• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2013

I saw in the PSN thread that there is an Injustice demo this week. Anyone know if the Wii U will be getting the demo as well?

Guess not :( That's crummy

The free demo for Injustice: Gods Among Us will feature Batman, Wonder Woman, and Lex Luthor, battling in the Gotham City arena.

Grab the demo beginning April 2 on PlayStation Network (America), and April 3 on PlayStation Network (Europe) and Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

StayDead

To anyone with a Japanese 3DS, Club Nintendo Japan are doing a promotion where if you do a survey for a game (certain games only, I think it's the retail download games) you've purchased off of the eShop from now to the middle of June, you get a 500 prepaid point card for free to use on any of their shops. I just redeemed mine for Luigi's Mansion 2 ^^

JavyOO7

If Puddle also gets a discount in North America I might get it.

So escapeVektor should also be on sale this Thursday and Toki Tori 2 is also coming out on Thursday with a discount. And Harmo Knight recently came out.

Damn boi...

dwu8991

Banned
If Puddle also gets a discount in North America I might get it.

So escapeVektor should also be on sale this Thursday and Toki Tori 2 is also coming out on Thursday with a discount. And Harmo Knight recently came out.

Damn boi...

You should get puddle, GET IT !

donny2112

Just FYI, I noticed Lego City is listed in the OP as $29.99, but in the eShop it's $39.99.

I really hope the recent trend for cheaper 3DS games eventually makes its way over to the eShop. Would stink so bad for Animal Crossing to be $35 in all the stores, and $40 on the eShop. :(

Hale-XF11

I really hope the recent trend for cheaper 3DS games eventually makes its way over to the eShop. Would stink so bad for Animal Crossing to be $35 in all the stores, and $40 on the eShop. :(

Yeah, I hear ya. As someone who's trying to go all digital, I find it very disconcerting that I can easily pre-order a physical copy of Lego City for $29.99 at Amazon at this very moment, but it's listed at $10 more in the eShop. I don't get it.

serplux

I recall Pokemon Rumble Blast being $35 on both retail and eShop.

Not that I disagree, however I think now would be an opportune moment to remind everyone that you can use DDP codes in the 3DS eShop!

I'm honestly at the point where I have more to play than I can handle. I know some weeks its slow and different people's situations will be different but I think I'm in a comfortable spot eStore wise atm which is great. :D

BriBri

For 4/10 on the Japanese 3DS VC:

Sky Kid - Famicom - 500 yen
Ripple Island - Famicom - 500 yen
Meh, nothing for me, although just got the Guild02 series to play

On a side note, do you know where I can pre-order the pre-paid eShop character cards? Thanks.

serplux

Meh, nothing for me, although just got the Guild02 series to play

On a side note, do you know where I can pre-order the pre-paid eShop character cards? Thanks.

The more important thing is that Japan already has 57 NES VC games on the 3DS. If they keep adding two per week, which is the rate they've been adding them for a number of months now, until they reach 148 (amount of Wii NES VC games), it will only take them 45.5 weeks until they have to put out new stuff, which hopefully means SNES/GBA games!

Yes, I'm dreadfully over optimistic.

hongcha

The more important thing is that Japan already has 57 NES VC games on the 3DS. If they keep adding two per week, which is the rate they've been adding them for a number of months now, until they reach 148 (amount of Wii NES VC games),

One thing to keep in mind: some of the Famicom games on the 3DS VC, such as Mega Man 6, were never released on the Wii VC, so when they hit 148 it won't be the exact same list of games as on the Wii VC.

serplux

One thing to keep in mind: some of the Famicom games on the 3DS VC, such as Mega Man 6, were never released on the Wii VC, so when they hit 148 it won't be the exact same list of games as on the Wii VC.

I'm counting on Nintendo not to be able to get some of licenses for the VC games on the Wii for the 3DS VC. I figure that'll balance it out, more or less.

So... with Harvest Moon (GBC), do I hoe ALL the things, or just patches? Spent ages clearing my farm of debris, that was fun.

Also, if anyone feels like some Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D sometime, drop me a PM.

BriBri

How is Spaceship Damrey if I may ask?
It's the only one of the three I haven't played yet! I'm back from my Mum's for Easter from tomorrow and have forgotten my charger so will play/review then and post thoughts and feedback here!

The Monsters game is really fun from an hour in although I can't understand the card game thingy. The Insect game was good for a quick blast as I love ants, but am really awful at it, would probably play better with the Circle Pad Pro if it is indeed compatible.

Glass Rebel

It's the only one of the three I haven't plaid yet! I'm back from my Mum's for Easter from tomorrow and have forgotten my charger so will play/review then and post thoughts and feedback here!

The Monsters game is really fun from an hour in although I can't understand the card game thingy. The Insect game was good for a quick blast as I love ants, but am really awful at it, would probably play better with the Circle Pad Pro if it is indeed compatible.

Nice, I hope Damrey is good and they all make it over, although I'm not that optimistic about the monsters game.

zigg

Just FYI, I noticed Lego City is listed in the OP as $29.99, but in the eShop it's $39.99.
I've been watching the physical release and GameStop just today dropped their price from $40 to $32 (???) I think this one is still in flux. Hopefully it gets sorted out by release date.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Forgot to add about the Mercenaries online stuff, mine is
4854 6463 7359
but you're welcome to add me for any games really. I've added you back Colonel Mustard!

Swap Notes take too long to delete to be worth the effort. I just let them delete themselves.

Ohhh... How do I do that?

Roto13

Forgot to add about the Mercenaries online stuff, mine is
4854 6463 7359
but you're welcome to add me for any games really. I've added you back Colonel Mustard!

Ohhh... How do I do that?

It just starts happening automatically once you reach 3000 notes.

Hale-XF11

I've been watching the physical release and GameStop just today dropped their price from $40 to $32 (???) I think this one is still in flux. Hopefully it gets sorted out by release date.

Makes me wonder what the chances are of us being able to get a retail download code at the lower price. Gonna have to keep my eyes peeled.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Toki Tori 2 here I commmme.

What games does TT2 compare to? It looks great but have no idea what to expect.

id2EIGcfkCgaB.png

Tenki

Since Code of Princess isn't coming retail here in Europe (I wanted the OST and the artbook ;_;) I've bought it from the eShop. Let's see how it is.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I really wish Oracle of Seasons and Ages will come sooner. I only completed Seasons and I lost my copy of Ages.

By the way... Which is better? Seasons or Ages?

serplux

I really wish Oracle of Seasons and Ages will come sooner. I only completed Seasons and I lost my copy of Ages.

Sages. :D

Honestly depends. They're both excellent games, but Seasons is puzzle-focused while Ages is more action-focused. I personally prefer Seasons.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

I thought seasons was much more enjoyable, but it's been a while.

I also wouldn't mind if those two came out.

Javier

Just curious, but does the Password system in the Oracle games work so that you can play one game on an original GBC and then the other one on 3DS?

Doczu

Just curious, but does the Password system in the Oracle games work so that you can play one game on an original GBC and then the other one on 3DS?

They're just emulated games, so the passwords should be compatible between platforms.

DenisQc

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - APR. 4, 2013

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U™
Toki Tori 2 – Toki Tori 2 is a puzzle adventure game in which you explore a lush forest island inhabited by strange creatures. Whistle and stomp to influence their behavior and solve the puzzles. Toki Tori 2 launches with an introductory sale price of $13.49 through April 19, and then will be available for the regular price of $14.99.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™
Castlevania® – Take arms as Simon Belmont as you make your way through six monstrous floors filled with bats, ghosts, zombies and every kind of ghoulish creature imaginable. Use the legendary whip and a host of deadly weapons to battle your way to Dracula's chamber in this timeless classic that started it all.

Colors! 3D Update Available April 5
A major Colors! 3D update on April 5 will deliver a wealth of new features: Follow your favorite artists, participate in painting challenges, and tag and search paintings.

Nintendo eShop Sale – escapeVektor™
Vektor has been imprisoned inside the CPU and he needs your help to escape. For a limited time, download escapeVektor from the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS at a discounted price of $4.99.

Also new this week:
• Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove™ 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• NAM-1975 (Virtual Console on Wii)
• New DLC: Pokémon™ Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (For Nintendo 3DS)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://news2know.net/nintendo/downloadf3mVqk24.php.

zroid

Banned
Oh nice, Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove. I was sorta interested in that, looked pretty cute. If the price is right, I may just download.

daxy

I wonder how late the EU update will be this week. For once, I'm away from my 3DS, so can't tell myself.

The news post on the eShop was put up about 30 minutes ago, but no sign of the actual games yet :U

That Witch x Something game looks interesting.
Thought of picking up Harvest Moon GBC, but I've got a copy of Rune Factory around here somewhere. I'm thinking that'll scratch that itch a bit better.

£1.50 off Toki Tori 2, they be spoiling us!

I need some user reviews. The dev guys on Miiverse have been really proactive marketing it, if its good, I'd like to buy

Top Bottom