• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct WiiU/3DS @ 8/7 - NA: 7am PT, EU: 4pm CEST

Sadist

EU Direct predictions

- Summer Update details (turns into fall update lol)
- First batch of GBA VC titles revealed
- Wii U + WW HD bundle
- The Wonderful 101 blow out, with a Iwata's ask going live after the Direct
- SMT IV euro release
- Ace Attorney 5 will be a packaged release in EU (America goes like WAAAAATTTT)
- GAF will bitch
- Eatchildren will fly on rainycorn
- Iwata turns into the Hulk

BearChair

I assume the 3DS update yesterday that allows streetpassing through Nintendo Wi-Fi hotspots to get a lengthy explanation.

Maybe some release dates for the Mega Man GB games on 3DS.

Iwata: In order to reduce the price of the Wii U, we have reduced production costs by replacing all non-skill laborers with monkeys. Monkeys work for bananas, of which I have plenty

LAA

Damn it, I'll be gone all day tomorrow (Though hoping it'll be a good one!)

I think I'll expect some Wii U update news from this. Hopefully some unexpected features... (Come on purchases tied to accounts and achievements!)

As for 3DS...
Hopefully AA5 release date...? Maybe PL VS AA news? Maybe Azran legacy news..?

I dont have high expectations for much Wii U related news, which is disappointing really, but Nintendo have every possibility to pleasantly surprise me.
Only things that are in my head Wii U wise are perhaps a price drop/ambassador program news and the Wii U update news...
Other than that I suppose Wii U Fit/Wii U party(?) news, neither of which I care about.

They have always done that in recent times though, with the exceptionnof E3. I think 2 days before is always the earliest.

Hasn't every Direct they've done, with the exception of the E3 Direct, typically been announced a day before airing?

This doesnt seem much different.

We normally only get one or two days notice, this isn't that surprising.

We get more days when there is a big announcement. The pre-E3 direct was an exception.

I could've sworn the previous ones, except the one last month were announced at least 2 weeks before they happened.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping we'll get an update on Miiverse for the 3DS.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Read the actual announcement? :\

For the most part, they've been handling them like this for a while now. They have been announcing most of them within about a day...or in some cases that day.

Ah didn't notice that.

So just updates then, no surprises huh? :/

Save for the possible Pilotwings character in Smash I guess.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I could've sworn the previous ones, except the one last month were announced at least 2 weeks before they happened.

Nope. The only Direct ever announced more than a day or so in advance was the E3 one.

GulAtiCa

Nope. Outside of E3, very rare to get a ND heads up more then 2 days. I think some of the early ones from late 2011 were like that though.

CoolS

I assume the 3DS update yesterday that allows streetpassing through Nintendo Wi-Fi hotspots to get a lengthy explanation.

Maybe some release dates for the Mega Man GB games on 3DS.
Na we already had a lengthy explanation of that. In the mini direct if i remember correctly.

Sadist

Nope. The only Direct ever announced more than a day or so in advance was the E3 one.
... aaaaand the 3DS one with all the bombs including Zelda 3DS, Yoshi's New Island, Braverly Default for US/EU etc. That one was announced on Monday and the Direct was on wednesday.

Platy

Pokemon Red/Blue on 3ds VC as the first game of a new way of club nintendo :
2 3ds vc, 2 3ds ware, 2 wii vc and 2 wiiUvc each month

So that leak was true after all.
My body is ready!

What leak ? what ?

You can't just mention a leak and expect to everyone know !!!!

DON'T PLAY WITH MY HEART

schuelma

Don't the Directs that are both announced ahead of time and are worldwide generally contain at least one new announcement?

Yeah, which makes me think there will be some sort of non-game announcement. I expect another Direct next month with new game announcements.

These things never end well. I literally expect them to talk about W101 and maybe some 3DS stuff. I don't expect anything more. Hopefully it streams better than e3 direct.

Kouriozan

Please remind me the when was last Nintendo Direct without new announcement?
Yes, before 2013, now every normal direct (not mini) got some new announcements. And it's a Worldwide Direct too, there is still hope.
Price drop + Ambassador V2.0 incoming

duckroll

Yeah, which makes me think there will be some sort of non-game announcement. I expect another Direct next month with new game announcements.

The big Direct for announcements of new games for the next year is usually around Sept/Oct right? Generally around TGS iirc.

Frodo

OH SH*******T!!! I'm busy as f*** right now but

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!!!!!

nsC7jqf.gif

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!!!!!!

TDLink

The big Direct for announcements of new games for the next year is usually around Sept/Oct right? Generally around TGS iirc.

Yes. That is where Bayo 2 was announced last year. They have announced sin and Punishment 2 and punch out wii there in the past as well.

Kazerei

Banned
Yesss. Can't wait to see more of Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8. And hopefully we get some surprise VC announcements.

schuelma

Yup- IIRC usually the beginning to middle of September.

qko

Good Morning from Iwata- :30 seconds
Pikmin 3/Mario Dream Team Recap:5 minutes
Animal Crossing saves the 3DS recap:3minutes
Haul out Aounuma about WW: 5minutes
Iwata talks a bit about W101 promising more detailed info on a later Direct: 4 minutes
Pokemon Pokemon Pokemon: 5 minutes
Sizzle reel for WiiU fall/summer games we know from E3 with dates: 3 minutes
Sizzle reel for 3DS games for fall/winter plus one or two unannounced titles 3 minutes.

VC and Firmware updates is what this direct will really be about:
Details of 3DS streetpass relay update then talking about Miiverse on 3DS: 2minutes
Details on summer update now fall update + eshop shopping on PC and smartphones: 2minutes
GBA and N64 VC launches in October, sizzle reel showing some of those games plus extension of 30 cent sale, Wii U only: 2minutes
"Pay $1.00 for 3DS/Wii U cross play" program announced, can play NES and GBA VC on 3DS, can play Game Boy and Game Gear games on Wii U: 2 minutes.
Hype train explodes
Wii U price drop: further details in localized portion later part of direct starts at end of August worldwide and Basic dropped. Premium sole SKU in black or white. 2 minutes
Wii Fit U, Wii Party U this year, unveiling of Wii Sports Resort U. Included all games in Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort. February 2014 3 minutes

CHALLENGER INCOMING: Bayonetta and Mii. Bayo level is moving level and WuHu Island shown as new level. 1 minute.

Thank you from Mr. Iwata off to Trinen and Reggie/ Shibata

Recap of E3/ Best Buy Promo/Gamescom plans: 1 minute
Details of Price drop: 2 minutes
Third parties are coming! We promise! Reel: 1 minute.
One last thing: Kirby F2P for Wii U coming November.

All aboard the Hype Train!!!!

.Anema

awwwwww yeaaaaah
Zelda U! Wii U Price Drop! Metroid Prime 4!! Mario Universe!!!
c'mon nintendoooooooooo!!!!!

afoni

Banned
One big announcement, Pikmin 3 DLC details, Smash character reveal, new Pokemon revealed.

Keeping my expectations FUCKIN' LOW.

Top Bottom