• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I hope the Yotes get McDavid, that would be one insane team to watch. Plus, unlike the Oilers, they have competent management and coaching staff who will make sure things don't go off the rails.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Arizona making out like bandits. Good for them, now hopefully they get McDavid and relocated to a place that actually deserves a hockey team.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
number1trendducvpuj5.png

:(

zroid

Banned
Sounds official now. Duclair, John Moore, 2016 first, for Yandle with ARI retaining 50% of his salary and Chris Summers.

I like the idea of acquiring Yandle. I don't mind trading away John Moore since he seemed like one of the most obvious pieces to trade away. The first round pick is whatever because it feels like we never have first rounders anyway. But giving up Duclair is serious WTF territory.

Yandle hasn't been as good this year as in the past. This deal kind of smells of a Vermette-esque overpayment, valuing a guy for what he was as opposed to what he is. That said, he's going to improve the Rongos. Hopefully it's enough!

Yawnier

Banned
If Rangers don't win the cup this year or next, they're fucked.

Basically. You keep on trading away top 60 picks and your farm system will suffer.

Seems like their window is this season and next season, that D has to be among the best in the east now.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Welp, that just about destroys the market. Huge price paid for Yandle and GMs will now be expecting a ton.

NYR

All it takes is an injury to Lundqvist and the whole thing falls apart.
Like his current injury? Check their record when he has been hurt, then talk.

The goal is to win the cup. The goal of 1st rounders is to build a team to win a cup. The Rangers are here, they are not waiting 5 years to win. They have a chance and are taking it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Like his current injury? Check their record when he has been hurt, then talk.

That was against the Yotes (twice), Sabres, BJs, Leafs, Flames, and Avs, though.

We'll have a much better idea how this is ACTUALLY going after the next week and a half with the Perds, Wings, Hawks, Isles, and Caps.

Red_Man

The prices these rentals and average veterans are getting this year makes me almost wish we were sellers.
This is why MacTavish should unload one of those top pick players, he could pull in a kings ransom right now.

Welp, that just about destroys the market. Huge price paid for Yandle and GMs will now be expecting a ton.
Hopefully this leads to more hockey trades tomorrow.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I just hope this doesn't turn into our version of the McDonagh trade.

Feels like it could be.

Wonder what number Yandle is going to wear.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/could-dion-phaneuf-become-the-next-larry-murphy/

Which brings us to Dion Phaneuf and the rumblings that a deal to Detroit could be in the works before Monday’s trade deadline. This much we know: the Leafs are exploring the possibilities of trading Phaneuf and the Red Wings are looking for a defenseman. Detroit GM Ken Holland and Toronto GM David Nonis have spoken leading up to the trade deadline and the Red Wings will almost certainly be adding a defenseman tomorrow. With Keith Yandle just about off the market, that leaves one fewer defensemen for Detroit to pursue.

Tomorrow/This Summer will be real interesting.

Red_Man

Yandle was in a very specific role. Lots of minutes but against secondary lines and mostly in the offensive zone. Will NYR change that?
I imagine it will be the same with the Rangers, but it's still a lot to pay. Does anyone have them as a top 5 contender now? I'd still put Hawks, Nashville, St. Louis, Ducks, Tampa and maybe even the Islanders ahead of them.

Phaneuf is terrible.
*Phaneuf hero chart*

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Now that we've traded away the farm, we still have the issue of being dogshit on faceoffs.

Anybody want a....2017 1st round pick?

Samyy

For 7 million yes, but I think he needs to get out of Toronto and if they have around 2 million retained, it might work out.

Though I just looked at his advanced stats thing and they are awful.

I don't see us carrying 2 mil of dead cap for the next 6 years.

Top Bottom