• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2013

@MUWANdo

Banned
I must be ignorant in how this works. Let me rephrase... why is this listed:

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (Tecmo Koei | $?) Upcoming (02/07)

But not Rayman Legends?

That particular game is not getting a retail release in most territories and is digital-only, hence the listing.

The assumption with Rayman and other big retail releases is that they'll get a same-day digital release, but we probably won't know what's happening until launch.

I bought a Wii U and I'm looking to grab Darksiders 2. The major complaint from reviews was the loading - any word if the digital version loads faster? I have the 32gig Wii U, you figure read speeds on flash memory would be better than a disc but that might not matter for loading a game

Apologies if this was asked before but I couldn't find a mention of it

Edit: I guess this is as close to an official thread as the Wii U has? Off-topic question - is there a way to have the gamepad screen turn off when not in use? I started downloading some demos and put the gamepad in the charging cradle but the screen never turned off, only dimmed. I couldn't find an option to have the screen turn off

Pinball GAF, compete with me! NNID is AkimbO_LUC and so far I bought the Avengers pack and the PvZ table (this one's AMAZING). This is going to a one hell of a time sink for me...

Zen Pinball 2's DLC implementation is horrible. You have a "Download Demo" button in game for the tables or packs or whatever (it's not entirely clear if packs cover some of the tables listed individually) but it just pops up a message saying go get it from the eShop.

We'll be updating the game with a better implementation once a better implementation is possible.

rjc571

Banned
I'm stuck in Witch's Cat 2-2. What do I do?

Get a cat to jump onto the hat, push the hat so that the cat is underneath one of the wooden blocks, then freeze the cat. You then have to detonate the frozen cat's block with the meteor, which makes all of the other wooden blocks blow up as well, but before that you need to push the hat over so that one of the other hats will land on top of it. After blowing up the wooden blocks, push the stack of two hats so that the other cat will jump on top of it, then push the third hat over so you can jump up and freeze the cat. Then use lightning to move the one hat onto Alicia's head, and jump up the stack of two hats and onto the frozen cat block, and up onto one of the higher platforms while still wearing the hat. Then turn into the cat and use the hat as a platform to jump up to the exit.

Kerub

Banned
Pinball GAF, compete with me! NNID is AkimbO_LUC and so far I bought the Avengers pack and the PvZ table (this one's AMAZING). This is going to a one hell of a time sink for me...

Yeah, the PvZ table is nice. I'll add you so I have sombody to compare score with! :)

EDIT - seems like there's no invite system, so my nnid is Kerub123

rjc571

Banned
The spell mechanics are all new. Try reading the manual, it does a pretty good job explaining them. The hat mechanics are pretty much identical to how they work in the Rabi Laby games (except you usually have to use lightning to get them on your character's head since you don't have a second character to push them onto you), so if you played Rabi Laby 2 then you should know what to expect. I don't think the first Rabi Laby game had any mechanics that weren't used in the second one as well, or at least I can't think of any off the top of my head.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Puddle appears as $7.85 on my eShop. Pretty interesting. I definitely want to buy it after my Fire Emblem craze runs its course. And because MonHan, obviously. :p

edit: Just realised their was a demo for 2 Fast 4 Gnomz. Too interesting to resist downloading..

edit2: Trying to do perfect runs on some of these levels is.. tough.

JavyOO7

Runner 2 coming to Wii U eShop Feb 26th if the Steam date on this link is to be believed...

Please be true. I can't wait for this to come out...

Qurupeke

So, which table should I buy in Zen Pinball 2? I want something good but not hard because I'm newbie to pinball games.

So, which table should I buy in Zen Pinball 2? I want something good but not hard because I'm newbie to pinball games.
Plants vs Zombies seems pretty easy at first glance, not an expert though. Contemplating on whether I should get a Marvel pack but 10 EUR is rather steep for four tables me thinks.

zroid

Banned
Balls. Was expecting less since the previous bit.trip games were always so reasonably priced. Hopefully there'll be a day one sale.

Roto13

I found the Captain America table really good and easy to understand (since a lot of pinball tables have objectives that aren't always easy to figure out within the time limit) and the Fantastic Four table is just easy in general.

You Euro people put me in the mood to buy a few Zen Pinball 2 tables on PSN. I have a few in my cart and I'm wondering if I should buy the Plants vs. Zombies table or remove it and get two more tables in its place. I have just enough money in my account for two $3.00 and two $2.50 tables, or one $3.00 and four $2.50 tables. If PSN allowed you to add less than $5 to your wallet, I'd have no problem. :p

Eh, screw it. Plants vs. Zombies it is.

Qurupeke

Hmm, I'm not really fond of the Marvel ones. Probably only the Captain America one was understandable... All the other tables were just not tables... lol The Tesla one was my favourite but it's part of a pack, and I won't buy a pack now.

And the Plant VS Zombies indeed seems good... So...

Plants vs. Zombies it is.

Balls. Was expecting less since the previous bit.trip games were always so reasonably priced. Hopefully there'll be a day one sale.

The beauty of the Digital Deluxe Program! I can get this for $5, but I'll probably use my codes on something more expensive.

Yeah, the PvZ table is nice. I'll add you so I have sombody to compare score with! :)

EDIT - seems like there's no invite system, so my nnid is Kerub123
If you send invites over Miiverse, the other person can simply accept the request. Better than using the friends list :)

But i'll add you back later!

oatmeal

Banned
I caved (hah!) and bought The Cave last night.

Haven't played yet (system froze trying to access the Settings menu and I lost my download, had to restart...didn't take long, but I started it late)...

I'm waiting on Runner 2, and I'm somewhat intrigued by Puddle.

rjc571

Banned
Even though Bit Trip Runner was one of my favorite Wiiware games, there's no way I'd buy Runner 2 if it costs twice as much as Runner did. $10 is the most I would pay for it.

Chopper

If we're talking ZP table recommendations, I love the Iron Man table. Simple to understand, difficult to master etc. etc.

I'm stuck on Picross E2 again. I don't often get stuck on these, so it really is a testament to the game's challenge that I'm here again. Anyway...

BsKD4VP.jpg

What?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I wouldn't be surprised if they added some new tracks someday. We only get one Mario Kart per console.

Not happening for a dollar, though.

Probably not for the 3DS version, since they don't appear to have any hooks setup for that sort of expansion. Maybe Wii U.

I bought a Wii U and I'm looking to grab Darksiders 2. The major complaint from reviews was the loading - any word if the digital version loads faster? I have the 32gig Wii U, you figure read speeds on flash memory would be better than a disc but that might not matter for loading a game

Apologies if this was asked before but I couldn't find a mention of it

Edit: I guess this is as close to an official thread as the Wii U has? Off-topic question - is there a way to have the gamepad screen turn off when not in use? I started downloading some demos and put the gamepad in the charging cradle but the screen never turned off, only dimmed. I couldn't find an option to have the screen turn off

To turn off the gamepad you need to use the "Display off" option which is on Controller Settings. These are available when you press the Home button on the gamepad.

Probably not for the 3DS version, since they don't appear to have any hooks setup for that sort of expansion. Maybe Wii U.
Hooks don't need to be built in, they can patch that in and then deliver extra content. Which is how they patched MK7's course/cheat bugs already.

It seems like this is what Level 5's doing for Fantasy Life too.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
We'll be updating the game with a better implementation once a better implementation is possible.
First, kudos for the superb pinball implementation - you guys are yet to disappoint in the sheer pinball goodness department! Been sinking quite some hours since Thursday, and managed to get my wife hooked as well.

The DLC scheme is an entirely different thing, though. And I'm not talking about the absence of in-game purchases. The entire Trial + Unlock = The Whole Thing is frustrating to no end for newcomers. You could at lest include some clear messages in there to inform peple of the right way to purchase tables, as not everybody reads games forums.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hooks don't need to be built in, they can patch that in and then deliver extra content. Which is how they patched MK7's course/cheat bugs already.

It seems like this is what Level 5's doing for Fantasy Life too.

They don't need to be there, but it would make the process a hell of a lot easier. I'm pretty certain Mario Kart 7 is not seeing any sort of expansion, but I'd love to be very very wrong.

thomaser

If we're talking ZP table recommendations, I love the Iron Man table. Simple to understand, difficult to master etc. etc.

I'm stuck on Picross E2 again. I don't often get stuck on these, so it really is a testament to the game's challenge that I'm here again. Anyway...

BsKD4VP.jpg

What?

You can fill in a square in the "2 1 1 3" row.

also

Banned
You're gonna have to explain why. It can fit a number of ways...
The current rightmost full square could be either 1 or 3 but regardless of that, the 3rd square from the right will always be full. Just try it out and you will see.

Top Bottom