• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen Xbox May Support Crypto Wallets, Reveals Leaked Microsoft Document

Draugoth

Gold Member

In another leaked slide, Xbox executives outlined a plan to develop an all-new console that will be built on a new “ecosystem generation”. According to the presentation, Microsoft’s 10th-generation Xbox ecosystem will include consoles, phones, web browsers, PCs, a handheld system, and a cloud-based console. All the devices will be connected by a shared network.

The company has already fixated on using the ARM64 architecture for the main device’s CPU. It is expected to release development kits to game creators by 2027, a year ahead of the console’s launch.

Other details revealed by the documents include features such as support for AI and machine learning to attain “super-resolution” graphics for games, frame rate improvements, and in-game character dialogue generations. Also mentioned were standard features like voice chat, player achievements, and added support for crypto wallets on the next-generation Xbox ecosystem.

MAZG3Hw.png

intbal

There are more than 30 items that they're promoting in that chart.
And I'm not interested in a single one of them. In fact, I don't want any of them in my gaming experience.
And why the f#c& is "Game Saves" listed under Game Services? Do they not intend to let you save your games on your own console any more? Everything has to be cloud saves?
Stop this ride Microsoft. I think I want to get off.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
There are more than 30 items that they're promoting in that chart.
And I'm not interested in a single one of them. In fact, I don't want any of them in my gaming experience.
And why the f#c& is "Game Saves" listed under Game Services? Do they not intend to let you save your games on your own console any more? Everything has to be cloud saves?
Stop this ride Microsoft. I think I want to get off.
My bet would be cloud stored saves...Probably linked to gamepass.

RespawnX

I'm still not sure why crypto is even legal. It has no true value behind it, a wonderful currency for the dark web for sex and children trafficking and other shady shit.

USDC, EUROC? We are talking about a console which is still years away and coins will evolve.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm still not sure why crypto is even legal. It has no true value behind it, a wonderful currency for the dark web for sex and children trafficking and other shady shit.
Monetary currency is the same thing. They just spend it on "paintings," "high end art and furniture," "clever accounting with film production studio shells," "aid money," etc., etc..

Last edited:

Antwix

That's cool. People forget Microsoft accepted Bitcoin all the way back in like 2015. Nothing really that new for them.

LordCBH

Most currencies of the world have no true value anymore. The dollar is not based on anything other than faith. There is no standard behind it anymore.

But I also agree with you. Crypto is almost entirely a scam.

The enforcement/safety tools sound absolutely amazing! Time to turn off your mic and break it in half to make sure it doesn't work or else you'll get banned for farting and will be reported for fart abuse.. Fucking pussies.

Last edited:

acm2000

thats basically what "real" money is these days too, a bank doesnt have to hold your balance in actual cash.

Mephisto40

The idea that they are actively recording everything that is said down your mic without needing a reason to do it is ridiculous intrusive, that's the more scary part of that graphic

Kadve

Should point out that this might be a Just Cause 3 or Cooking Mama cookstar situation. Ie were seeing stuff that's using big, fancy words just for the sake of hooking investors that Microsoft actually has no intentions of actually implementing.

Crypto Wallet is good imo. Its time we leave behind credit cards etc which give out way too much info about us. Just use a hot wallet just for game purchases,

Thirty7ven

Banned

It has one really great use, cross border payments and transfers. Like for real. With the right choice you pay almost nothing regardless of amount and that’s actually very cool and of value.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
What exactly does a crypto wallet do

71257ee5-18d7-461e-b39b-3277361953dc_text.gif
A crypto wallet is a digital storage that allows people to buy, sell, swap, lend and borrow cryptocurrency coins and tokens1. It is a hardware or software wallet that stores your private keys, keeping your crypto safe and accessible23. There are three types of crypto wallets: software, hardware, and paper wallets4. Cryptocurrency is a highly abstract store of value, without a physical token similar to cash’s coins and bills5.

Signed, Google.

sendit

It's the technology behind it. Blockchain. Feel free to google this, research, learn, or remain ignorant.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
A crypto wallet is a digital storage that allows people to buy, sell, swap, lend and borrow cryptocurrency coins and tokens1. It is a hardware or software wallet that stores your private keys, keeping your crypto safe and accessible23. There are three types of crypto wallets: software, hardware, and paper wallets4. Cryptocurrency is a highly abstract store of value, without a physical token similar to cash’s coins and bills5.

Signed, Google.

So all in all it's just another method of paying for stuff.

This'll be something I never use.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
Not worried.
Crypto Wallets and NFTs were SOoooooooOOOooOooOoOo hot not too long ago, so I'm sure this shit was on all sorts of marketing slides from all sorts of companies.
I doubt anyone really cares about this anymore.

Top Bottom