• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct mention in NOA job listing

GameE

https://nintendo.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?job=150000000U&src=SNS-10380

Motion Graphics Artist (150000000U)

Nintendo of America Inc.

Description of Duties
  • Work with members of the team to create motion graphics for various projects
  • Help team members by creating animations for use or by helping editors design graphics that they can implement themselves
  • Help determine typography choices for use in trailers, sizzle reels etc.
  • Plays games to obtain game footage and/or screen captures
  • Edits video/audio for TV commercials, game trailers, Nintendo Direct, web content, demo kiosks, internal and external presentations, and general marketing purposes as needed
  • Facilitates file transfers with other groups, agencies, and subsidiaries
  • Maintains audio/video equipment and editing Macs
  • Recommends and installs new editing/computer equipment and software
  • Ability to work overtime required
  • Be able to receive feedback from various groups, analyze it, and implement it in a timely manner

Well here you go. So Nintendo Directs are probably still happening. A lot of people have been asking about them lately.

Pinky

Banned
I always expected them to continue, but was not sure when. It's a great format and feels very one on one.

Miss you, Mr. Iwata :(

Neoxon

I didn't expect Nintendo to do away with Nintendo Directs. They're pretty much in Nintendo's DNA now & continuing them would be a great way for Iwata's legacy to live on. I just hope that whatever they do to continue the Directs does justice to Iwata by not imitating, but doing their own thing.

We miss you, Iwata.

It's been like 2 months since the e3 event, right? With Iwata's passing and the usual wait between directs I seemed perfectly normal that they haven't done one yet.
Not sure why people thought they were done with them

Chase17

I know people want a new Direct, but I think it's wise of them to hold off for now.

I'd expect a late October/early November direct to talk about holiday games (Smash dlc too). If one doesn't happen around that time I'd start to worry a little more about the future of directs.

I agree that it's good to hold off on them for a while though.

Nanashrew

Banned
I knew they would continue because it's something I imagine Iwata would want to continue. His goal was to reach fans directly and even went through the trouble to better speak english to communicate with all of us.

It is understandable that they would want to take a break from it for awhile though. It's difficult moving forward after such a huge loss.

Neoxon

I knew they would continue because it's something I imagine Iwata would want to continue. His goal was to reach fans directly and even went through the trouble to better speak english to communicate with all of us.

It is understandable that they would want to take a break from it for awhile though. It's difficult moving forward after such a huge loss.
Learning about stuff like this makes me miss Iwata even more. ;_;

AdanVC

Holy shit for aprox 4.45 seconds I thought a new Nintendo direct was announced.

Yay that means ND are still alive :) But without Iwata they will never have the same magic :c

Roo

Well of course, the other satoru is still around.

And Reggie.

image.php

meh..

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The only person I would like to see carrying on with Directs is Bill Trinen. Reggie be damned.

Everyone at Nintendo probably has enough respect for Iwata to continue the Directs. I doubt the man wanted them to die with him. If you thought otherwise, I'd love to hear why.

Neoxon

I really can't see Bill in Iwata's position of directs. If anything, Bill and Reggie would take NA, Shibata for EU, and maybe Morimoto for Japan.
This would make sense. Bill would handle the bulk of the Directs in North America while Reggie drops the megatons. Make it to where if Reggie shows up, you know that shit's about to go down.

RedToad64

This could have easily been an old job listing that they copy-pasted for this new one and they didn't update it. Not exactly a 100% confirmation.

PtM

Banned
Bill wouldn't work in Japan, they don't care about gaijins.

But this thread is grasping at straws, really.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
This could have easily been an old job listing that they copy-pasted for this new one and they didn't update it. Not exactly a 100% confirmation.

Pretty much. It's not like they've even said "We're not doing Nintendo Directs anymore". All the ones they were probably halted/cancelled, which is understandable.

I was hoping they would think of a new way of getting their info out to the fans. It always appeared to me that Directs were Iwata's thing and continuing it without him feels a bit...wrong. Maybe they'll rebrand it or something, but it doesn't feel right to have Direct without the man who created it & imbued his personality into them.

Magnus

I know people want a new Direct, but I think it's wise of them to hold off for now.

This.

Also, job listings are often really inaccurate data. They're copied over from old job listing documents and are often out of date. Don't take them as a concrete record of things to come.

Mariolee

I never thought they were gone forever, but as stated above it's obvious why they're gone for the moment. In fact, I bet we'll be getting one in January considering their Wii U output is unknown for most of 2016 outside of Zelda and Pokken and also because their January/February Directs are really good. The January 2013 Direct was hot fire.

Nesther

I never thought they were gone forever, but as stated above it's obvious why they're gone for the moment. In fact, I bet we'll be getting one in January considering their Wii U output is unknown for most of 2016 outside of Zelda and Pokken and also because their January/February Directs are really good. The January 2013 Direct was hot fire.

I can't wait that long!

Pretty much. It's not like they've even said "We're not doing Nintendo Directs anymore". All the ones they were probably halted/cancelled, which is understandable.

It's not 2013 when there was a new Direct like every two weeks. They'd slowed down even before Iwata's passing. I'd wager they only moved/cancelled an August one. And, looking at what Nintendo's doing right now, they seem really focused on Mario Maker. Maybe we'll see something after that releases.

They were NEVER gone forever. People just jumped to conclusions with Iwata's death that they would retire them when the whole time, Nintendo just needed time to recover from what happened.

Hell, the company doesn't even have a new CEO yet!

cyba89

It's been like 2 months since the e3 event, right? With Iwata's passing and the usual wait between directs I seemed perfectly normal that they haven't done one yet.

Just people jumping to conclusions as usual.

Almost 3 months but yeah, it's totally understandable for the directs to be absent. At least for a while...

Top Bottom