• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

Game4life

Banned
I played DC and FH2 at the expo. Driveclub handled and looked like a dream. It was so much fun. FH2 looked good as well but did not handle as well as I expected it to. A great year ahead for racing fans. I am super excited!

Skyzard

Banned
I feel like we should be asking for a lot more from PC titles if DriveClub can look that good.

Project Cars, I'm counting on you, Assetto Corsa isn't going to cut it, although it looks good, and DC is something else.

This beauty right here:

HomerDrool.gif

ExcellentAnguishedBluegill.gif

shandy706

Is that the 2015 Ford mustang GT?

why yes, yes it is :)

Good eye.

I feel like we should be asking for a lot more from PC titles if DriveClub can look that good.

Project Cars, I'm counting on you, Assetto Corsa isn't going to cut it, although it looks good, and DC is something else.

It's an absolute shame PC racing sims haven't reached the level of graphic realism they should.

psn

pCARS is about to change all that though, isn't it?
Nope. Maxed out it impressed me 2012. But 2014 with driveclub on a much weaker hardware than my i7 and my 290x? It should look 3x as good, yet it fails to look better than driveclub to me. The lightning - especially when you race in direct sunlight at 12 o clock is so off in pcars. And even at a beautiful time of the day it doesnt impress me. Its still the best looking racer on pc, but I expected more tbh.

Dilly

Banned
Nope. Maxed out it impressed me 2012. But 2014 with driveclub on a much weaker hardware than my i7 and my 290x? It should look 3x as good, yet it fails to look better than driveclub to me. The lightning - especially when you race in direct sunlight at 12 o clock is so off in pcars. And even at a beautiful time of the day it doesnt impress me. Its still the best looking racer on pc, but I expected more tbh.

PC racing sims will never have the budget to compete to AAA console racers.

shandy706

That's Forza 5? dayum

Yep, straight off gameplay from my X1. HUD, info, and drive-line off.

pCARS is about to change all that though, isn't it?

I hope so. If the quality for each track is at the same level, it should deliver. I like to see consistency across the board.

From playing Monday.

This track really makes me hope they deliver weather options in Forza 6. It just feels like it's about to rain on you.

xxtkgj.gif

hvokib.gif

gfgmno.gif

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gestault

Shandy, I've been following some of your clips on the activity feed, great segments. I did laugh at one (I forget the track) where right at the end, you just barrel off the road into a barrier, lol

shandy706

Shandy, I've been following some of your clips on the activity feed, great segments. I did laugh at one (I forget the track) where right at the end, you just barrel off the road into a barrier, lol

That means I was doing it solely for the .gif'ing and/or image taking, LOL

I often do that for corner shots to get momentum for my little projects.

(oh, and yes...it's hilarious out of context)

The 70's open wheel gif above was one such item too...I go wide open into the group of cars, but I wanted to be flat-out for the gif and video segments.

Don't worry, I often exit those segments (hopefully that avoids any Driveatar sync....yikes)

Couple pieces from this weekend.

iWZONTKMrMHHz.jpg

i9zJpjN8u6phe.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm shocked this thread hasn't been bumped more since two major releases have come out and we have lots of new material to work with.

Like this:

not just bad.. really bad. The over all IQ isn't good enough to be called "great" or "outstanding".

dc2.jpg

dc3.jpg

dc4.jpg

And this:

All games are going to have these issues though. Forza Horizon 2 for example, even in Photo mode…

OZlBHng.jpg

ZTntsnw.jpg

I feel like last-gens thread was much more lively.

Gestault

Minus.com not hosting files any larger than 5 mb now sort of killed my style of contributions, which is a totally bummer. There are workarounds, but they're more of a pain.

Gestault

Oh, I'd thought Shinn's gifs from a while back were posted here. They're still hosted at least. The OT was sort of a dumping ground for gifs:

SorrowfulZigzagCat.gif

CanineGloomyAustraliansilkyterrier.gif

Three of mine:
tunnel.gif

ibejeMzv5O7SNb.gif

idfDYNzSmwlbr.gif

One of Doffen's:
i4MMa8alJ5SSU.gif

And a bonus:
iFMdLkS19hffH.gif

Caayn

Now two more major next-gen racers have been released I though it'd nice to compare the Ferrari 458 across a few games. I tried my best to have similar weather and time of day conditions in each game. All shots are realtime.

Forza 5:

Forza Horizon 2:

NFS Rivals: ( I didn't have the car yet in the outlaw campaign..... sorry)

DriveClub:

One of Caayn's:
iFMdLkS19hffH.gif
I appreciate the credit, but are you sure that's mine? As far as I can remember I've never used minus.

Shaneus

That's interesting... the DC model of the 458 has the black glue stuff around the edges of the windscreen, but not on either H2 or FM5.

And the dials look very flat in FM5/H2 as well. Just a lighting observation. Appreciate the comparison shots!

I'm shocked this thread hasn't been bumped more since two major releases have come out and we have lots of new material to work with.

Like this:

And this:

I feel like last-gens thread was much more lively.
Important to note that in the first screen you quoted, the cars have just launched and with the motion blur, look insanely out of whack compared to the static ground. Once everything moves, it'd look far better and does a massive disservice. DC does look spotty at times, but it never looks THAT bad while playing.

p3tran

Banned
Now two more major next-gen racers have been released I though it'd nice to compare the Ferrari 458 across a few games. I tried my best to have similar weather and time of day conditions in each game. All shots are realtime.

DriveClub:
driveclubj5qcm.png

Forza 5:
forza56orly.png

Forza Horizon 2:
forzahorizon2miqvw.png

hmm.....

aint life a bitch guys? :D

p3tran

Banned
Are you pointing out that 3D model inaccuracy with the 458 and the Forza games? I can't tell if it's visible in that shot or not... I just have a feeling that they didn't fix it for FM5.

how can I be pointing to something that you say its not visible?

try looking at the visible things for starters

ps
and please give us a pic of inaccuracies you say, I think such things are the bread and butter for this topic. ;)

Top Bottom