• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo President Publishes Plans for 2016 in JP Newspaper

Fire Emblem strikes me as the most straightforward fit for a Nintendo anime.

Can't be worse than the original!

QiKxt8E.jpg

I know for a fact that top is from a Smash Bros reveal of Lucinda. I think the bottom was one as well, or part of a direct.

Super Smash Bros. character trailers

Oh damn. I'd love an anime looking like that about Zelda.

I really don't need a lot from Nintendo except just a decent machine in terms of hardware. If it's on par with PS4 I'll already be happy because I really don't expect it to top it. Nintendo wanting to surprise fans.... just scares me though. Not building on old ideas is a good thing if they mean Wii U, but don't go overboard with surprising us please.

Oh damn. I'd love an anime looking like that about Zelda.

I really don't need a lot from Nintendo except just a decent machine in terms of hardware. If it's on par with PS4 I'll already be happy because I really don't expect it to top it. Nintendo wanting to surprise fans.... just scares me though. Not building on old ideas is a good thing if they mean Wii U, but don't go overboard with surprising us please.

Aim more for it to be no par with the PS3. That would be an achievement in of itself.

Can't be worse than the Nintendo of the last decade...

...Huh? Nintendo in the last decade was amazing.Gamecube was a powerhorse with amazing games. It delivered one of the best games of all time (Majoras Mask) Wii was okay, it still had plenty great games, but Wii U is horrible. It can't get worse than that IMO. So I'm looking forward to new Nintendo

...Huh? Nintendo in the last decade was amazing.Gamecube was a powerhorse with amazing games. Wii was okay, it still had plenty great games, but Wii U is horrible. It can't get worse than that IMO. So I'm looking forward to new Nintendo

Nintendo of the last decades goes back to the Wii and Wii U. I agree that the GC was an amazing piece of hardware. That's when Nintendo actually cared about the hardware they put out and didn't depend on gimmicks to try and fool the public. It'd be nice to get back to that point.

geordiemp

The plan is to bring profits to 100 billion yen ($855 million) in “several years”. [Note: that would be 4x of last year's profit.]

Interesting that there business goal is 4 x profit, not increased console market penetration.

Does that mean a low cost NX console ? Or will all profit be from mobile ?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Tch... editted too fast.

(edit) Posted again eh?

Cause the Iwata years were terrible for Nintendo and it's fans right?

So awful. Not even talking about Wii U; Wii was an absolutely awful disease. How dare they trying motion control, how dare them! Also, there was absolutely nothing to play, NOTHING. /s

woopWOOP

I always thought a Starfox TV show could work pretty well, especially with a CGI kind of style that's used more often nowadays. First season's a retelling of SF/SF64 (yes again), after that just make episodes about the SF crew doing mercenary work one problem an episode.

Maybe then they can actually show off Leon Powalski's supposed sniper skills.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Also something to note. Iwata promised big profits in fiscal year ending March 2017. Kimishima talks now about several years.

MrV4ltor

I think we're likely getting either Smash, Splatoon or Fire Emblem animes.
One of the movies could be Metroid, since it's one of the few "core" Nintendo franchises that already has kind of a fleshed out story. Don't think we'll ever get that Sony Animations Mario movie or that rumored Zelda Netflix show. Zelda could be turned into an animated movie tho.

Nintendo of the last decades goes back to the Wii and Wii U. I agree that the GC was an amazing piece of hardware. That's when Nintendo actually cared about the hardware they put out and didn't depend on gimmicks to try and fool the public. It'd be nice to get back to that point.

I would argue Nintendo make better games now than they ever had before. It would be nice to have better hardware but it's not priority for me as a consumer, just keep making the games and I'll keep buying them. Also I haven't found a single one of their gimmicks to have a negative effect on game design, sure the Wii remote did for a lot of third party software but games like Super Mario Galaxy were enhanced by it and Skyward Sword was only possible because of it. I would rather they do something new than just play it safe with a generic console.

So awful. Not even talking about Wii U; Wii was an absolutely awful disease. How dare they trying motion control, how dare them! Also, there was absolutely nothing to play, NOTHING. /s

It was an embarrassment of a system. Terrible support. Terrible hardware. No online support. It was as lazy as lazy can be. The Wii U followed suit. Hopefully they can start trying again with the NX and get back to the days when they actually provided entertaining games and respectable hardware.

• Splatoon, Bayonetta, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus anime
  • F-Zero with VR (for me VR is obvious for a few genres, racing is one of them)
  • Metroid with AR (for me AR is more adapted when the character the player controls is moving, Illumiroom type technology would be awesome with Metroid)
  • Pokémon game with console / mobile / portable interaction (stadium and a few other nice modes on console, main story mode on portable and sort of quick fights in the wild via mobile + Pokédex gestion)

I have so many things coming... and everything is awesome !

New dimension, benefits x4. Ok Nintendo seems to finally become the Disney of Video Games. I'm ok with this. Go full IP licensing mode while you keep focusing on the quality of your main products.

2016 is going to be a very important year for Nintendo.

Tookay

...Huh? Nintendo in the last decade was amazing.Gamecube was a powerhorse with amazing games. It delivered one of the best games of all time (Majoras Mask) Wii was okay, it still had plenty great games, but Wii U is horrible. It can't get worse than that IMO. So I'm looking forward to new Nintendo

The "last decade" refers to 2006-2016. That's Wii/DS->Wii U/3DS.

Majora's Mask, Gamecube, etc. were all outside of that era.

Wii hardly knew U. RIP in peace to the Frankenstein they called a home console.
Seriously doubting any backwards compatibility at this point.

PS3? Surely that's a typo?

Just read a few of his other posts and he seems incredibly out of touch with Nintendo's modern machines and only judges them by hardware specs, he's also afraid of innovation. There are few PS3 games visually on par with the Wii U's showcases. Find me a PS3 game that looks as good as this Herpes Reasons and I'll take you seriously.

captain-toad-treasure-tracker-train-level-gameplay-screenshot.jpg

Wii hardly knew U. RIP in peace to the Frankenstein they called a home console.
Seriously doubting any backwards compatibility at this point.

Hopefully they don't include BC. Leave that terrible hardware in it's grave. Move on to something new for once. Actually create a new piece of hardware for the first time in a decade. The 3DS was pretty much a suped up DS and the Wii U was pretty much a small increase in power from the Wii. Now that Iwata is gone, time to actually innovate.

Kurt

So it's not a successor.

Hard translation from google:
I want to many interesting year out a new idea in the 2016 game industry. If you do not issue the conventional and different way to play can be a game, can not be obtained the support from the fans, it would be boring. There is a mission to pull the game industry to Nintendo, I want to always continue to provide a new surprise to the game fan. This is a goal that last forever.

This year, I will announce the details next-generation game dedicated machine "NX". Not the successor of the existing game machine, it is something that is based on an entirely new idea

Message to the fans? (and not to the mainstream.)

Edit :

Just want to say (again). There should be something special with this system.
It's just not an upgraded controller from the patents. It should be something more gameplay related.

mrpeabody

Branching out into other media is the right direction for Nintendo. All this talk sounds great.

However, Kimishima could also just be telling investors what they want to hear (and they REALLY want to hear Nintendo say the words "mobile" and "licensing"). I will believe it when I see the products hit retail.

Hopefully they don't include BC. Leave that terrible hardware in it's grave. Move on to something new for once. Actually create a new piece of hardware for the first time in a decade. The 3DS was pretty much a suped up DS and the Wii U was pretty much a small increase in power from the Wii. Now that Iwata is gone, time to actually innovate.

Your incredibly disrespectful and I don't agree with a single thing you've said in this thread.

Nintendo should've became the Disney of Videogames in the Gamecube Era. Its about time. That being said, I doubt the NX will be a success.

Your incredibly disrespectful and I don't agree with a single thing you've said in this thread.

I should have been more clear in my post comparing him to ninjablade.

Since he's our new ninjablade, it means you shouldn't respond to a single post he makes going forward. He'll eventually get bored and move on.

If you don't think you can hold yourself back from responding to one of his posts, put him on ignore in the settings.

Banned
Not at all. The Wii U wasn't no par with the PS3 so hopefully the NX will be. It won't be on par with the PS4 or Xbox One, that's for sure. Perhaps the console after NX will meet the hardware capabilities of those two systems.
Heh what an appropriate username.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Anime could be great
New idea too
Only details for NX this year would be very Sad
Too mobile mobile mobile for my taste

Top Bottom