• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2013

You're thinking of Vector Racing, which kinda sucks.

escapeVektor is like Tron meets Pacman with an amazing sound track. It's awesome! Really worth $4. It has online leaderboards and everything. Secretly one of the eShop's best games.

Get it.

I think its $5 but its looks great, might pick this up and Castlevania.

If it's any consolation, the VC is launching this month on Wii U. Hopefully they'll handle it better than the monkeys handling the 3DS one.

Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove 3D is really cute. Plays like an EBA clone, but great cutesy/monster aesthetic, and customizeable/unlockable costumes/hair colour/eyes lol. And has a vampire who is afraid of heights so he won't fly, drinks tomato juice because it's more nutritious than blood, and he says OY VEY ;)

gundalf

First 2 Levels of Witch and Hero

Witch and Hero is something i would call an Quick-RPG.
You Fight by bumping into Enemies, the Equipment determines how much Damage you do and receive with each Bump.
The Levels are just Arenas and ends with an Boss Fight, but watch out, once the Boss is dead the Level Ends, so better collect all Coins and Treasures before!
Outside the Fights you can spent your Money on Equipment and Spells, if you beat the Game you can unlock an Endless mode, i think there is also a Challenge mode.
Downside; the Art style and music is kinda dull but it's still tolerable and tries to be cute.

So far this is all i can say from playing the first two Levels, for just 4€ you get definitely a good game with fun and quick Gameplay.

backlot

You Fight by bumping into Enemies, the Equipment determines how much Damage you do and receive with each Bump.
The Levels are just Arenas and ends with an Boss Fight, but watch out, once the Boss is dead the Level Ends, so better collect all Coins and Treasures before!
Outside the Fights you can spent your Money on Equipment and Spells, if you beat the Game you can unlock an Endless mode, i think there is also a Challenge mode.
Downside; the Art style and music is kinda dull but it's still tolerable and tries to be cute.

So far this is all i can say from playing the first two Levels, for just 4€ you get definitely a good game with fun and quick Gameplay.
It kind of reminds me of the Knight mode in Half-Minute Hero.

llehuty

Thanks for the info. I was going to get escapeVektor, but now I'm not sure... Probably going to take advantage of EV sale and get Witch and Hero in a couple of weeks.

Right now I'm praying for Runner 2 this month in Europe. Still don't get why there isn't a release date...

AkiraGr

Banned
Hey guys I downloaded yesterday Code of Princess from the PAL e-shop on 3DS, I tried to find a topic about the game but couldn't find anything so I will post my thoughts on the game here.

My oh my this is what exactly I was craving for a long time, a spiritual successor of the Guardian Heroes franchise. This game rocks, is awesome and it's over the top just the way I like my videogames. The characters are all full of charm and the humor in the game is a parody on RPG games in general, love it. Too bad this is download only in Europe I would prefer a special edition with this figure inside.

43header.jpg

I totally recommend this title to all who love old school brawlers with RPG elements, it has a huge cast of characters every one is a different class with unique battle system. ALSO CO-OP and VS mode ONLINE!!!

This is a trailer for the title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlAflwZ9bm4

PAL GAF buy it now or Zozo will cast a hex on you!!!

daxy

That game sure has top notch character design :>

Really want to play it myself, but I read it's got issues with its frame rate. Don't expect to be doing multiplayer where supposedly it's most prevalent though. I'd rather they sacrifice IQ over frame rate, but oh well. Is it still worth getting if that kind of thing bugs me?

You're thinking of Vector Racing, which kinda sucks.

escapeVektor is like Tron meets Pacman with an amazing sound track. It's awesome! Really worth $4. It has online leaderboards and everything. Secretly one of the eShop's best games.

Get it.

Its a good game but the the camera really does cause problems. Yeah you can zoom out but you need to hold a button down while @ the same time concentrate on using the Control stick or d-pad.

There really should have been an actual option to zoom the camera out.

AkiraGr

Banned

Really want to play it myself, but I read it's got issues with its frame rate. Don't expect to be doing multiplayer where supposedly it's most prevalent though. I'd rather they sacrifice IQ over frame rate, but oh well. Is it still worth getting if that kind of thing bugs me?

Yes it has framerate issues but nothing that is game breaking, it runs very good and the action is top notch with many enemies on screen-spells-special moves at the same time, I haven't played multiplayer yet but if the game runs smooth most of the time with some dips with 15-20 enemies on screen that shouldn't be a problem.

Also at first the characters are slow because of the speed stat on the characters is low, as you level up your character becomes very quick and the combos are more easy to perform. The game it is not slow you character is at first :p.

I fully enjoy it right now join the code of princess world you won't regret it.

rjc571

Banned

Yes it has framerate issues but nothing that is game breaking, it runs very good and the action is top notch with many enemies on screen-spells-special moves at the same time, I haven't played multiplayer yet but if the game runs smooth with some dips with 15-20 enemies on screen that shouldn't be a problem.

Also at first the characters are slow because of the speed stat on the characters is low, as you level up your character becomes very quick and the combos are more easy to perform. The game it is not slow you character is at first :p.

I fully enjoy it right now join the code of princess world you won't regret it.

It's an absolute slide show during a number of battles (most notably the final boss fight). I don't regret buying it but the framerate really hurt the game in my eyes -- brought it down from maybe a 9 to a 7. The framerate is an even bigger issue in 3D, so don't even bother playing it with 3D enabled.

M3d10n

It's an absolute slide show during a number of battles (most notably the final boss fight). I don't regret buying it but the framerate really hurt the game in my eyes -- brought it down from maybe a 9 to a 7. The framerate is an even bigger issue in 3D, so don't even bother playing it with 3D enabled.

Yeah, love the game but the slowdowns... ugh. The fact the slowdowns are even worse in 3D are salt to the wounds because in 3D it's much easier to understand what's going on when battles become too hectic.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Hey guys I downloaded yesterday Code of Princess from the PAL e-shop on 3DS, I tried to find a topic about the game but couldn't find anything so I will post my thoughts on the game here.

My oh my this is what exactly I was craving for a long time, a spiritual successor of the Guardian Heroes franchise. This game rocks, is awesome and it's over the top just the way I like my videogames. The characters are all full of charm and the humor in the game is a parody on RPG games in general, love it. Too bad this is download only in Europe I would prefer a special edition with this figure inside.

I totally recommend this title to all who love old school brawlers with RPG elements, it has a huge cast of characters every one is a different class with unique battle system. ALSO CO-OP and VS mode ONLINE!!!

This is a trailer for the title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlAflwZ9bm4

PAL GAF buy it now or Zozo will cast a hex on you!!!

This game is certainly on my radar, but I have to say that the design of this character (edited out for ease of scrolling but also on grounds of taste) really puts me off it. I think I'll wait - if it drops in price then great, if not I haven't missed out.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad (D4 Enterprise | Neo Geo | 900 Points) Latest release!

Oh shit ST2?!
One of the best Neo-Geo games out there and possibly the best vertical run and gun game ever.
And it's 50hz so I can't buy it... sob :(

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
gibkz.png

Nintendo 3DS

• 5.1.0-11 System Software - April 4, 2013 Latest release!

Version 5.1.0-11U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:

Resolves an issue that may prevent access to the System Settings or other features.

Some users received an error during the system update and were then unable to access the System Settings, Nintendo eShop, or Game Notes. This update prevents this from occurring again. If you are currently experiencing this error, please click here for related troubleshooting.

BriBri

How is Spaceship Damrey if I may ask?
I finally played it and I haven't got a clue what to do! I'm literally in a room and have like an old Spectrum computer with commands (in English!) and I have no idea what to do. LIGHT turns the light on, OPEN does not open the door, and there's a few more. I guess I'll give it a ?/5 score until someone can either help me or the English version comes out!

Hale-XF11

Just updated Colors! 3D. Works fine so far. I was really hoping though that the amount of paintings you can view in a gallery wouldn't still be limited. Should have just paginated them all, so you can view everything that's been uploaded.

I finally played it and I haven't got a clue what to do! I'm literally in a room and have like an old Spectrum computer with commands (in English!) and I have no idea what to do. LIGHT turns the light on, OPEN does not open the door, and there's a few more. I guess I'll give it a ?/5 score until someone can either help me or the English version comes out!

Haha, sounds like the language barrier is a bit to steep then :) Thanks for replying though.

Roto13

Never played Pushmo or Crashmo. I need to get these. By the way is their any downloable content in these games like how Layton had daily puzzles?

Both have a puzzle editor that lets you import puzzles by scanning QR codes. Crashmo has SpotPass functionality that occasionally sends (or sent?) out "official" QR code puzzles. You can just scan them from the internet if you missed them, though.

I've been playing CrashMo recently, and I'm finding it more addictive than PushMo (which I finally finished all the main puzzles). Not sure why, but CrashMo makes me say "One more!" more than PushMo.

Roto13

Colors 3D update is up. Adds all kinds of new features. Finally makes the gallery easier to browse with more categories and a search function.

Birathen

If it's any consolation, the VC is launching this month on Wii U. Hopefully they'll handle it better than the monkeys handling the 3DS one.

What? The actual VC thingie-more then one VC game a month-thingie? That would be a massive blow to my wallet :( :) :p :0

Yeah, love the game but the slowdowns... ugh. The fact the slowdowns are even worse in 3D are salt to the wounds because in 3D it's much easier to understand what's going on when battles become too hectic.
I don't mind the slowdown, it's actually better than Guardian Heroes was in that regard.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So its been some time since my last eShop purchase aka the wonderful Gunman Clive. I am looking for a meatier experience, preferable an RPG. Still havent bought DenpaMen or Crimson Shroud. I really liked the DenpaMen Demo but haven't purchased it since i though i could just wait for the by then already announced sequel, is it still wort the money or should i just wait for the new iteration ? How long does a play through take with both of the titles ?

Crimson Shroud has been getting a lot of praise, but i am not the biggest tablet-top rpg fan and it kinda looks bad in some screen i`ve seen coupled with ridiculous battle animations. How big is the emphasis on story and characters ? This would probably be the main reason to give Crimson Shroud a chance.

So....which one will and should it be ?

daxy

So its been some time since my last eShop purchase aka the wonderful Gunman Clive. I am looking for a meatier experience, preferable an RPG. Still havent bought DenpaMen or Crimson Shroud. I really liked the DenpaMen Demo but haven't purchased it since i though i could just wait for the by then already announced sequel, is it still wort the money or should i just wait for the new iteration ? How long does a play through take with both of the titles ?

Crimson Shroud has been getting a lot of praise, but i am not the biggest tablet-top rpg fan and it kinda looks bad in some screen i`ve seen coupled with ridiculous battle animations. How big is the emphasis on story and characters ? This would probably be the main reason to give Crimson Shroud a chance.

So....which one will and should it be ?

For Crimson Shroud, there's a good amount of story and it's all written really well, as far as video game writing goes anyway. Really has character to it. Not the typical coming of age, sad hero JRPG nonsense. Alexander O. Smith worked on the localization and did a stand up job if you ask me. You can occasionally pick a dialogue choice but it doesn't really seem to affect the way the story plays out from what I experienced. Not entirely sure, but definitely no Mass Effect.

The combat mechanics are really deep and fun in and of itself for a change, which is good because when you're not in a dialogue/narrative scene, you're pretty much fighting dudes all the time. The dice roll stuff is pretty fun. Instead of it happening behind the scenes, you're doing it yourself which is pretty neat and adds a dynamic layer to even the more basic stuff. Apart from that it's relatively standard turn-based battle fare.

Haven't finished it, but I hear it's around eight or so hours and it has a new game+, if you're into that.

Played the Denpa Men demo and something about it just didn't click with me. Perhaps it's not representative of the full game, but the combat was pretty lackluster and without an interesting story or overworld there's not much else to find enjoyment in. I hear people really liked it though, so don't take my word for it.

Go319

Hey guys,

I have a balance of about 2000 Wii Shop points, does anyone know if i should use them or if anything exciting still remains to be released on the Wii store?

Or is it all but dead and Wii U only now?

thx!

Hey guys,

I have a balance of about 2000 Wii Shop points, does anyone know if i should use them or if anything exciting still remains to be released on the Wii store?

thx!

I have about the same. I'm waiting to see what games they bring out on the Wii-U VC so I can hopefully buy them with the points and convert them over for the $1 fee.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Hey guys,

thx!

It seems about the only major things still getting released on the original Wii shop are NeoGeo games - they are doing a pretty good job tearing through the better titles and folks are hoping Garou Mark of the Wolves is coming soon.

Besides NG virtual console though, I can't imagine there's a lot left to come.

Top Bottom