• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Valkyria (Media Vision, RPG [not SRPG], new world) and VC1 Remaster for PS4 (JP)

I think the question is more "what is wrong with having a typical boob witch in every JRPG", to which I think a fair answer, is everything.

It's a check box from a list of generic characters. I don't think that is something anyone should really champion.

Boobs don't define their characters. They just happen to be well endowed.

The only time the fact that Juliana and Riela are well endowed are in the atypical beach segment of the VC story, and even then, fanservice was minimal. Every other part of the story doesn't rely on their boobs as a crutch.

Klossen

Banned
it's weird feeling that sega is producing two of my most anticipated games for the PS4 now (VC4 and P5). It feels like they just turned the corner the same way capcom did this gen.

They have new leadership. They're focusing more on quality AA games this gen. Whereas last gen they were all over the place.

zeopower6

Times are a changin. Just cause it didn't happen much in the past doesn't mean it isn't going to now.

Pretty sure development of this title was bolstered, atleast in part, to the PC port being successful. I don't think this game was started due to the PC port succeeding, but they would be daft to ignore that for very long.

Still, I don't doubt that a lot of games will becoming to PC eventually but not many franchises from companies that also have PC titles with recent PS4 games have made their way to PC yet, so that's why I would think it's not really smart to think it's a certainty that it will be announced straight away. Even Vita titles that ended up on PC kind of had a staggered announcement happening much later than the actual Western release.

Wait, so is Valkyria of the Blue Revolution a full-fledged sequel to Valkyria Chronicles then? That's nuts if so. You know, I never played Valkyria Chronicles on the PS3 before, though I always meant to. Maybe it's time to amend that when the remaster comes out on the PS4.

AniHawk

Wait, so is Valkyria of the Blue Revolution a full-fledged sequel to Valkyria Chronicles then? That's nuts if so. You know, I never played Valkyria Chronicles on the PS3 before, though I always meant to. Maybe it's time to amend that when the remaster comes out on the PS4.

valkyria chronicles is a fantastic sequel to the dreamcast classic, skies of arcadia.

on paper it sounds super boring. i trust the team though. i think they can make it work.

it'd be better if this was secretly skies of arcadia 2. like vyse is all hey guys look what i found and then the game is really awesome because it's secretly skies of arcadia 2.

I secretly wish there were towns across the world where you could talk to NPC's and do side missions, or at the very least a hub.

Best Sniper.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
My face right now be frozen like

OGrKdUh.jpg

ZoddGutts

I think the question is more "what is wrong with having a typical boob witch in every JRPG", to which I think a fair answer, is everything.

It's a check box from a list of generic characters. I don't think that is something anyone should really champion.

Odd thing to complain when most of the females in VC series don't have big busty breast, it's only the Valkyria characters that are like that. It seems to be a genetic trait of them to be tall and well developed even if it's a bit of a flimsy excuse to make them like that.

BibiMaghoo

Just be thankful its not a 10 year old and be quiet. :p

You know I read this as "be thankful it's not 10 year old Quiet".
I very much am :D

Boobs don't define their characters. They just happen to be well endowed.

Haha, they just happen to be that way huh? That is cute.

Odd thing to complain when most of the females in VC series don't have big busty breast, it's only the Valkyria characters that are like that. It seems to be a trait of them to be tall and well developed even if it's a bit of a flimsy excuse to make them like that.

Not a complaint really, just expanding on that aspect of the discussion. I've only played the first VC game, and Selvaria obviously stands out, I was more reffering to the perceived need to check that box in JRPGs, and the reality that there is no need to check it at all.

Well, looks like i triple dip on Valkyria Chronicles! Although i save another playthrough for next year, just finished it on PC a couple of weeks ago.
But i hope 2 and 3, yes both, get the remaster treatment, too. I know 2 wasn't really good, i thought it was ok. Just give us the whole series this time SEGA.

Valkyria of the Blue Revolution finally confirmed to be a game in the same universe, great.
Do we have more infos? Like what genre, etc.

And ... from those tiny preview images ... the art style looks JRPG-generic as heck. Big-chested girl in a dress made of billions of belts wielding a huge-arse weapon. :|
Yeah i know i know Selvaria was also a big-chested girl with a huge-arse weapon, i just think that the art-style in VC 1 added a unique touch to it, which looks to be missing here.
I hope they go for an enhanced/refined look of the first VC, that game is still a great sight after all these years.
Could they get the artist of VC 1 back?

Aki-at

Something something Haruki Satomi is the chosen one. Really happy to get this announcement.

Seems he is serious on improving SEGA's overall quality and catching people's attention. Hopefully he'll make sure the next Sonic game doesn't come with the quality issues faced from the last couple of ones.

And announce Yakuza 6 English release and Virtua Fighter 6 next.

Mr Git

It's a wonderful game. PS3 version still looks great so shinier version should be a treat.

patapuf

If this is really the case, then I will not be interested at all.
The second world war influence is why I love so much the Valkyria Chronicles franchise.
Turn this without WW2 influence and just classical fantasy(that you can find in many JRPG) and it will lose its identity IMO.

To me it's identity is the way they do turn based combat. Changing setting will certainly mix a lot of that up and that can be a good thing, especialyl after 3 games.

The series will loose me when it's not a strategy game anymore.

He's making a joke because certian Skies characters make their way into Valkyria Chronicles as playable party members

Oh.

So do we have any confirmation yet that VotBR is a sequel to VC, or is it still up in the air as to what the game actually is?

It's a wonderful game. PS3 version still looks great so shinier version should be a treat.

So I've heard. It was always one of those games I meant to pick when I got my PS3, but I just never got around to it. Same with Folklore.

kadotsu

Banned
He's making a joke because certian Skies characters make their way into Valkyria Chronicles as playable party members

With the current announcements Skies of Arcadia 2 should be coming in the next 12 months, because fuck it, every dream game and sequel is real now.

Ratrat

Haha, they just happen to be that way huh? That is cute.

Not a complaint really, just expanding on that aspect of the discussion. I've only played the first VC game, and Selvaria obviously stands out, I was more reffering to the perceived need to check that box in JRPGs, and the reality that there is no need to check it at all.
Maybe they'll flatten her chest in the US version. It seems to matter so much to some people.

Well that certainly doesn't look like a Valkyria Chronicles game, not sure how to feel about that. I mean, it's good the franchise is still alive but when I think about what I want from a sequel it certainly isn't a fantasy swords and magic JRPG. I'll definitely double dip for the remaster though.

Dunkley

Considering that it has a different title altogether ("Blue Revolution" as opposed to "Battlefield"), I feel like this would be set in an entirely different world. It probably would be more fantastical rather than military.

Honestly I'd argue it might not be even a strategic RPG like the Valkyria Chronicles series given in the scans nobody seemingly is wielding a ranged weapon, just huge melee weapons.

And although there is a possibility that they can have guns or transformable weapons, can you even imagine how lame a game where you basically can only play as Armored Techs would be. :v

A really good news, and now I understand why Volks suddenly releases a 1/4 Selvaria. For those who don't know, it is surprising expensive to release a figure, and a figure as huge as this one, it spends tons of money and time to make. Therefore, I am guessing Volks knows about the existence of V4 beforehand so that they can sell this figure
GK

0s0B0xc.jpg

This is really awesome news, though it makes the fact we missed out on VC3 in the west even more painful.

Hopefully they'll remaster 2 & 3 also eventually, and we'll finally have the whole series in English.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I don't necessarily think they intend Valkyria Blue Revolution to be a Chronicles game. That's why they named it a different subtitle.

Therefore, having the same setting and expectations for combat is probably wrong

My assumption is that its a prequel during the war...

Top Bottom