• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 17th April - 3 PM UK/10 AM EST

serplux

Serious question:

Would you be disappointed if whatever Retro has been working on turned out to be a 3DS game instead of WiiU?

I'd play it, and I'd probably enjoy it. But the Wii U needs Retro moreso than the 3DS (and they might have a 3DS project anyways, so...), so I'd be disappointed.

So tomorrow's the day they announce Majora's Mask 3D?

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/majoras-mask-3d-listed-on-xtralife

j27CfuBDaIcHu.jpg

Serious question:

Would you be disappointed if whatever Retro has been working on turned out to be a 3DS game instead of WiiU?

It's not going to happen.

Geoff Keighley: "Are there a lot of big [Wii U] games, 1st-party, that are in development right now, that you're not talking about?"

Reggie said:
"Absolutely. I could get myself fired by breaking all of the news right here on your show... but rest assured Mr. Miyamoto and the team at EAD are working on fantastic [Wii U] projects. Rest assured that Retro is working on a fantastic [Wii U] project. We've got big games in the [Wii U] lineup that are coming that will continue to drive the install base of the system. In all likelihood, [we will get them] probably during E3 [2013].

Here's hoping for a new color XL in NA. I've waited longer to jump into the 3DS party than I have any other console since the original NES. Just doesn't seem right. Too many must play games waiting for me now.

Skyward Sword had worst dungeons ever. Those were the shortests, the easiests, and most lineal than never. Can't find amusement in temples that don't make me think or let me explore. Only Wind Waker would be near that level of crappyness.
It also would have the worst overworld too if Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass didn't exist, with that separated areas that ruin the adventure feeling. And the sidequests, the story and the music weren't probably the worst in the series, but they're not far of that. Maybe the music was the worst, indeed.

Skyward only shone by the combat system.

I agree with you, at least, the dungeons are crative and unique, but they are very linear, short and easy. But I think the combat system wasn't ideal too.

hatchx

Banned
As far as my (non-game) predictions go:

1) Preordering or prepurchasing games on the eShop. Otherwise, why would we have a whole section of games that are coming soon to the eShop (that includes Animal Crossing New Leaf for a mere $34.99 which isn't coming out for 2 whole months last I checked)?

2) 3DS Virtual Console news. Maybe SNES and GBA?

3) Miiverse 3DS / Unified eShop account system (maybe even incentives for upgrading to something that should've been there day one but I dunno)

4) DS games available for purchase on the eShop. That way we can all re-play the first 4 games in the Ace Attorney series (and maybe Ace Attorney Investigations too?) before Ace Attorney 5 hits the US.

5) Full-on eShop redesign?

Those would be pretty epic announcements if they happened. I would hardly call that a realistic prediction at all. I think it's more reasonable to expect Majoras Mask and Bravely Default announcements than that.

serplux

As far as my (non-game) predictions go:

1) Preordering or prepurchasing games on the eShop. Otherwise, why would we have a whole section of games that are coming soon to the eShop (that includes Animal Crossing New Leaf for a mere $34.99 which isn't coming out for 2 whole months last I checked)?

2) 3DS Virtual Console news. Maybe SNES and GBA?

3) Miiverse 3DS / Unified eShop account system (maybe even incentives for upgrading to something that should've been there day one but I dunno)

4) DS games available for purchase on the eShop. That way we can all re-play the first 4 games in the Ace Attorney series (and maybe Ace Attorney Investigations too?) before Ace Attorney 5 hits the US.

5) Full-on eShop redesign?

In terms of likelihood:

1) 5%
2) 35%
3) 70%
4) 5%
5) 20%

Velcro Fly

I always have a list of things I hope happen but as long as there is a couple new things, whether it's new gameplay footage of upcoming games or even a concrete release date for a VC game, I consider it a success. We're at the stage now where new info should be coming out about the summer releases that they announced two months ago.

Still expecting mid may for the Oracles games though.

DaBoss

In terms of likelihood:

1) 5%
2) 35%
3) 70%
4) 5%
5) 20%

What? Way too optimistic. :p

This is how I see it:
1) 0% (no reason it couldn't have been added last update which was recent)
2) 100% / 0% (SNES and GBA don't seem to be coming)
3) 0% (seems too early for this to happen)
4) 0% (they will have to port it to the 3DS, which I imagine isn't too hard)
5) 0%

So just put 'Yes' for '100%' and 'No' for '0%'.

serplux

What? Way too optimistic. :p

This is how I see it:
1) 0% (no reason it couldn't have been added last update which was recent)
2) 100% / 0% (SNES and GBA don't seem to be coming)
3) 0% (seems too early for this to happen)
4) 0% (they will have to port it to the 3DS, which I imagine isn't too hard)
5) 0%

So just put 'Yes' for '100%' and 'No' for '0%'.

1 and 4 have very little chance at happening (5% is for if Nintendo loses its mind). 5 isn't impossible considering that Nintendo's planning on further enhancements to the eShop, and a redesign could be a part in their plans. 2 has a decent shot because new VC stuff seems like the type of thing they'd announce right now. 3 has a pretty good chance due to Miiverse being almost ready on smartphones (meaning that they might want to share info about the 3DS version with us), and I think accounts go hand in hand with Miiverse.

Previous Nintendo directs like this have been similar in content. Yes/no.

My bad predictions:
-Reminder about DKCR, maybe what this thing Retro teased
-Possibly Mario vs. DK Pipe Dream clone will be dated (well...)
-Other eShop goodies? Denpa Men 2 at last? Guild02?
-Footage of Mario Golf confirming no RPG mode. In honor of year of Luigi the title screen will say Luigi Golf for all of 2013 and Luigi will be the narrator and only playable character.

DaBoss

1 and 4 have very little chance at happening (5% is for if Nintendo loses its mind). 5 isn't impossible considering that Nintendo's planning on further enhancements to the eShop, and a redesign could be in their plans. 2 has a decent shot because VC seems like the type of thing they'd announce right now. 3 has a pretty good chance due to Miiverse being almost ready on smartphones (meaning that they might want to share info about the 3DS version with us).

Oh when you were saying percentages for things do you meant them showing it on the ND? If so, then this is how I see it:
1) 0%
2) 100% / 0%
3) 10%
4) 0%
5) 0.1%

Previous Nintendo directs like this have been similar in content. Yes/no.

My bad predictions:
-Reminder about DKCR, maybe what this thing Retro teased
-Possibly Mario vs. DK Pipe Dream clone will be dated (well...)
-Other eShop goodies? Denpa Men 2 at last? Guild02?
-Footage of Mario Golf confirming no RPG mode. In honor of year of Luigi the title screen will say Luigi Golf for all of 2013 and Luigi will be the narrator and only playable character.

Not sure what you're saying there.

100% chance of 50% of the people in this thread being disappointed.

You need to be even more bolder with your predictions. :p

serplux

Oh when you were saying percentages for things do you meant them showing it on the ND? If so, then this is how I see it:
1) 0%
2) 100% / 0%
3) 10%
4) 0%
5) 0.1%

Yup. I am fairly optimistic about Miiverse being shown, and think VC info has a decent shot at happening. Everything else has pretty much no chance.

EDIT: Of course, this all rides on a Japanese Direct being announced, which I think is pretty likely.

You need to be even more bolder with your predictions. :p

We need to go bolderer.

Top Bottom