• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2013

They don't need to be there, but it would make the process a hell of a lot easier. I'm pretty certain Mario Kart 7 is not seeing any sort of expansion, but I'd love to be very very wrong.
Oh, I doubt it too, but not because it isn't technically feasible.

What L5's doing with Fantasy Life is something I wish a lot more companies would have done with their earlier 3DS games. Patched online play especially (Star Fox 643D, Ridge Racer 3D, MH3U, etc) though content upgrades would be great for SSF4, DOAD or MK7 in particular imo.

Lizardus

Why would it? Balloon Fight has only been out for a little over a week. They each get 30 days.

Ah, I thought they would be out for the duration of the actual month so the VC shop would launch on the 1st of whenever this thing ends.

Fucking Nintendo making me wait to hear the glorious Mute city theme.

NateDrake

Ah, I thought they would be out for the duration of the actual month so the VC shop would launch on the 1st of whenever this thing ends.

Fucking Nintendo making me wait to hear the glorious Mute city theme.

Soon......soon. I can't wait to play F-Zero on the GamePad screen.

Does the Canada e-shop accept foreign credit cards? Is it ok to buy from it after I bought other stuff from the US one? Will I get Club Nintendo points for my purchases? Or do they make you link it to another account?

StayDead

Was it ever clarified if these 30-cents for 30-days games were merely rentals, or the whole game that you get to keep?

They're games you own. They're just on sale for 30 days at 30 of your currency.

I don't get why people were finding it so hard to understand.

They're games you own. They're just on sale for 30 days at 30 of your currency.

I don't get why people were finding it so hard to understand.

Blame Nintendo for throwing out the word "trial" in the Direct. Still, yes. It's the same as buying the games at full price, you own them.

logo.png

They mean you're TRYING the service by paying a very cheap price for the games because who wouldn't throw out 30 cents for these games?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
You're gonna have to explain why. It can fit a number of ways...

You have the "2" filled in, leaving you the "1 1 3"

You know you have at least 1 of the "1s" filled in. You just don't know if it is the first or the second.

Well, assume it's the first.

In that case, the rightmost 5 squares, given the way they're currently filled in, have to go OxOOO (O represents a square being filled int)

If you assume that 1 you have filled in is the second 1, then the rightmost 5 squares have to be OOOxx.

Either way, the 3rd square from the right is filled in. :)

Or to put it another way, you know that there has to be a 3 to the right of the 1. You only have 5 boxes to work with. Therefore, the middle box has to be filled in

M3d10n

Does the Canada e-shop accept foreign credit cards? Is it ok to buy from it after I bought other stuff from the US one? Will I get Club Nintendo points for my purchases? Or do they make you link it to another account?

Yes, it does. Yes, it's ok. Yes, you do get points. No, you can link to the same account you used in the US eShop.

I was checking out the Nintendo UK site to see if eShop cards expire and I found this nice tidbit:
Using a Download Code purchased in a shop or online store

Purchase a Download Code and enter it in Nintendo eShop to download the game. Download Codes can be purchased at selected retailers and used in Nintendo eShop.

Download Codes are available from the following retailer(s):

Gamesrocket
Briliiant, now we can buy eShop games with a ~2.6% discount (£39.99 -> ~£38.49)!! Hopefully there'll be more stores selling these codes for some fabled price competition.

(Also, it is a quite mental that Gamerocket's eShop games are discounted but the £5 PSN cards are jacked up to £7.95 0_0 .)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
With regards to Fire Emblem coming out tomorrow on the eshop - have retail eshop games still been posting at midnight ala NSMB 2? Or have they been posting sometime during the day, on their street date?

addyb

As always Zen Pinball 2 is addictive stuff. Already own some of the marvel tables on the 360 version and have 4 tables on the 3DS version.

Picked up plants vs zombies and epic quest on the Wii U earlier. Not played epic quest yet but PvsZ is great.

Only got a few friends on my leaderboards so need more scores to aim for. Send me a friend request on miiverse for those who want to add me:

Sh00ter_Mcgavin

:)

rjc571

Banned
Ikachan was awesome, until it was over in 45 minutes, then I felt cheated.

Shoulda bought Bloody Vampire instead. Six times the Metroidvania goodness for the same price!

PS Am I the only person who realizes how INSANELY GOOD the puzzles are in the Rabi Laby series and Witch's Cat? They're honestly among the most inventive, intelligent, mechanically sound level-based puzzle games I've ever played. It seems like the few people who actually play them get stuck early on and give up rather than taking the time to learn and master them.

Shoulda bought Bloody Vampire instead. Six times the Metroidvania goodness for the same price!

PS Am I the only person who realizes how INSANELY GOOD the puzzles are in the Rabi Laby series and Witch's Cat? They're honestly among the most inventive, intelligent, mechanically sound level-based puzzle games I've ever played. It seems like the few people who actually play them get stuck early on and give up rather than taking the time to learn and master them.

I love the Rabi Laby series. I got all platinum medals in 1 and 2, and I'm currently up to 6-1 in Witch's Cat. I agree that some levels are brilliant. Though the difficulty is uneven, I actually like it. It's nice playing a more simple action-based stage after repeating the previous one 50+ times trying to figure out the fastest way to beat it. Hopefully WC sells well enough and 3 is brought over.

I haven't got Bloody Vampire yet, as I've read conflicting opinions on it.

I think he's asking about Canadian states, all of which charge tax. Pick Yukon (the first one), it's 5% tax.

Cool. Last question (I promise :p), does the cash balance move over or is it separate for each countries' eshop?

Chopper

Just nailed my last Picross E2 puzzle at 18hr 59mins. That's decent value for money. Definitely the most challenging picross game I've played. I learnt some nifty new techniques, and I already considered myself an expert!

Edit: Does my avatar look wrong to anyone else?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Great price for the Sonic Racing game:)

This should be the normal price for every title - only Nintendo and their ridiculous pricing scheme makes this look cheap....45 € for Steel Diver and StarFox ? Haha....

Real Fighter sis a crappy game, but interesting that Retail games can be sold for that cheap. It costs nearly 30€ at amazon.de ....

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
vYU92.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Mega Man 2 (Capcom | NES | €4.99 | £4.49) Upcoming (02/07)

Wii | Virtual Console

• Sengoku 2 (D4 Enterprise | Neo Geo | 900 Points) Upcoming (02/07)

rjc571

Banned
Was Real Heroes Firefighters 3D originally released at retail? I thought I heard someone talking about it before. If so, it's nice that the downloadable version is being sold at what I assume is a significantly lower price than the retail version.

Little Inferno just got a price drop on the UK WiiU eShop from £11.99 to £8.99, if that makes any difference to anyone.

Still a little much for my liking.

I'm trudging through Witch's Cat! It is really difficult though. Game can make me feel really stupid though!

Top Bottom