• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo NX rumored to use Nvidia's Pascal GPU architecture

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Actually, to be pedantic, Sony haven't announced the PS meeting AFAIK?

Just that Gameblog and then Patrick Klepek leaked the press invitations. Polygon did claim in a update a "Sony representative" confirmed the PS meeting would be livestreamed and would release more details closer to the 7th but this was a unnamed person.

So yeah, Sony haven't technically announced yet so Nintendo could swoop in tomorrow if they wished.

if they haven't, then someone here tricked me into saying too much then hahaha

M-PG71C

I've got one: Never.

There is no NX, it is all made up. Embrace our mobile games future.

Seriously, though, September 21st.

Earendil

Hey, let's all gang up on Rosti now, because he tries to throw us some tidbits of info without getting people fired.

His "cryptic" posts have all been deciphered within a page tops. He said not before (including) the 18th. That doesn't mean that August 19th was a guaranteed announcement. That doesn't mean that plans aren't subject to change.

Thank you. Give the guy a break people, it's not his fault some others misinterpreted his post.

AzaK

Maybe they should have never said anything. They never learn. They need some new people in their marketing and public relations department. They have no idea how modern consumers (especially gamers) think and how to excite them about a product.

Umm "gamers" like us aren't too important to them anyway. Blue ocean is where they're at and those gamers don't give a shit about announcements. They'll hear about it on TV or a the mall.

ggx2ac

Nintex is not claiming it's insider knowledge. He says it's his own prediction after he guessed the NX would skip E3 2016.

If we're going off that logic then my poorly modelled binomial distribution example that I made back on May 25th predicted that NX would be revealed in September has the same weight.

THE:MILKMAN

if they haven't, then someone here tricked me into saying too much then hahaha

Well I haven't seen anything from Sony directly is all I'm saying. Sony must have known sending these invites out to press would result in the event being leaked.

Hope I didn't get anyone in trouble!

Dark Cloud said:
Isn't this basically it?
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1260606

I guess Sony didn't say something directly? Lol

Exactly. A lot of Sony confirms but no names and for example no PlayStation blog post. I am being deliberately pedantic here but I do believe right now I'm correct.

Umm "gamers" like us aren't too important to them anyway. Blue ocean is where they're at and those gamers don't give a shit about announcements. They'll hear about it on TV or a the mall.
I 1000% agree and have said this before. We are the only very few people who follow NX news everyday and are ingrained in it.

The people who will buy the NX the most are the casuals and they've never heard of it. Nintendo can take the time they want because the casuals are who buys systems the most. They'll see it on tv and retailers. Me, you and everybody else here already know about it. If Nintendo is smart they'll have a Super Bowl commercial for the casuals.

majik13

ah man I cant believe Nintendo said the announcement will be next year, jeesus. Why did you make us think it was sooner Nate?

Banned
All we need now is Michael Pacther to say the NX reveal should be announced within the week to confirm a December reveal :p

Banned
I wonder what will happen when we do get a date for the reveal...
Hmmmmm

Probably something like

image_thumb%5B11%5D.png

rtrbad

Banned
Honestly with NPD and Media Create numbers showing big moves for 3DS and Pokemon games on the heels of GO, and with a new Pokemon game coming for the 3DS in the not too distant future, it might make more sense for them to wait until after it launches so they don't cannibalize hardware and software sales. (especially if they're coming to NX as well)

So I saw the 3D Mario topic and I really hope we get to see the next 3D Mario game at the NX reveal. 3D Mario is my favorite franchise.

Ck1

Banned
So I think Sunday September 25th will be the actual reveal date!
Most people are home on the weekends to watch at their leisure and it gives them a fresh week to start off with all gaming news being focused on them and the new system...

Schnozberry

Honestly with NPD and Media Create numbers showing big moves for 3DS and Pokemon games on the heels of GO, and with a new Pokemon game coming for the 3DS in the not too distant future, it might make more sense for them to wait until after it launches so they don't cannibalize hardware and software sales. (especially if they're coming to NX as well)

This is actually plausible. Equally plausible that they just hold off on announcing it for NX until after Sun/Moon hit retail.

TLZ

Banned
Nintendo never goes to TGS.

But now it goes from "they are racing Sony to announce their console first" to "they might not even hit TGS"?

I'm really getting tired of this shit.

That's because you listen to "insiders". They'll take you on a roller coaster. Ignore and wait.

It blows my mind that we know virtually nothing concrete about NX than we did last summer. The thirst is so real ITT. All the NX speculation threads seem to get closed but they always manifest themselves again even if it's more non-news.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
If Nintendo were to wait until after Sun/Moon, I'd just expect them to do the announcement in early 2017 (like first or second week of January) and make up something about 2017 being "the year of NX." Maybe they could also do it in December? I suppose they could even keep the same message. It just would feel weird to do it in the middle of the end-of-year releases in October or November, in my opinion. The problem with a late reveal is people can't talk about your product until then, but if you have an amazing debut with tons of surprises, then it won't matter.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I thought 2016 was "the year of the NX" though.

Maybe their future press releases will just go with "20XX, the year of NX" and we'll get an exclusive Mega Man reboot at the reveal.

Maybe their future press releases will just go with "20XX, the year of NX" and we'll get an exclusive Mega Man reboot at the reveal.

Don't play with my heart!

But they did say explicitly they'll talk about NX this year so I don't expect later than October. November- December would get drowned out by the holiday rush.

Hilarion

I'm going to guess Nintendo gives me a birthday present and releases the NX info on Sept 30.

No other reason, just specifically for Neogaf Forums Junior Member Hilarion's birthday.

In all seriousness, people here take the Eurogamer leak seriously, as I do, and then completely ignore the "Unveiling in September" component and wonder what's wrong that, in the definitely-not-September months of July and August, nothing has been announced. If you buy Eurogamer that the NX is using Tegra, if you buy from Eurogamer that the system is a hybrid with detachable controllers, why is the "info briefing in September" part hard to accept?

What sort of sane company would unveil a major product during the middle of the Olympics, anyway? Of course Nintendo isn't going to put the NX info out right now.

DMONKUMA

So what's the new deal?

People don't think the unveiling is in September just because we don't have an announcement of the actually event yet?

What sort of sane company would unveil a major product during the middle of the Olympics, anyway? Of course Nintendo isn't going to put the NX info out right now.

The fuss in this thread is because they haven't yet announced the date of the reveal or sent out press invites, not because we think they'll actually have the reveal in August. Plenty of time left though before we can write off September.

Banned
I'm going to guess Nintendo gives me a birthday present and releases the NX info on Sept 30.

No other reason, just specifically for Neogaf Forums Junior Member Hilarion's birthday.

In all seriousness, people here take the Eurogamer leak seriously, as I do, and then completely ignore the "Unveiling in September" component and wonder what's wrong that, in the definitely-not-September months of July and August, nothing has been announced. If you buy Eurogamer that the NX is using Tegra, if you buy from Eurogamer that the system is a hybrid with detachable controllers, why is the "info briefing in September" part hard to accept?

What if you don't buy the eurogamer rumor at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom