• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Valkyria (Media Vision, RPG [not SRPG], new world) and VC1 Remaster for PS4 (JP)

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Wasn't entirely satisfied with the first game when I gave it a whirl, but there's no denying it's a solid effort and it has its fans. And I'm super-happy for those fans today. Y'all have wanted this for a very long time. 'Grats!

blue revolution looks like a prequel or something. everyone's got clothes that don't seem to belong to a historical time period, so it might be a time when valkyria were all over the place valkyriaing it up.

Considering that it has a different title altogether ("Blue Revolution" as opposed to "Battlefield"), I feel like this would be set in an entirely different world. It probably would be more fantastical rather than military.

Hylian7

I was right, it was a new game! Yes!

Sadly I don't have a PS4 though and this is the only game that really interests me on it. :(

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
rfi8awP.gif

It's so nice to see an old friend who's survived this ever-changing industry ;_;_

zeopower6

"Real"?

And i'm sure it'll have a PC port guys, stop crying.

They aren't going to announce anything like that for Japan, use your heads.

Valkyria Chronicles coming back is a dream come true personally speaking.

I think it's a question of when, really... but I don't know if it'll be simultaneous. Are there many Japanese games that have launched on PS4 -and- PC at the same time aside from the few we have now like MGS and Tales of Zestiria?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So i never played VC should i be excited? Is it like Xcom? i cant read the link because im at work and its blocked but are they realsing a remake of the first game and a brand new game?

what about game 2 and 3?

2 and 3 are PSP games and not very good.

Valkyria Chronicles 1 on the other hand, is a great game IMO.

What did the Steam release add over the PS3 version?

I hope Blue is a similar game to VC but those tiny images do seem to tell a different story. Hopefully we'll get more details soon.

blue revolution looks like a prequel or something. everyone's got clothes that don't seem to belong to a historical time period, so it might be a time when valkyria were all over the place valkyriaing it up.

I dreamed of stuff like this ;_____;

Overpowered Alicia's everywhere.

Durante will have us covered on the RPG releases like usual, sometime late this year or early next year I bet.

Thanks

Atwa

Banned
Those pictures of the new one look nothing like Valkyria Chronicles, no military things at all. Simply looks like another fantasy JRPG. Damn

AniHawk

Considering that it has a different title altogether ("Blue Revolution" as opposed to "Battlefield"), I feel like this would be set in an entirely different world. It probably would be more fantastical rather than military.

eh.

well, i'm sure it'll be fine. i wasn't 100% sold on vc at first but the game was fantastic. i'm just hoping this is not their attempt to use the valkyria name to sell what has been the recent shining games but to a worldwide market.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hmmm... I wonder if Valkyria of the Blue Revolution is still tactical or from the looks of the uber tiny screens, action.

grimmiq

Loved 1 and enjoyed 2, which seems rare. 2 had a weaker cast/story, both were pretty broken. In 1 Snipers and Scouts seemed OP, in 2 all you needed to do was make Avan a Fencer and he could walk through an entire army 1 shotting everyone but tanks/bosses. But I enjoyed the extra interaction with the whole class, Valk 1 always felt like it was the main half dozen characters, then 20+ cardboard cutouts.

Played 1 on PS3, own it on Steam, buying day 1 on PS4.

AniHawk

I dreamed of stuff like this ;_____;

Overpowered Alicia's everywhere.

on paper it sounds super boring. i trust the team though. i think they can make it work.

it'd be better if this was secretly skies of arcadia 2. like vyse is all hey guys look what i found and then the game is really awesome because it's secretly skies of arcadia 2.

BasilZero

So many jRPGs for PS4 :)!

Also I dont think I'll buy the remaster considering I have VC on PS3 and on Steam lol

But I will get Blue Revolution for PS4 if no PC release happens.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I think it's a question of when, really... but I don't know if it'll be simultaneous. Are there many Japanese games that have launched on PS4 -and- PC at the same time aside from the few we have now like MGS and Tales of Zestiria?

Times are a changin. Just cause it didn't happen much in the past doesn't mean it isn't going to now.

Pretty sure development of this title was bolstered, atleast in part, to the PC port being successful. I don't think this game was started due to the PC port succeeding, but they would be daft to ignore that for very long.

Mifune

Mehmber
Already have VC on PS3 but will gladly double dip.

No idea what's up with the new one. Looks different to say the least.

BibiMaghoo

What's wrong with having large breasts?

I think the question is more "what is wrong with having a typical boob witch in every JRPG", to which I think a fair answer, is everything.

It's a check box from a list of generic characters. I don't think that is something anyone should really champion.

You have to deal with at least some fanservice, that just what Japan does now. But it's nothing new for VC

tumblr_nfwlqxsnAW1rdhesho1_500.gif

...so its here.
The day I can unhook my ps3.
VC was the only game left on PS3 backlog and the only reason it was still set up.
Been wanting to play it soo long.

Also
2015 is fucking legend

Ratrat

I think the question is more "what is wrong with having a typical boob witch in every JRPG", to which I think a fair answer, is everything.

It's a check box from a list of generic characters. I don't think that is something anyone should really champion.

Just be thankful its not a 10 year old and be quiet. :p

Jameson

it's weird feeling that sega is producing two of my most anticipated games for the PS4 now (VC4 and P5). It feels like they just turned the corner the same way capcom did this gen.

Hylian7

There was a Sega America trademark for Valkyria Azure Revolution, right? I'm going to guess it gets announced as that by Sega America.

They have to seill their figures and merchandise and other media products to otakus to make these projects work. The market is what it is and it's not getting healthier.

I think that's a small price to pay even if you don't like those characters.

If this is really the case, then I will not be interested at all.
The second world war influence is why I love so much the Valkyria Chronicles franchise.
Turn this without WW2 influence and just classical fantasy(that you can find in many JRPG) and it will lose its identity IMO.

Top Bottom