• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Pikma

Banned
I didn't know we had signed John Klingberg already, that is such a great news!!!! Now go for Enroth, Lindy had really good things to say about him so it looks possible :D

zroid

Banned
Mitch Marner is probably going to the Arizona desert too.

Fuck everything
I guess hanifin and strome and alright?

I think Yotes take Strome. They need a big C.

I wonder if Leafs will take Marner or Hanifin. They already have a top W prospect and a top D prospect. Either way it's fine.

But fuck the Oilers seriously

Parch

The one good thing to come out of this shit show is i am willing to bet there's going to be changes to draft lottery procedure.
Next year they are changing the odds so that all non-playoff teams have a better chance.

So the Oilers will barely miss the playoffs next year and win the draft lottery again.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Next year they are changing the odds so that all non-playoff teams have a better chance.

So the Oilers will barely miss the playoffs next year and win the draft lottery again.

Nah, odds are remaining the same next year i think

They'll be doing 3 lotteries for the top 3 picks

eyeless

pittsburgh gets lemieux, malkin and crosby

oilers get gretzky and mcdavid and also all the first overalls

only pittsburgh and edmonton can get generational talents, it's in the rulebook

pittsburgh gets lemieux, malkin and crosby

oilers get gretzky and mcdavid and also all the first overalls

only pittsburgh and edmonton can get generational talents, it's in the rulebook

Edmonton better trade McDavid early. Kings are looking to get rid of some guys with Stanley Cup experience.

lupinko

What's the draft order?

1. Edmonton Oilers

2. Buffalo Sabres

3. Arizona Coyotes

4. Toronto Maple Leafs

5. Carolina Hurricanes

6. New Jersey Devils

7. Philadelphia Flyers

8. Columbus Blue Jackets

9. San Jose Sharks

10. Colorado Avalanche

11. Florida Panthers

12. Dallas Stars

13. Los Angeles Kings

14. Boston Bruins

Pikma

Banned
The Oilers have the tools, but that doesn't mean they know how to use them. They're such a shit team for a reason.

Parch

If Pittsburgh can turn it around in two years with Crosby the Oilers should be able to as well.
I'm not taking that bet, but the odds of making the playoffs certainly improved.

Oilers have a crapload of draft picks in the upcoming draft. They need to trade some of those draft picks for serviceable players to improve the depth on the team. Unfortunately, I have little faith in MacTavish doing anything competent.

eyeless

there was really only two good options in the best interest of the leafs, oilers and coyotes in the west and to retain 4th

and at least he went to a canadian market instead of the desert? it's still sickening of course

could be worse, wouldn't want to be in the pacific division or the west

nucks flames sharks how ya like mactavish now

calder

Lol, ESPN isn't holding back at least, unlike the Canadian networks who have to be polite.

espnmcdavid2nj0e.png

Oilers rewarded for years of ineptitude with another No. 1 pick
Instead, you’ve got an Oilers team that has re-written the definition of ineptitude ever since thrilling their fans with a surprise trip to the 2006 Cup finals. They haven’t made the playoffs since, and are undergoing what, their third rebuild?

"Not fair at all," is how one NHL team executive responded via text Saturday night, his club not in the lottery.

That’s a decision for another day. Right now it’s pure euphoria in that Oilers front office, deserved or not.

No matter whom you spoke to on this night, very few people around the league were thrilled that the Oilers won the lottery given their decade of misery.

zroid

Banned
there was really only two good options in the best interest of the leafs, oilers and coyotes in the west and to retain 4th

and at least he went to a canadian market instead of the desert? it's still sickening of course

I'll have to resign myself to this logic. It will never not be depressing seeing him in an Oilers uniform though...

At least, we'll always have this:

BKJN7Ng.png

DopeyFish

1-3 winning was the only good option

if someone above us were picked, we'd be forced into marner, most likely.

Strome is C, Hanifin is D and marner is RW.

if arizona or buffalo won, we'd be getting strome, most likely.
since edmonton won, we're most likely getting hanifin.

either way i'm ecstatic we remained in 4th... we now are getting either a #1D or a #1C... two positions we haven't really had a top class player in a long time.

eyeless

I'll have to resign myself to this logic. It will never not be depressing seeing him in an Oilers uniform though...

At least, we'll always have this:

http://i.imgur.com/BKJN7Ng.png/IMG][/QUOTE]i still have a sick feeling in my stomach, but just looking at it pragmatically

i wouldn't have a visceral sick reaction to mcdavid on the sabres, but mcdavid in our division would be fucking terrible, it's better for us he went to edmonton

bring on the hanifin/strome!

Fucking Edmonton.

78146-Jesse-Pinkman-he-cant-keep-get-MlXe.gif

Anyway, my guesses:

1. Edmonton - McDavid | It's obvious.

2. Buffalo - Eichel | More obvious

3. Arizona - Marner | They have his buddy Domi and his other teammate Dvorak. They draft him and they have a line that has already played together for two years.

4. Toronto - Strome | Need offense. They won't take Crouse or Hanifin. So Strome it is.

5. Carolina - Hanifin | They aren't happy but they take him. Combined with Faulk and Fleury they try to rebuild the Nashville way from the blue line forward.

DopeyFish

@reporterchris The #oilers won the draft lottery with balls "5-14-6-1."

going into the last ball... leafs had best chance of winning at 36%

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DopeyFish

my draft wish list:

JVR for NJD 1st rounder
Kessel (+?) for Florida 1st rounder and huberdeau
Phaneuf (+ for first) for Mantha + dump/1st
Bernier and Gardiner + for Draisatl

become team of blue chippers

Syrinx

Fucking Edmonton.

78146-Jesse-Pinkman-he-cant-keep-get-MlXe.gif

Anyway, my guesses:

1. Edmonton - McDavid | It's obvious.

2. Buffalo - Eichel | More obvious

3. Arizona - Marner | They have his buddy Domi and his other teammate Dvorak. They draft him and they have a line that has already played together for two years.

4. Toronto - Strome | Need offense. They won't take Crouse or Hanifin. So Strome it is.

5. Carolina - Hanifin | They aren't happy but they take him. Combined with Faulk and Fleury they try to rebuild the Nashville way from the blue line forward.

Don't know why Francis would be unhappy with Hanifin; the blue line has been the focus of the rebuild since he took over. Drafting Fleury last year (which, considering he was taken over Nylander and Ehlers, I'm not ecstatic about right now, not that I don't think he'll be a good player) and getting McKeown from the Kings at the deadline, it's pretty clear what his plan is (more than I could say for Rutherford). .

Frankly I'd be concerned about him taking a guy like Provorov or Werenski over Marner if he were there (though that's probably just the irrational little man inside me talking).

If only the fucking Kings didn't shit their bed we'd have so much more flexibility in the first round.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
my draft wish list:

JVR for NJD 1st rounder
Kessel (+?) for Florida 1st rounder and huberdeau
Phaneuf (+ for first) for Mantha + dump/1st
Bernier and Gardiner + for Draisatl

become team of blue chippers

Outside of maybe the first one, I don't think any of those other trades are realistic at all.

Don't know why Francis would be unhappy with Hanifin; the blue line has been the focus of the rebuild since he took over. Drafting Fleury last year (which, considering he was taken over Nylander and Ehlers, I'm not ecstatic about right now, not that I don't think he'll be a good player) and getting McKeown from the Kings at the deadline, it's pretty clear what his plan is (more than I could say for Rutherford). .

Frankly I'd be concerned about him taking a guy like Provorov or Werenski over Marner if he were there (though that's probably just the irrational little man inside me talking).

He would be disappointed because of the reasons you said. The canes already have Fleury, Faulk, and McKeown (who I totally forgot they had). Do they really need more defense? No.

offense needs a lot of work. There is Skinner and the Staals. And maybe Rask. Otherwise there isn't a whole lot there. A high end forward would be best I think. But with the others gone, Hanifin is the best option.

Samyy

He would be disappointed because of the reasons you said. The canes already have Fleury, Faulk, and McKeown (who I totally forgot they had). Do they really need more defense? No.

offense needs a lot of work. There is Skinner and the Staals. And maybe Rask. Otherwise there isn't a whole lot there. A high end forward would be best I think. But with the others gone, Hanifin is the best option.

They have that Lindholm kid too

zroid

Banned
If Arizona picks Strome, do the Leafs pick Hanifin or Marner? Extremely tough decision.

Marner probably.

I think Leafs want Strome because they need C depth bad (and Strome is fantastic), but if it came down to Marner or Hanifin, they will lean toward Marner because they have a lot of promising D already, and Hunter's ties to Marner will help.

Samyy

Marner probably.

I think Leafs want Strome because they need C depth bad (and Strome is fantastic), but if it came down to Marner or Hanifin, they will lean toward Marner because they have a lot of promising D already, and Hunter's ties to Marner will help.

I think they'll try Marner at center and Nylander next year will probably play center in the AHL.

Also Nylander with another assist, 2 point night so far.
Fuck you Cherry.

Syrinx

Yeah I get that. I'm just saying that when a guy's plan is to stack the blue line, getting a guy who's better than anybody he's brought in so far (Faulk was one of Rutherford's blind dart throws that actually amounted to something) is hardly the worst thing for them.

If Strome or Marner is available for them (particularly Strome, who seems like the "safer" guy), I think they'll take him and be happy about it.

Top Bottom