• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2013

plants vs. zombies is good?

also: sex me with a friend request! my NNID: NeoRausch

fake edit:

huh, this game has stereoscopic 3d? where?

Depends on what you want from a pinball table. If you want a table that requires next to no skill and can be played for hours without end, PvZ is for you. Not sure what they were thinking with that one. Perhaps they heard from a lot of people that their tables were getting to complex? On the flipside, if you want a challenge the Marvel tables are good.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Ok, anybody else having trouble with Zen Pinball DLC?

Got myself Excalibur and Earth Defense (full versions) but nothing changed in the game - tables are still on 'Buy Table/Play demo' mode. I've deleted and re-downloading the DLC to no avail. BTW, checking what files the DLC consists of - it's just a single 1KB file, whereas the eShop says each of the two tables' DLC is 64KB.

What gives?

NeoRausch

Ok, anybody else having trouble with Zen Pinball DLC?

Got myself Excalibur and Earth Defense (full versions) but nothing changed in the game - tables are still on 'Buy Table/Play demo' mode. I've deleted and re-downloading the DLC to no avail. BTW, checking what files the DLC consists of - it's just a single 1KB file, whereas the eShop says each of the two tables' DLC is 64KB.

What gives?

download the trials and you're done

oh, and also restart the game then.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
download the trials and you're done

oh, and also restart the game then.
That did it, cheers!

Can't help but wonder who designed this scheme.

HyperHip

Anyone play Bloody Vampire or Witch's Cat yet? Any good?

Put about 2 hours in so far for Bloody Vampire, had it for my JP 3DS but didn't get very far. It's pretty much a metroidvania at heart, so lots of gaining abilities and traveling back to unreachable areas. Music is pretty catchy too, especially the boss theme. Only complaints so far is the unskippable text that pops up every so often. Overall so far so good and only 5 bucks at that.

Put about 2 hours in so far for Bloody Vampire, had it for my JP 3DS but didn't get very far. It's pretty much a metroidvania at heart, so lots of gaining abilities and traveling back to unreachable areas. Music is pretty catchy too, especially the boss theme. Only complaints so far is the unskippable text that pops up every so often. Overall so far so good and only 5 bucks at that.
Nice! I'll be picking this up. Probably Witch's Cat as well. (Since it's essentially RabiXLaby Gaiden)

Hopefully they do well enough to warrant a localization of PicDun2. Have you played it on your JP 3DS? Is it good?

Oxx

The Euro 3DS update is pathetic. At least discount some older titles if you have nothing new to publish.

donny2112

A Fire Emblem SpotPass says the first DLC is free until 3/6. Then it'll be $2.50.

Cool, so 30 days free then. Do you have to have gotten to Chapter 5 in the game in order to download DLC? (Thought I saw something about needing to get to chapter 5 to access DLC in the game.)

Roto13

Cool, so 30 days free then. Do you have to have gotten to Chapter 5 in the game in order to download DLC? (Thought I saw something about needing to get to chapter 5 to access DLC in the game.)

Yeah. The DLC area opens up at the same time as chapter 5.

Suzzopher

The Euro 3DS update is pathetic. At least discount some older titles if you have nothing new to publish.

Agreed. We know there are games that are coming, which makes it even more frustrating.

Still waiting on Cave Story + and Nightsky for fucks sake.

Tenki

Zen Pinball is fantastic, but there's a little issue, at least for me. My monitor does not have speakers, so if I want sound on the Wii U I have to plug my earphones to the Gamepad.

The problem is that when the game is being displayed on my monitor, there's no sound though the Gamepad, even the image is on both screens. When it's displayed on the Gamepad, there is sound, but the game is not displayed on the big screen :\

So I have to choose between playing with sound on the Gamepad or playing without sound on my monitor.

rjc571

Banned
Does Bloody Vampire seriously not have a map?

Pretty nice Metroidvania-style game so far, outside of that. I beat a few bosses and I can fly around and light up dark areas. Right now I need to figure out how to break some bricks which are surrounding a torch that I apparently need to light to make more progress.

wsippel

Banned
I really enjoy the Mars Table. simple and straight forward!
Yeah, Mars is cool as well. Got PvZ, Mars and Paranormal so far (I already had Mars on PS3, but my TV only has one HDMI input, so I bought it again). They're all pretty great.

All I want is Mario Golf GBC in EU. Is that too much to ask? No.
Agreed. We know there are games that are coming, which makes it even more frustrating.

Still waiting on Cave Story + and Nightsky for fucks sake.
Tell you guys what, we'll talk to NA about sending those games over to the PAL lands as long as you talk to NOE about getting Trip World and the 2 Picross games over to the US.

I bought Ikachan, Bloody Vampire and Witch's Cat. I've played about an hour a piece with Ikachan and Bloody Vampire. I'm enjoying both of them, especially Ikachan. The music is wonderful.

Stratocast

Neo Member
Great trip to the eShop today - Bloody Vampire was worth the purchase just for the Title Screen music alone. I also picked up Rabi Laby 1 and 2, Witch's Cat, and Ikachan... and on Monday, Fire Emblem Awakening. Let this year's onslaught of 3DS games begin. :)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
7f5TM.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

BooJoh

Finished Ikachan in an hour and 20 minutes. It could have been fleshed out into a longer game, but it was fun, unique, and I like the art.

Witch's Cat looks tempting, but I'll wait for some impressions and/or reviews.

Yea, I finished Ikachan in about an hour and 15, and that was with playing several parts (mainly the boss battle) over again.

Lasted just a bit longer than Gunman Clive for me.

I'd recommend both, although I wish they had a bit more substance.

rjc571

Banned
Finished Ikachan in an hour and 20 minutes. It could have been fleshed out into a longer game, but it was fun, unique, and I like the art.

Witch's Cat looks tempting, but I'll wait for some impressions and/or reviews.

Do you like puzzles? Then you'll love Witch's Cat. In a weird way, it actually reminds me a little bit of a platformer version of Lemmings -- you have four different spells you can cast, which let you interact with stuff in different ways to open a path to the exit, but you only have a limited number of spell points for each level (and some spells are costlier than others), so a big part of the strategy is figuring out how to be as economical as possible. I would also recommend checking out the Rabi Laby series on DSiware if you haven't already. Witch's Cat has the same flavor as those two games, although it plays quite a bit differently.

Effect

7f5TM.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

I asked in one of the Fire Emblem threads but I'll ask here to make sure. Fire Emblem is going to be up for purchase at midnight (Sunday going into Monday) EST right ?

How was Paper Mario and New Super Mario Bros 2 handled when it came to their Sunday release days? Or did Nintendo wait until those Thursday to put them up for purchase?

Going to be getting the digital version of Fire Emblem anyway but curious as to how early I can download. Would like to set it before going to sleep so I have it ready when I go on my lunch break that Monday.

Thanks.

I asked in one of the Fire Emblem threads but I'll ask here to make sure. Fire Emblem is going to be up for purchase at midnight (Sunday going into Monday) EST right ?

How was Paper Mario and New Super Mario Bros 2 handled when it came to their Sunday release days? Or did Nintendo wait until those Thursday to put them up for purchase?

Going to be getting the digital version of Fire Emblem anyway but curious as to how early I can download. Would like to set it before going to sleep so I have it ready when I go on my lunch break that Monday.

Thanks.
Mario Bros 2 was up close to midnight

BooJoh

Thanks.

Pretty sure I bought Paper Mario right around midnight EST.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Am I the only person who's annoyed by the fact that most of the games don't have their price listed in the press release every week? I mean, what's the rationale behind holding back vital information that helps prospective buyers decide what they want to purchase? Why do some games have their price listed but others don't?

NOA doesn't list prices for digital versions of retail games on their website, and they've never bothered to explain why. It could just be a quirk related to the way their website is formatted, or maybe it's deliberate, who knows.

I bought Ickachan on the sole reason that it's a Nicalis produced game. I'll probably try it tomorrow, I'm busy beating Cave story for the 25th time.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
Is rayman legends not downloadable?

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
It's not out yet.

I must be ignorant in how this works. Let me rephrase... why is this listed:

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (Tecmo Koei | $?) Upcoming (02/07)

But not Rayman Legends which comes out the 27th?

[edit] NVM, it's weekly. I'll go to my cave again and wait.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I must be ignorant in how this works. Let me rephrase... why is this listed:

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (Tecmo Koei | $?) Upcoming (02/07)

But not Rayman Legends which comes out the 27th?

They haven't announced whether Rayman Legends will have a digital version or not yet.

Top Bottom