• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

mdubs

Banned
Lindros-Leafs.jpg

Praying atm

Parch

And I'm pretty sure you also said you were not in fact an Oilers fan in the same post.
Not much to be a fan of lately. I stopped caring about this team because of the inept management team. Can you blame me?

I've enjoyed Montreal dynasties. I've enjoyed Oiler dynasties. Time to start that 2nd Oiler dynasty.

Pikma

Banned
The salt is fucking real in this thread

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Oh my god I love my team, the Edmonton Oilers, such a great franchise.

Trey

Not quite, are you fucking serious?

Still laughing at fools thinking BUF actually tanked. Follow the season and it's a different story. That damn team had us ripping our hair out of our heads until the last possible game. Stop it.

The Sabres definitely tanked. Just because the team picked up a few more points than expected doesn't change the deliberate moves that were made to give a higher chance for a better future outcome.

I love the salt coming out of NHL-GAF. It's a shame that McDavid will be playing for a team whose management is run by incompetent jackasses.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I guess the one positive about this(other than the Leafs not winning) is that it proves the NHL doesn't rig the lottery, Gary Bettman looked like he died a little on the inside when he saw the Oilers ball come up.

I thought they were just completely fucking inept. You mean they're actually worse?

They have an aura of losing around them, the same people have been running the team since 2000 and then Daryl Katz joined the gong show and made it even more of a gong show when he bought the team in 07. Basically, all of those losers just rotate spots in management when there's heat from the fans to make it seem like things are changing in response to them losing. Next thing we know, Lowe will try his hand behind the bench, MacTavish will become the President, and Katz will become the new GM -_-

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Mark MastersVerified account
‏@markhmasters Craig MacTavish: "Offence wins hockey games & we're going to be loaded with it"

LOL

I don't mind McDavid going to Edmonton, where he'll likely be successful. It will take some massive half-assery on their part now to screw this up.

It also means he stays in Canada, which for some reason means something to me.

It also means he's out of the East.

It also means he's out of the Atlantic.

Lastly, it means the Leafs will get Marner or Strome.

Pikma

Banned
Stop This.

Stop this now. I thought you were a Stars Fan
I am, I'm just taking advantage of my avatar to have a little fun, I couldn't care less about McNugget, the Stars didn't even have a chance at it anyway, sorry for laughing though, it's just that it's fun to see all this salt and I couldn't avoid it :(

The Oilers is a team so garbage that not even McDavid will be able to fix it anyway

The Sabres definitely tanked. Just because the team picked up a few more points than expected doesn't change the deliberate moves that were made to give a higher chance for a better future outcome.

I'm certainly happy they did. My point was a bit muddied but I think the result on ice and what management does are different things in this case.

Syrinx

McDavid will be to Edmonton what LeBron was to Cleveland.

He'll be successful there and take them to some playoffs, and MacTavish and co. will be happy knowing they did such a great job rebuilding the franchise, and McDavid will bolt the first chance he gets to go to an organization worth a damn.

Quick

Banned
Because there was ZERO chance of re-signing him.
I wonder what Petry would have thought about signing a new contract if he knew McDavid was going to be on the team.

He probably already figured the team would get a high-ranking prospect before deciding that he wouldn't be re-signing.

DopeyFish

Leafs fans know all too well... offense only goes so far... once your offense goes cold you need defense. Defense occurs at all times in a hockey game. Offense only partially.

I will be ecstatic if we got hanifin because of this, though.

I'd honestly not touch our roster if he was coming in and just graduate nylander and brown.

I'd even keep Phaneuf...

Parch

I don't mind McDavid going to Edmonton, where he'll likely be successful. It will take some massive half-assery on their part now to screw this up.
It also means he stays in Canada, which for some reason means something to me.
Oilers have a long way to go and a lot to fix. Of course I have major doubts, but it will be fun to see them try.
At the very least, I'll get to watch McDavid a lot.

DopeyFish

The one good thing to come out of this shit show is i am willing to bet there's going to be changes to draft lottery procedure.

Probably something like: if a team wins the lottery... the next year they cannot be part of the draft lottery (so... top 3 picks)

The year after they will be placed only in the lottery for the 3rd pick

The year after 2nd and 3rd pick

So... 4 year intervals

DopeyFish

Mitch Marner is probably going to the Arizona desert too.

Fuck everything
I guess hanifin and strome and alright?

Yup. We're getting hanifin or strome.

Two GREAT players.

Assume both will be NHL ready this fall, too.

As much as marner would be a good add... if hanifin is available you damn well take him.

Top Bottom