 18th? The blog posts only says new trailer and unveil begins on the 19th.

I thought I read 18th before too but what's supposed to happen on the 18th? The blog posts only says new trailer and unveil begins on the 19th.

The emails that GT Academy members said that it's an event that runs from the 18-20th. But we have no idea what's happening on the 18th since the 19th and 20th are the only days that have been detailed publicly. But someone on GTplanet mentioned that car magazines/websites and journalists have known about the event for quite a while. So it could have something to do with them as well.

benzy

The emails that GT Academy members said that it's an event that runs from the 18-20th. But we have no idea what's happening on the 18th since the 19th and 20th are the only days that have been detailed publicly. But someone on GTplanet mentioned that car magazines/websites and journalists have known about the event for quite a while. So it could have something to do with them as well.

Ah yeah, that's where it was. Hopefully some info leaks tomorrow.

Woodchipper

better be getting rid of PS2 classic car models and focusing on a smaller roster of premium only

dont need 700+ cars when most look awful

its 2016, lets use that PS4 hardware
Could not have said it better myself. They must shift focus from quantity to quality.

DavidDesu

I wonder how often I'd grab for the car's shifter and being 2 feet off my real shifter... also how many drift-guys will let loose of the wheel to grab it half a second later in the self-aligning swing and then break their thumbs on the T-formed wheel struts that are in a different position in the real world than in VR.

They really should have an option for this that puts the real life wheel you're using into the game in place of the in game steering wheel, to alleviate such issues and allow you to easily find buttons on it. Would massively ramp up the immersion factor seeing the real scale version of your racing wheel in the game.

farisr

GT6 had around 450 premium cars, correct? I would love it if GTS had around 600 with more emphasis on modern cars.
I would love that too, but totally don't expect it. With that "super premium" comment and basically confirming not all premiums from gt6 will be making it into this game, I'm expecting 150 cars at most.

I'm expecting this to be basically a combination of GT Academy, and a more featured Prologue.

I think PD is very confident about GTS quality. if they weren't, they could wait for E3 and show us a trailer and demo between lots of other games. but they are preparing a big event for GTS and I think (and hope) we will be happy with it!

I think PD is very confident about GTS quality. if they weren't, they could wait for E3 and show us a trailer and demo between lots of other games. but they are preparing a big event for GTS and I think (and hope) we will be happy with it!

Not only that, but they're letting fans play it immediately as well as doing a Q&A with them afterwards. That's extremely rare for any company to do.

Wait we getting a 1 hour conference about GTS. I thought it was a just a trailer :eek:

That 458 trailer was a thing of beauty. It hasn't been topped.

I really love the gold font + colorful character for the promotion art they are doing. Looks very stylish and bit different from last few GT games.

Yeah the driver art and gold font look so classy. Expected from PD though.

So anyone have an concrete info on what GTS is though?

The European PS boss said it’s more than a Prologue, but he would imagine GT7 is coming as well.

Kaz said it’s a new beginning, and a bunch of new stuff with professional racing, and VR, it’s a building platform etc...so it’s not a numbered series.

Are we expecting this to have the amount of content as a traditional numbered entry or is this a beefier Prologue?

Another typo, live steaming :p

Press conference is live streamed too, right?

lol that typo. Doesn't sound like it will be streamed going from that, but I guess the gameplay should be peppered with info and more interesting than watching Kaz and Tak standing ata a podium and announcing features that might appear some years later.

farisr

The stream(s?) better be archived, and hopefully some high quality trailer/gameplay footage is out by the time I come back from my doctor's appointment.

EGOMON

So anyone have an concrete info on what GTS is though?

The European PS boss said it’s more than a Prologue, but he would imagine GT7 is coming as well.

Kaz said it’s a new beginning, and a bunch of new stuff with professional racing, and VR, it’s a building platform etc...so it’s not a numbered series.

Are we expecting this to have the amount of content as a traditional numbered entry or is this a beefier Prologue?

Personally i think it is just a spin-off PD wanted to try something else so went with Motorsport-focused Gran Turismo game and if they find success it will act as a platform for future expansions (hence not numbered). A main GT game (GT7) is coming too but later since its a safe bet for PD if GTS model didn't work.

Top Bottom