• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2013

JavyOO7

Did anything else get discounted in EU after OoT?

I got this from here:

current discounts
Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition - €4.99 (was €9.99) / £4.49 (was £8.99), discounted until 28th February
Tank! Tank! Tank! - My Kong Mode - €1.99 (will be €9.99) / £1.59 (will be £7.99), discounted until 28th February
Trine 2: Director's Cut - €12.49 (was €16.99) / £9.99 (was £13.99)), discounted until 7th March probably
F-Zero - €0.30 (will be €7.99?) / £0.30 (will be £5.39), discounted until 21st March
Wii Street U - free

permanent discounts
Little Inferno - €9.99 / £8.99

K' Dash

Don't worry about it, people change their regions for this all the time. The Canadian eShop in particular is useful for importers since it accepts international credit cards, unlike the US eShop.

You change the 3DS region in the settings, yeah

v yep, 3DS. (I haven't heard about Wii U specifically, but I would assume it's a similar situation)

I'll take your word, I'm from Costa Rica and when I tried to buy something for my 3DS it gives me an error, if the Canadian shop will take my card I shouldn't have any problem, I'll try later with something cheap.

Roto13

Is there a way to see all my purchases in the 3DS eShop? And what happens if I delete a game and want to re-download it?

There's a purchase history in the eShop, and you can redownload anything you own as often as you want, but save data is tied to the game files so deleting a game also deletes your save for it.

Glass Rebel

There's a purchase history in the eShop, and you can redownload anything you own as often as you want, but save data is tied to the game files so deleting a game also deletes your save for it.

Haha, I didn't notice that you could scroll in the settings. Cheers!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Is there a way to see all my purchases in the 3DS eShop? And what happens if I delete a game and want to re-download it?
There's a way to see all your purchases, and all purchases on the console (not just yours), likewise for DLC.

DaBoss

I change my 3ds region settings all the time from brazil to the US depending on what I want to get. There's zero issues about it other than not being able to share the wallet, games play fine regardless of what region your 3ds is on

just change it at settings

So purchases you made with another region's settings remain intact, like you can access it?

also

Banned
So purchases you made with another region's settings remain intact, like you can access it?

You can play any game you downloaded regardless of you current region settings, but to redownload it you may have to switch to the region you originally bought it in.

I download Wario Land from UK's eShop and change my region to Italy --> I can play the game and redownload it from the eShop
I download Professor Layton on the UK eShop and change my 3DS to Italy--> I can play the game but I can't redownload it because the Italian version is different (different language). If I want to redownload it I have to change my region to UK.

DaBoss

You can play any game you downloaded regardless of you current region settings, but to redownload it you may have to switch to the region you originally bought it in.

I download Wario Land from UK's eShop and change my region to Italy --> I can play the game and redownload it from the eShop
I download Professor Layton on the UK eShop and change my 3DS to Italy--> I can play the game but I can't redownload it because the Italian version is different (different language). If I want to redownload it I have to change my region to UK.

That's something good to know. What about Club Nintendo? Is that information intact?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nah, Shantae DSi is too expensive for what it offers while MSF was a good deal at its initial price and only got better when they added the free expansion.

Shantae isn't bad either it just needed a whole bunch more and I hope that comes across when they make the upcoming 3DS version.

@MUWANdo

Banned
MSF was a good deal at its initial price and only got better when they added the free expansion.

MSF was way too short at launch and I don't think they added enough extra content later to justify the price. I mean, it's only a couple dollars less than the Mighty! games for DSiWare and those games had a ton more content. $6 is about right for the HD version but I still think it's a bit much for the original.

MSF2... eh, I'd rather a new, original Mighty! game.

serplux

MSF was way too short at launch and I don't think they added enough extra content later to justify the price. I mean, it's only a couple dollars less than the Mighty! games for DSiWare and those games had a ton more content. $6 is about right for the HD version but I still think it's a bit much for the original.

MSF2... eh, I'd rather a new, original Mighty! game.

I loved the original concept for MSF. They either need to add more levels and it a longer puzzle-platformer or make it a Metroidvania.

Also, according to this the game is going to feature Patricia Wagon but she's taking a leave from cop work.

rjc571

Banned
I think Mighty Flip Champs is still the best downloadable game that Wayforward has put out. It had an extremely novel concept going for it, and the puzzles did an excellent job exploring the depth of the page flipping mechanic.

JavyOO7

I am playing through MSF HD edition right now and got PAR in the first five incidents. Man, the music is awesome. So I wondered who did the music and it turned out to be Virt... all I know from him is that he did awesome OCReMix stuff a long time ago and then he had his own remix site for a while. No wonder the music is so great for MSF.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I am playing through MSF HD edition right now and got PAR in the first five incidents. Man, the music is awesome. So I wondered who did the music and it turned out to be Virt... all I know from him is that he did awesome OCReMix stuff a long time ago and then he had his own remix site for a while. No wonder the music is so great for MSF.

Virt works at Wayforward now and is responsible for the music in most of their big games--Shantae, Contra 4, Double Dragon Neon, the Mighty! games, etc. Many of his OSTs are available on his Bandcamp page on a pay-what-you-want basis, too.

daripad

Sonic racing for the 3DS runs like shit in the demo, felt like an IOS game, extremely horrible framerate. Is it like that in the full game?

Also Monster Hunter demo is great, might buy it when I get Luigi's Mansion

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
First impressions of MSF are I'm glad I got it for $5 instead of $10. It plays fine, but I thought it would be more like Mega Man, or something. Does it evolve past the collection gameplay at all later?

Mileena

Banned
Glad I didn't hop on MSF just because it was $5. Didn't think I'd like it and the mixed reactions here put me off. Is there a demo?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Virt's so good. Really dig the MSF and Double Dragon Neon soundtracks. Glad he's doing the MSF 2 soundtrack as well.

wondermega

MSF is great; interested in a sequel. Would be SUPER pleased if they made it a more straightforward action game with the same aesthetics and style (the 3D effect is absolutely excellent in this game!) but I won't hold my breath.

Also, waiting patiently for that Castlevania demo here in NA

backlot

First impressions of MSF are I'm glad I got it for $5 instead of $10. It plays fine, but I thought it would be more like Mega Man, or something. Does it evolve past the collection gameplay at all later?

The game is really more of a puzzle platformer than an action game like Mega Man. Any substance you find from the game is going to be from trying to beat par times.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The game is really more of a puzzle platformer than an action game like Mega Man. Any substance you find from the game is going to be from trying to beat par times.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of that genre, didn't like Fez or Braid either. I don't regret buying it, but it hasn't met my expectations.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking of getting a new SD card for my 3DS, I've only got the base 2GB one. I saw a cheap 32GB for $20 on Amazon with a Class 4 speed. I want to know should I try to get a faster speed, or is is pretty trivial when it comes to the transfer speed with games?

Also, is it fairly easy to transfer all the stuff from one card to another? Will I lose any serious data?

And to stay more on topic, I really wish Dillon's Rolling Western was on sale. It seems like something I'd enjoy, but not for it's current price. Also, can't wait for the Oracle games to hit NA.

serplux

I'm thinking of getting a new SD card for my 3DS, I've only got the base 2GB one. I saw a cheap 32GB for $20 on Amazon with a Class 4 speed. I want to know should I try to get a faster speed, or is is pretty trivial when it comes to the transfer speed with games?

Also, is it fairly easy to transfer all the stuff from one card to another? Will I lose any serious data?

And to stay more on topic, I really wish Dillon's Rolling Western was on sale. It seems like something I'd enjoy, but not for it's current price. Also, can't wait for the Oracle games to hit NA.

It's trivial, the speed classes only really matter for cameras and the like. Games load just as fast no matter what card you're using. Also, I'd expect the Oracle games to hit sometime next month or in April.

RaidenZR

If it's any consolation or motivation, Dillon's has a lot of content to offer. It's a pretty sizeable game with a lot of challenges.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

1. I recently upgraded to a 16gb card that is class 10, from a 4gb class 4 card. While it may be a placebo effect, refreshing the home screen seems faster, as does launching programs stored on the SD card. But as others say, it's not a big deal.

2. You should be able to simply copy every folder on the current card to a PC and copy them back to the new card, then reinsert into the 3DS. Nothing is hidden or locked to the SD card itself.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
1. I recently upgraded to a 16gb card that is class 10, from a 4gb class 4 card. While it may be a placebo effect, refreshing the home screen seems faster, as does launching programs stored on the SD card. But as others say, it's not a big deal.

2. You should be able to simply copy every folder on the current card to a PC and copy them back to the new card, then reinsert into the 3DS. Nothing is hidden or locked to the SD card itself.

If it's any consolation or motivation, Dillon's has a lot of content to offer. It's a pretty sizeable game with a lot of challenges.

It's trivial, the speed classes only really matter for cameras and the like. Games load just as fast no matter what card you're using. Also, I'd expect the Oracle games to hit sometime next month or in April.

Cool, thanks for the help, guys.

zroid

Banned
Well it already says Feb 26 on the Wii U eShop's info page for Runner 2, so I think that's close to a lock. Unless something goes wrong in the eleventh hour.

Since Shin'en announced Nano Assault was coming to the Japanese Wii U shop on the 28th, has anything been confirmed? Really looking forward to it...

@MUWANdo

Banned
Since Shin'en announced Nano Assault was coming to the Japanese Wii U shop on the 28th, has anything been confirmed? Really looking forward to it...

I'd imagine they got that info from the publisher, seeing as they're not publishing it themselves. I think Arc System Works was named as the publisher, might wanna check their site or something.

Picked up Trine 2 and Mighty Switch Force on sale. It's nice to see Nintendo finally respond to the sales their competitors have routinely put on for years. I own both of the above games on different platforms (PS3 and 3DS) and without a sale I never would have double dipped, but I'm glad to have the excuse now. Too bad it seems like they're artificially throttling VC releases again, for a second generation running. Seems incredibly short sighted, especially when retail releases are so few and far between and a full library is already available on Wii. By the time they get around to releasing half the stuff people are going to be completely disinterested. Checking all the time for a meager release or two, especially when many of them are fairly underwhelming picks, is pretty demotivating. Guess Nintendo doesn't like easy pickings. :(

Picked up Trine 2 and Mighty Switch Force on sale. It's nice to see Nintendo finally respond to the sales their competitors have routinely put on for years. I own both of the above games on different platforms (PS3 and 3DS) and without a sale I never would have double dipped, but I'm glad to have the excuse now. Too bad it seems like they're artificially throttling VC releases again, for a second generation running. Seems incredibly short sighted, especially when retail releases are so few and far between and a full library is already available on Wii. By the time they get around to releasing half the stuff people are going to be completely disinterested. Checking all the time for a meager release or two, especially when many of them are fairly underwhelming picks, is pretty demotivating. Guess Nintendo doesn't like easy pickings. :(
Pretty much. Even on the 3DS, it's still weird. I mean, I am grateful for some of the stuff we are finally getting, like the Mega Man games, but as far as Nintendo's own stuff is concerned, well...
dream_land_2jad24.png

Why, NOA? Why? :( Over a year since it came out on the Japanese VC, and it's still not on the North American VC yet? What's the holdup? :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I own MSF and have only played the demos for Double Dragon Neon / Bloodrayne Betrayal, but both of those seem much more substantial to me.

DDN is probably number two in my book but Bloodrayne is downright AWFUL and probably their worst title released to date.

Top Bottom