• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

If Microsoft made T10 truly go up against PD in terms of raw racing campaign, we'd actually have trailers that are similar to each other.

Whoever made the FM7 trailer seemed really confused on what audience they should cater it towards.

It's not even the editing of the trailers though, PD just have that nailed lighting look. F7 looks great and I love the details like the sand on the track, I just feel that PD always squeeze more from a machine than should be possible, a bit like Naughty Dog as well.

The gt sport e3 trailer had no gameplay. So we still have to use the beta as our point of comparison until we get something newer

Looked great tho. Pretty much every racing game coming is well ahead of pcars 2. Even the crew 2.

I can't wait until we see more gameplay from other tracks.

bQRDmJi.gif

EKR9pbw.gif

SVUlaCW.gif

Damn..

Fredrik

Cross-post from the trailer thread, but VVV confirmed in comments on one of their YouTube vids that the dash-cam will be in the full release, it's not just for the show floor build:

xuqOlZ5.gif

51PEGcW.gif
That's awesome! I always drive with the hood cam because I hate seeing a steering wheel in front of my steering wheel. This will be fantastic!

cooldawn

he already confirmed that a year ago.
Yeah but was GT5 massively delayed to add full dynamics? I though it wasn't part of the plan but everyone pushed for it so they decided to do it. I guess the 'Fall 2017' date puts it to bed though anyway.

Anyways, as usual Gran Turismo Sport is looking stunning. The whole trailer gave an 'event' vibe to it, like a celebration of racing. Perfectly in-line with it's new sporting focus.

Forza Motorsport 7 also looks good but as a game built from the ground up for PC it still doesn't have a lighting solution or have that organic warm sense of place like GT's always had but it is sharp with high-detail textures. Resolution bump doing it's work. No full dynamics though and it's even worse if you're a fan of Gran Turismo!

What the hell has happened? A platform with the weaker console has gone from full dynamics last generation to none at all this generation while the other, with the most powerful console in the world and a game made for PC, still hasn't got full-dynamics.

This is so weak across the board.

velociraptor

The environments in Forza 7 look spectacular. The lighting doesn't look realistic but it looks nice. This is probably the first time where I'm actually impressed with how Forza looks. It looks like the best looking racing title (based on gameplay videos).

Sebmugi

I really like that effect.

But in FM6 you can turn it off, I expect 7 is no different.

The 2D tablecloths that cross the cars clearly visible in 4K, kills the immersion :/
But overall apart from the textures outside the road that are not really next gen,As in GT sport ;) the set is pleasing to the eye ^^

The 2D tablecloths that cross the cars clearly visible in 4K, kills the immersion :/
But overall apart from the textures outside the road that are not really next gen,As in GT sport ;) the set is pleasing to the eye ^^

Apologies I thought we were talking about cockpit camera motion.

Mascot

What the hell has happened? A platform with the weaker console has gone from full dynamics last generation to none at all this generation while the other, with the most powerful console in the world and a game made for PC, still hasn't got full-dynamics.

This is so weak across the board.

Not across the board, unless you have tunnel vision. pCARS 2 is pushing the envelope again on dynamics, adding seasonal changes and Live Track 3.0 to a full 24hr time cycle and variable weather.

Press conference faking and all you can tell the Forza 7 conference gameplay is just the AI driving the cars, they pump the breaks all over the place, an AI defect that has never changed since forza 1.

Compression aside, there seems to be a weird difference in polish considering both games are coming out at roughly the same time. Lack of foliage/environment elements, bugs in visual effects...

The vibrations on some aero pieces are pretty cool though.

Sebmugi

miam shaders in F1 2017 <3 I would dream of having the same shaders on the bodywork in GT sport .. but it is not for right now, looks like ps5 :/

ruD9M7r.gif

o0PBCcI.gif

Cross-post from the trailer thread, but VVV confirmed in comments on one of their YouTube vids that the dash-cam will be in the full release, it's not just for the show floor build:

xuqOlZ5.gif

51PEGcW.gif

Does the final game supports that chair as well, or that's specific on the PC build?

wow oO

Lol I'm not sure that in a modern porsche, wipers glasses and the automatic gearbox pdk wriggles like that without stopping XD

248lJ4n.gif

Having never driven a car in anger I can't possibly comment, but I find the effect extremely irritating.

Somewhat ironic they've gone for this effect, given how much stick the rattling Zonda pump/air filter was getting in PCards (or was it DC?) many moons ago.

its a Porsche Cayman GT4 on Nürb The camera wriggle but not the rest.. And it is a handle of manual box not a pdk ..

5g9mgei.gif

I think they need to dial this back a bit. If my gear stick and outside mirror rattled that much at 100mph I'd want my money back from Porche. Lol. Maybe limit it to when you hit the curb hard or something. Camera bob mimicking your head movement with a helmet would be better I think.

Sebmugi

The wires and hoses are really cool along with the mesh net, wipers and the shifter look a bit too extreme

Yes it is an cool effect but to use sparingly otherwise it gives the impression that the car is not assembled well, and that in case of accident ;))

uf9lm95.gif

Noobcraft

The wires and hoses are really cool along with the mesh net, wipers and the shifter look a bit too extreme
I've never witnessed the wipers on any of my cars rattle like that, but the shifter definitely has. In my Fiat 500 sport, hitting 78 MPH was very loud and stuff started to rattle. Increasing or decreasing the speed fixed it, but the car resonated at 78 MPH for some reason. My focus drops the wipers slightly beneath the hood when they're turned off to avoid them rattling in the wind.

M52B28

Banned
Yes it is an cool effect but to use sparingly otherwise it gives the impression that the car is not assembled well, and that in case of accident ;))

uf9lm95.gif
But this GIF is accurate to what a Citroen would do if involved in a minor accident :D haha

Forza Motorsport 7 also looks good but as a game built from the ground up for PC it still doesn't have a lighting solution or have that organic warm sense of place like GT's always had but it is sharp with high-detail textures. Resolution bump doing it's work. No full dynamics though and it's even worse if you're a fan of Gran Turismo!
Sterile, inorganic, cold, angular, place-less PC graphics.

KORNdoggy

Too much effect kills effect ;)

zMGJPsH.gif

Honestly this looks like they didn't quite place the sand sprites flush with the ground. Like when you clip through some floating flowers or rocks in skyrim that havn't aligned properly with the terrain. I'm guessing it's a bug?

Honestly this looks like they didn't quite place the sand sprites flush with the ground. Like when you clip through some floating flowers or rocks in skyrim that havn't aligned properly with the terrain. I'm guessing it's a bug?

It's not really noticeable in the gif, but I'm 99% sure it's meant to be like the blowing sand they added in Laguna Seca. It's meant to be blowing both across the ground and slightly under it, I don't think it being raised above the track is a mistake.

Noobcraft

I think it's intended to be blowing sand. FH3 has blowing snow that looks similar.

RsNDZPP.gif

Sebmugi

As often in the "forza" and in the image of the vibrations of the furniture of the car etc. the effects are too pronounce to have the effect expected on immersion ..
I really feel like they want to do too much to make us wow but the reverse happens ..

Top Bottom