• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Mifec

Yeah it prolly has like 4 extra endings excluding W so I don't mind it only being 7h for the 1st(second if you count W) ending.
An 'ending' in a Yoko Taro game is not like an ending in a normal game.

Imagine if you only played the Saber route in Fate/stay night, or only played the Arcueid route in Tsukihime, or only played You's route in Ever17 and then told people you 'beat the game.' People would laugh at you for that.

Ending A is usually just the beginning in a Taro game, as said. Still waiting on confirmation on the 'route method' this game uses.

Actually I'd be laughing at them for playing Type Moon stuff OuO

Dio

Banned
Yeah it prolly has like 4 extra endings excluding W so I don't mind it only being 7h for the 1st(second if you count W) ending.

Actually I'd be laughing at them for playing Type Moon stuff OuO

I'm picking VNs that people know/are famous/are translated.

What, do you want me to talk about Baldr Sky and Muramasa or something?

cheez124

looking forward to this. i never played nier (or any of yoko taro's games) but i did watch a video that summed up the lore...and i think i'm even more confused after watching it, haha. can't wait to play it regardless

Dio

Banned
You think a lot reviewers would just play up to the first ending and stop like the first game?

They did it with Drakengard 3. Wouldn't be surprised if people do it again in Nier Automata not realizing they still have half or 2/3 of the game to go (conjecture based on past titles.)

Jiraiza

Anyone on the
Adam & Eve
fight? Am I supposed to beat these guys like it's on Very Hard or something? This sucks, :(.

black070

Just to get some clarification on the multiple endings - do you basically just replay the entire game after each ending, or do you simply continue on from that point ?

JayEH

Just to get some clarification on the multiple endings - do you basically just replay the entire game after each ending, or do you simply continue on from that point ?

I don't think we know yet. games in the series have handled it differently.

Ubernube

Not complaining but how come the OT is up so soon.

The Japanese release contains both English subtitles and voice-overs, and because of how close the Japanese release is to the Western release, it was deemed ok to just have this thread serve as both the import and western release thread.

xezuru

How does this game hold up on the pureply platinum side? I'm one of the few people that really dislike Nier's story but Nier has a lot of great ideas and presentation, bossfights, music, and the such but I don't know if a half-platinum game can push me through like 40+ hours.

Exentryk

How does this game hold up on the pureply platinum side? I'm one of the few people that really dislike Nier's story but Nier has a lot of great ideas and presentation, bossfights, music, and the such but I don't know if a half-platinum game can push me through like 40+ hours.

One of the best action combat systems ever made. Play the demo.

seabass0

Gaaaah, I want this game so badly, but am going to have to wait a bit until I can get through Nioh and Horizon.

Sony is bringing the HEAT in Q1

DKL

t1487811600z4.png

New page, must-repost-countdown for HK.

I come home and we're still not here.

Hong Kong pls

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
Gaaaah, I want this game so badly, but am going to have to wait a bit until I can get through Nioh and Horizon.
Sony is bringing the HEAT in Q1
Sony has nothing to do with Nier
If a major PS4 exclusive RPG is 7 hours to first ending ,this thread would be fill with "1886" shit now

Jiraiza

God damn it, I hate these you're not supposed to win fights. I died 10+ times only to learn that you're supposed to stay alive for x amount of time.

Mubrik

not sure if spoilers aren't allowed
very spoilery video. do not click
but i wanted to watch some gameplay videos, assuming i would be picking up the game far later on pc, but then i watched this
and got hyped af.
the music and fluidity of combat to cutscene just floored me and i find myself not willing to watch more till i play myself
if not for work and other stuff i'd be downloading this shit digitally already.
i just need clarification on something, it says first boss in the video (evident by low lovel too)
but they both fucking die?
wtf is happening? i dont know if i want the whole story spoilers or not. lol

LotusHD

Banned
not sure if spoilers aren't allowed
but i wanted to watch some gameplay videos, assuming i would be picking up the game far later on pc, but then i watched this
and got hyped af.
the music and fluidity of combat to cutscene just floored me and i find myself not willing to watch more till i play myself
if not for work and other stuff i'd be downloading this shit digitally already.
i just need clarification on something, it says first boss in the video (evident by low lovel too) but they both fucking die? wtf is happening? i dont know if i want the whole story spoilers or not. lol

Can't just post a video, and not tell us what's in it lol, not when people are trying to avoid spoilers :(

It plays like a nier game would , if you just imagine platinum making it. Its not focused on a deep melee combat system, its focused on a combat system for a weird bullet hell game.

So that means
- Magic attacks which cost a chargeable MP [ Although they are disguised as a pod]
- Shooting with your gun, like vergil swords, you fire these and do w/e else at the same time
- Crowd control combos

But they are doing some interesting stuff with the melee combat, like being able to throw out one weapon, whilst attacking with another weapon is a common thing.

LotusHD

Banned
It's a playlist of boss fights. If you're avoiding spoilers don't click on it, but I did and it didn't ruin my life or anything

True, I'm good then. Stuff like that doesn't ruin my life, but even I got moments when I'm like "Dude, just wait a few days for the game to come out lol"

Facism

so like, you hit ending A, does the game continue on with a consistent stream of new areas and story, or do you just end up replaying a remix of the content you've already played through?

Aeana

Still waiting for it to become available for regular people on JPSN. I didn't preorder since I wasn't going to get home until now anyway, but I forgot that preorder titles don't become available to non-preorderers until the regular update time.

BumRush

so like, you hit ending A, does the game continue on with a consistent stream of new areas and story, or do you just end up replaying a remix of the content you've already played through?

No one (here) knows the answer to that yet, unfortunately.

Top Bottom