• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2013

Anyone have any idea until when those Ubisoft games will be on sale on the eshop? Which do you guys recommend more, Zombie U or Assassins Creed 3? Also, which external HDD do you guys use or recommend? Ideal storage amount? Im already down to 17GB free on my Wii U

zroid

Banned
Wii U demos downloaded in about 5 mins each.

Kind of a weird post here but I have a 50 Canadian Wii U/3DS card that I can't use (I have American systems). When I try to redeem it says that it is the wrong country code so I think it works.

If a Canadian here wants it, I will give it away for 30 bucks US. I will let you activate it first to make sure and if its good, Paypal me the money.

Any takers?

I wouldn't mind taking you up on that, but yeah, you can -definitely- change your 3DS region and use it on the Canadian eShop, and I'm assuming you can do the same with Wii U.

oatmeal

Banned
I wouldn't mind taking you up on that, but yeah, you can -definitely- change your 3DS region and use it on the Canadian eShop, and I'm assuming you can do the same with Wii U.
How do I change region on 3DS? Just in settings or in eshop?

I guess I can try it but I'd rather just get the 30 usd if possible.

zroid

Banned
It gave me some warning and I didn't want to arse around with it.

I didn't buy it, so I'm not concerned if I get the full thing. I'm not even sure it works.

Don't worry about it, people change their regions for this all the time. The Canadian eShop in particular is useful for importers since it accepts international credit cards, unlike the US eShop.

You change the 3DS region in the settings, yeah

v yep, 3DS. (I haven't heard about Wii U specifically, but I would assume it's a similar situation)

Boney

Banned
Are you talking 3DS?

I change my 3ds region settings all the time from brazil to the US depending on what I want to get. There's zero issues about it other than not being able to share the wallet, games play fine regardless of what region your 3ds is on

just change it at settings

oatmeal

Banned
I change my 3ds region settings all the time from brazil to the US depending on what I want to get. There's zero issues about it other than not being able to share the wallet, games play fine regardless of what region your 3ds is on

just change it at settings
Gotcha. May have potential buyer.

He has the code. It's in gods hands now.

Thanks for the tips though guys!

Javier

v yep, 3DS. (I haven't heard about Wii U specifically, but I would assume it's a similar situation)
Wii U is unfortunately not so easy. You can change the Country on Console Settings, but when you create a NNID account, you choose a country and it's locked to it forever. I.E. if you create a NNID for the U.S. and the console is set to Canada, you won't be able to access the eShop.

What you can do, however, is create different NNIDs with different countries on the same console, and buy from each account to your convenience. Rather annoying, but it can be done.

zroid

Banned
Wii U is unfortunately not so easy. You can change the Country on Console Settings, but when you create a NNID account, you choose a country and it's locked to it forever. I.E. if you create a NNID for the U.S. and the console is et to Canada, you won't be able to access the eShop.

What you can do, however, is create different NNIDs with different countries on the same console, and buy from each account to your convenience. Rather annoying, but it can be done.

Ahh, I see. So it's like the other consoles, lol. Except without the benefits of real portable accounts! :p

Hale-XF11

Uggggggh, just played the Sonic Racing demo for 3DS. It's jenky as fuck. Not only does the framerate dip considerably, but it literally stops and stutters in some spots. Absolutely awful. :(((

oatmeal

Banned
Just bought Zombi U. I already own the physical copy. Wanted the digital so I could get club Nintendo points.

Listed the physical on Craigslist.

apotema

Wii U is unfortunately not so easy. You can change the Country on Console Settings, but when you create a NNID account, you choose a country and it's locked to it forever. I.E. if you create a NNID for the U.S. and the console is set to Canada, you won't be able to access the eShop.

I have done this... and add a 3rd account (Mexican account). It's really annoying having to remember where do you have funds in which account do you have a redeemable code, etc...

Oddduck

"Dusty: Raging Fist" is announced for Wii U eShop. It's a prequel to "Dusty Revenge" and the gameplay is like Streets of Rage/Double Dragon mixed with a little Devil May Cry. It has 3 player co-op multiplayer. Coming later this year. This was the game Emily Rogers said had a rabbit with guns in it. The rabbit is Dusty.

Link to article:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...punching_its_way_to_the_wii_u_eshop_this_year

Screenshots.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Marche90

Well... Sonic And All Star Racing demo impressions (the demo finally went up)

Where to start first? While it indeed looks nice enough, the framerate is all over the place. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't go below 15 or even 20 fps, but still, it's pretty noticeable. Some animations, even, are pretty weird, since they look like only one of every 5 frames gets rendered.

Driving was fun, but flying was a bit confusing, though I blame the inverted settings for that.

It seems like this game can be fun, but I wouldn't pay full price for it because of the technical issues.

JavyOO7

Bought MSF HD on Wii U. I'm happy with that purchase. I have to thank the sale for that. =p

I hope Nano Assault Neo goes on sale next. It looks so pretty in videos...

And in RE: to download speeds on the Wii U eShop, as long as I have my Wii U right next to my router, the thing flies. Downloaded/Installed Mon Hun Wii U demo and MSF HD in a jiffy. It just sucks to me that I have to have the system literally a foot away from the router. Nintendo needs to fix that man...

Effect

Hmm. Played the Trine 2 demo last night. I had downloaded and played The Cave demo a last week. I think I enjoyed playing The Cave a lot more. I honestly didn't expect that after hearing the praise for Trine 2 and that some people were having issues with The Cave. Trine 2 looks amazing but something about it just didn't fully click with me. I think it's the combat mixed in with the platforming where as The Cave is more puzzle or obstacle based without any combat or dying.

That I can't die in The Cave is a huge plus as well. That takes a certain weight off me. It's why not being able to die in Kirby's Epic Yarn isn't a bad thing in the end. It allows you to just focus on playing the game without any fear you're doing it wrong. Doesn't mean the game has to be easy or that you don't have to think. It got to a point in the Trine 2 demo after the intros were done and combat started happening more that it took a downturn with me and I started being more cautious. Perhaps if the enemies weren't coming from off screen it might be better. Or they were their own separate thing and not mixed in with the platforming. It was just more relaxing playing The Cave so I think I'm going to go with purchasing that in the end.

Roto13

zroid

Banned
"Dusty: Raging Fist" is announced for Wii U eShop. It's a prequel to "Dusty Revenge" and the gameplay is like Streets of Rage/Double Dragon mixed with a little Devil May Cry. It has 3 player co-op multiplayer. Coming later this year. This was the game Emily Rogers said had a rabbit with guns in it. The rabbit is Dusty.

Link to article:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...punching_its_way_to_the_wii_u_eshop_this_year

Screenshots.

This actually looks really good o_o

...but why'd it have to be furries :(
it's okay, I'll get over it

Wrekt

Double edit:

I've been trying to buy Crashmo for the past 24 hours. I was getting the error 005-6534. Looking this up on Nintendo's site, they say it is caused by having an invalid zip code. They of course didn't care about this when I was actually putting money on my account. When I go through the steps to update my info, my 3ds crashes and reboots. Now I have no error code to reference. Anybody else run into this problem?

JavyOO7

I get this from here:

Re: Error code: 005-6534 I can't purchase anything on the Eshop with my funds, help!
I actually just got this issue resolved. I spoke to a Nintendo representative directly and she gave me step-by-step instructions. I explained to her what the issue was(in great detail). My 3DS was acting up at the moment so some of her methods weren't really working out. So, she said to me "Okay, what we'll do is we'll temporarily take the system into Canada. Please turn your system on and go to your System Settings."

1 - Turn on your system and go to "System Settings". Select "Other Settings," then "Profile." Select "Region Settings" and select Canada. Pick any province, this change is temporary. Click "ok" twice, Then "Back" twice, then close the "system settings"

2 - Next, select the Nintendo eShop icon. Click "Next" twice, "I agree," "Next," and then "Confirm." Select "Any Province," and select "ok" twice to enter the eShop. If prompted to link to Club Nintendo, click "skip." Press the HOME button and "close" the eShop.

3 - (you should get a notice which says "Important: new country setting, use Nintendo eShop in the new country?) Don't worry as the 3DS has separate funds for each region. Return to "System Settings," "Other Settings," "Profile." Select "Region Settings" again, select "United States," Close "System Settings."

4 - Return to the eShop, "Accept" and "Confirm." Select "Menu" from the top-left.Select "Settings/Other," "Location Settings," and re-enter your zip-code.

I hope that helps...

2 questions about Trine 2:

1.) is there anything exclusive in the Wii U version that isn't covered by the PC version + DLC

2.) was it ever cheaper than $14.99?

JavyOO7

2 questions about Trine 2:

1.) is there anything exclusive in the Wii U version that isn't covered by the PC version + DLC

2.) was it ever cheaper than $14.99?

Trine 2 to my knowledge hasn't been less than 14.99. At least in NA. Maybe EU is different?

And Trine 2 has everything PC version has along with DLC and an exclusive level. I like the game a bit but am not a fan of the controls. People rave about it though. I'll give it a chance again soon. =p

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Bought MSF HD edition for $5, couldn't pass it up since I really enjoyed the 3DS game. I will say, the timing on the switches seems to be a bit off from what I'm accustomed to. Noticeable in the 4th, or 5th stage, where you're shooting guys through arrows for the first time. Might just be the improved (?) framerate.

I've put 8 hours into PicDun 2 so far. Currently on floor 22. There's over 60...

Some of these puzzles are veryyyy cryptic. My goodness. I skipped many floors because of them. When I say "skipped" I mean that I completed the map of the floor 100% but I couldn't solve the puzzle so I went to the next floor.

I was able to solve a few of them..very few...but because of that, I received some new equipment (2 shields, a weapon and a potion).

You'll definitely get your $5 worth but I can see things getting very frustrating later on. I don't have any regrets though.

To those that are playing, how are you guys doing?

I've put 8 hours into PicDun 2 so far. Currently on floor 22. There's over 60...

Some of these puzzles are veryyyy cryptic. My goodness. I skipped many floors because of them. When I say "skipped" I mean that I completed the map of the floor 100% but I couldn't solve the puzzle so I went to the next floor.

I was able to solve a few of them..very few...but because of that, I received some new equipment (2 shields, a weapon and a potion).

You'll definitely get your $5 worth but I can see things getting very frustrating later on. I don't have any regrets though.

Wow, maybe I should get that.

I feel the same. I'm enjoying it and don't regret the purchase, but some of the hints are very obtuse and about halfway through its seems like its going to continue that way.

Also I noticed that on the elevator menu, the first two floors are green but the rest are blue. Any idea what these means? 100% completion for that floor maybe?

I feel the same. I'm enjoying it and don't regret the purchase, but some of the hints are very obtuse and about halfway through its seems like its going to continue that way.

Also I noticed that on the elevator menu, the first two floors are green but the rest are blue. Any idea what these means? 100% completion for that floor maybe?

I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) if the floor is green, then you completed the map 100% AND solved the puzzle.

I took a video of the puzzle on floor 20 just so you can see (and if someone needed help):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDz2m8k-jA0

For that puzzle, there's a sign with a picture somewhere on the floor and the tiles you see in the video....you needed to have 1 specific tile present while making the other ones disappear. I was confused for a while but finally put 2 + 2 together. It does make you think and there are times where I had to write some notes down.

I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) if the floor is green, then you completed the map 100% AND solved the puzzle.

I took a video of the puzzle on floor 20 just so you can see (and if someone needed help):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDz2m8k-jA0

For that puzzle, there's a sign with a picture somewhere on the floor and the tiles you see in the video....you needed to have 1 specific tile present while making the other ones disappear. I was confused for a while but finally put 2 + 2 together. It does make you think and there are times where I had to write some notes down.

Cool thanks. If you figure out floor 27, don't be afraid to make a video for that too! Toughest one yet.

evanmisha

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper DLC is up. Less than 24 hours after it hit Japan, too.

Stage Pack 1 - $1.99 (116 MB)
"New stages will be available for selection under Select Battlefield. In-game music and additional weapons are also included."

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
edit: whoops. Just noticed there's a proper thread for this, sorry

Wow the MomHun demo on 3DS is horrible for newcomers, I'm sure it'll do waaaaay more harm than good as far as gaining some sales from new blood goes.
Honestly if this what they came up they should've never bothered to release it.

• the demo doesn't support the Circle Pad Pro WTF! It doesn't even say that the full game will, instead it worried me in that regard displaying such text: "this software doesn't support the Circle Pad Pro". I'm positive the full game will have that (isn't there a bundle?), but what an horrible way to present your product features. You know, the JPN version of Ace Combat supported the CCP as well while the US/EU skus did not.

•there's no tutorial at all, not even explaining the controls unless I've missed it. You're just catapulted in two "boss" fights. I remember there being a tutorial on the Wii game, although I barely played Tri even tho I owned it day1 (and having liked what I say, but it seemed to time-consuming for me to play on home-consoles, and I welcomed the 3DS game with open arms because of that)

•because of the way the demo is set-up, with these two disconnected fights with no sense of place or how it works and why it should be engaging, your two idiotic AI minions go a long way to make you think the game will be a borefest if played solo... except the 3DS game isn't online and this isn't Japan

-On a positive note I have to say that the demo has good 3D, the graphics seems very close to the Wii game, framerate is really good and if you turn off 3D you'll get good Anti-Aliasing that'll clean up the image a lot, which I gather you'll notice even more on a 3DS XL.

I'm disappointed tho, I can't believe after all the waiting this is making me question my purchase, I thought this being on an handheld would mean having the perfect time-waster and was even consodering going DD.
I'm not much of an online gamer so the offline "problem" didn't bother me too much, but looking at the demo and knowing I won't have friends to play it with (plus it would defeat the purpose of me choosing it as a "fire it up whenever/everywhere game") is giving me second (and third, fourth...) thoughts.
Damn, the game, art and concept all seem so appealing to me...

Ah, gee. I guess I can double dip on Mighty Switch Force for a measly give bones.

Is there any reason I should download the Ultimate demo if the Tri demo bored me to tears?

Cool thanks. If you figure out floor 27, don't be afraid to make a video for that too! Toughest one yet.

Someone posted the order of how to move the walls in the beginning of floor 27:

middle, left, middle, right

I don't understand how the notes on the wall in the beginning would help you with this. I wouldn't have gotten that myself unless I sat there and try all the combinations. Getting 100% map completion should be easy after that...but for the actual puzzle on that floor, I have no idea what any of the hints mean, lol.

There's still a ton of equipment I'm missing but I don't plan on going back to the earlier floors until I beat the game.

Someone also said different party members are used for different puzzles. Maybe that's why I haven't solved as many since I don't change characters. I'll see if that makes a difference.

Top Bottom