• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct WiiU/3DS @ 8/7 - NA: 7am PT, EU: 4pm CEST

JoeM86

I think we'll have a better chance of Nintendo announcing "big things" if FY 2014 Q3 is dire. That's what Nintendo is banking on.

Well Iwata has gone on the record saying there are more first party Wii U games coming this year that they have yet to announce, so it stands to reason they'll announce them here

I am guessing this will mainly cover:

New Wind Waker HD footage/details
New DKC:TF footage, possible 4th character reveal
New Mario 3DW Footage
New Zelda: Link Between Worlds footage and details
Announce specific day for W101 direct

I am also hoping they talk price cut and bundles for, hopefully, prior to W101 launch (at least in the US).

I forgot about the 4th DKC character. This would be a good time to reveal it. I'm also expecting some sort of small Smash Bros reveal. They need to milk that game for all it is worth on their hype front.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Well Iwata has gone on the record saying there are more first party Wii U games coming this year that they have yet to announce, so it stands to reason they'll announce them here

I don't think that is right. I'm sure he said they have more first party titles to announce, but he never said they were 2013.

TDLink

Isn't there supposed to be a big Wii U update this Summer? We're in August now, so this is pretty much their last chance to talk about it if it's happening.

Hopefully they'll announce that the Summer Update rolls out this week..

The "Summer update" was some UI enhancements that already rolled out. The "big changes" apart from that were delayed for a Fall update. I doubt that one will be announced at this direct. Probably will be saved for the next big one (around TGS).

Revven

New Mario 3DW Footage

I am also hoping they talk price cut and bundles for, hopefully, prior to W101 launch (at least in the US).

This looks like some good guesses and would be fairly decent updates all around, really.

Except there's gotta be a game announcement at the end. There have been previous Directs where they were covering already announced titles and then right at the end, Reggie comes out and drops a bomb (see: DKCR3D announcement).

I wouldn't expect a slew of new game announcements but at least one, be it for 3DS or Wii U, seems like a plausibility.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Pokemon Stadium 3
Super Smash Bros. Melee HD
Pokemon Snap U
Majora's Mask 3DS
Pokemon Red and Blue VC
Pokemon TCG VC
Pokemon Pinball VC
N64 Wii U VC

iiH0wVbZXxrjK.gif

This is both a happy and sad post as it's missing notable new IP's. I was just like this for Wii as I had NOTHING to play. That situation is worse now since they make you buy games for WiiU that you already bought on Wii. Unless they change that then it's still worries me greatly to have to anticipate old games instead of new ones.

This is just me being pessimistic since I want a WiiU but not to play my old games. At least not primarily and also not paying twice for stuff I've bought on 3DS/Wii eshop.

CoolS

Announce AA5 for September in europe and I'm happy.

Throw in the Summer update and it will be a good direct.

Tuck

New Mario 3DW Footage

This seems pretty reasonable. They may also show some Mario & Luigi footage, as thats coming out soon. Wouldn't be surprised if they spent a few minutes talking about Pikmin.

Nintendo Land 2 announcement incoming.

All of my money! :p

Seriously, it'll be nice to get some new info on announced games, namely Mario 3D World.

A new Smash character reveal would be awesome too.

Dates for WWHD, ALBW, Layton 6, and Tropical Freeze would be nice.

Also news that the bad guy for 3D World is Wart.

I expect nothing new but it being a global one usually indicates some type of significant announcement. It could range from new Wii U features, added platforms to VC or a price drop announcement considering recent sales and the fact that the steady stream of Wii titles have begun to release with Pikmin 3. Wasn't the 3DS price drop announced a month before it occurred?

Nintendo Land 2 announcement incoming.

If it's as good as NintendoLand sign me the hell up.

I always thought that game would be perfect for updates including new expansions to the park.

Anyways, I'm hoping we'll see more on that Summer Update, as well as N64/GC (in theory)/GBA Virtual Console and some new titles to be rolled out for all of those this week.

Oh, and Mother 3 as the first title for GBA VC.

I can dream.

todog

Hopefully, they re-confirm Mario Golf World Tour for 3DS as a 2013 title. A firm release date would be great.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I expect nothing new but it being a global one usually indicates some type of significant announcement. It could range from new Wii U features, added platforms to VC or a price drop announcement considering recent sales and the fact that the steady stream of Wii titles have begun to release with Pikmin 3. Wasn't the 3DS price drop announced a month before it occurred?

Right I'm thinking we are going to see some sort of non-game announcement tomorrow. I could see a price drop announcement but given the usual lead time on those I don't see an obvious possibility given Pikmin 3 is out and Wind Waker isn't until late September/October.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely watching this. I hope they cover Smash Bros and some new footage of Mario Kart 8 / 3D World.

Plus something about Bravely Default, as the date being pushed to 2014 was painful.

Ein Bear

I'm going to keep by hype in check, and make a conservative guess: Master System/Mega Drive games on the Virtual Console.

CoolS

They're not even hyping these directs up anymore.

Next we'll be getting them the same day as they announce them lol.
They have always done that in recent times though, with the exceptionnof E3. I think 2 days before is always the earliest.

NotLiquid

Hasn't every Direct they've done, with the exception of the E3 Direct, typically been announced a day before airing?

This doesnt seem much different.

gngf123

We normally only get one or two days notice, this isn't that surprising.

We get more days when there is a big announcement. The pre-E3 direct was an exception.

New announcements or just updates?

"Watch a new #NintendoDirectNA on 8/7 at 7am PT for updates on #WiiU and Nintendo #3DS games launching this year. "
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...47733938085889

Read the actual announcement? :\

For the most part, they've been handling them like this for a while now. They have been announcing most of them within about a day...or in some cases that day.

Top Bottom