• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Laura Kate Dale has just retweeted this, from the UK's Metro newspaper: https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/817307087831175168

C1eWSWZWgAA1jLE.jpg

I was already certain that I'd be buying the system, but that's an excellent price in my mind!

Seasons of heaven?

Btw isnt 245£ equivalent to 299$/€?
To me is a crazy price tag

Roo

I mean it could just be an educated guess.
It is, actually.
If you read the other tweets, Metro's source is what Laura has been reporting all this time. There's a guy who even shares a link to metro's website with her report as a source.

Edit: and just like that she just said she's not the source of that one.

What a mess this is....

It is, actually.
If you read the other tweets, Metro's source is what Laura has been reporting all this time. There's a guy who even shares a link to metro's website with her report as a source.

Edit: and just like that she just said she's not the source of that one.

What a mess this is....

Well thats kinda funny. Back to square one then.

edit - so it might be true? Christ.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Gaf should know by now that Nintendo threads only bring 3 types of posters

The Nintendo core audience that will love it no matter what
The Nintendo haters that will hate it no matter what

And then the rest of us that will be trying to actually talk about the pro and cons in between the other groups throwing shit at each other

So... basically like any other type of thread?

I mean you covered all the bases.

If you had the info about the event, like price, release date, and games.... Would you highlight ZELDA and a game that is confirmed to not even have a dev kit of the system, indie, and probably won't ever release? Or would you highlight ZELDA and MARIO or SPLATOON and others? It seems like simply an educated guess, nothing more.

Tbh if I wasn't a nintendo fan and had to choose between a switch or ps4/xb1 for $300, its a pretty easy choice to make

ZELDA AND MARIO BOIIIII

That works out to $400 cdn. Holy SHIT that's a lot of money all things considered. After taxes you'll be out $600 with a single game and a controller.

I think I might just need to stick to mining my good old Wii U's back catalog to fill my Nintendo needs for a while. As long as there's no last minute Breath of the Wild cancellation impending I should be good for at least the next year. I just hope they keep both Wii eShops up for another year or two.

Malakai

Hm.. That's true.

3DS is still getting games though.

Yes, the 3DS is still getting games but take a look at Nintendo first party releases over the past FY. We got Federation Forces, Kirby game w/ reused assets, a seriously gimped Mario Maker which you can't even use the game card in a secondary system (I wish the gaming media had blasted Nintendo w/ that one lol), Mario Party and no online sharing, several late localization such as Style Savvy(U.S. only I think Europe got it last FY), Rhythm Heaven MegaMix (No Retail Release in the U.S.) and Dragon Quest 7. We got Pokemon Sun and Moon this year as the annual marque title which was great but it feels like as a 3DS owner something is a bit missing when looking back on the 3DS library.

Net

Due to regional cost differences doesn't Nintendo usually release at 1:1 ratio between Pound and Dollar?

$249 sounds great. I'll probably get the $300 bundle if the game is something I want and there's more storage or something.

Nanashrew

Banned
Yes, the 3DS is still getting games but take a look at Nintendo first party releases over the past FY. We got Federation Forces, Kirby game w/ reused assets, a seriously gimped Mario Maker which you can't even use the game card in a secondary system (I wish the gaming media had blasted Nintendo w/ that one lol), Mario Party and no online sharing, several late localization such as Style Savvy(U.S. only I think Europe got it last FY), Rhythm Heaven MegaMix (No Retail Release in the U.S.) and Dragon Quest 7. We got Pokemon Sun and Moon this year as the annual marque title which was great but it feels like as a 3DS owner something is a bit missing when looking back on the 3DS library.

Uh, yeah, they're ramping down development for it. But it's more of a natural end and not abandonment. The Wii U is getting nothing but Zelda and ending the production for the system relatively soon.

JoeM86

Due to regional cost differences doesn't Nintendo usually release at 1:1 ratio between Pound and Dollar?

$249 sounds great. I'll probably get the $300 bundle if the game is something I want and there's more storage or something.

Na it's usually 1:1 between Euro and Dollar

Laura Kate Dale has just retweeted this, from the UK's Metro newspaper: https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/817307087831175168

C1eWSWZWgAA1jLE.jpg

I was already certain that I'd be buying the system, but that's an excellent price in my mind!

Considering it says that Seasons of Heaven is a launch title, I'd say the authenticity of that report is not that great.

Plus I think 245 is a bit too much. 220 seems more reasonable.

Edit: After the launch, sorry. Still, I am dubious.

DJIzana

Her name is Soraya Saga, though "Monolith wife" is fucking hysterical. She's married to making bad-ass games.

But yeah, this all but confirms a Switch port of XCX. Can't remember the last time Soraya RT'd a Nintendo announcement without MSoft being involved in it.

I dunno. I have a feeling we'll get more than just a Xenoblade Chronicles X port. Maybe Elma in Smash, some new DLC in the port, Amiibo and a small teaser for their new game. Now THAT... Would be amazing! :D

Munter

Considering it says that Seasons of Heaven is a launch title, I'd say the authenticity of that report is not that great.

Plus I think 245 is a bit too much. 220 seems more reasonable.

Edit: After the launch, sorry. Still, I am dubious.

"Exclusive games tipped for after the launch" does not equal "launch title"

The_Lump

Banned

C1eWSWZWgAA1jLE.jpg

Ummmm....Metro isn't going to be breaking any news regarding video gaming. Or any other news for that matter. It's a free tabloid given out on the Underground and is part owned by the Daily Mail.

Nuff said.

Nanashrew

Banned
Rewatching the Seasons of Heaven trailer, they give no date or year, just "coming soon." I doubt it will have one by the Switch reveal either. They have no dev kit yet.

"Exclusive games tipped for after the launch" does not equal "launch title"

1. Yes, I already edited my post
2. The author apparently is unaware that the Seasons of Heaven people (apparently) don't even have development kits. It sounds to me as though they're just reporting things they heard through the grapevine, rather than things that are actually backed up with evidence.

LordKano

Do you see "premium" or any kind of distinction in that article? Unless you assume they will sell just premium bundles in UK. And she reported £249.99 for premium bundle, not £245.

I just assume this isn't a reliable source and everything here is pulled out of Laura's infos. It's Metro, not The Washington Post or something.
The author doesn't even report the two prices, you can't assume he's talking about one or the other.

I think that the report shouldn't be taken as fact. As i said, they report on info that seems to be available only through leaks and things like that. Doesn't detail anything about possible bundles, doesn't give dates for zelda. Nothing. Highlights only existing known games, uses only known art assets. I don't think the price will be far from the one presented though, it will definitely be a bundle at that price. But i don't think it's good to use this as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom