• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaspard

In speculation of the "leaked" UK price point do we take into consideration the recent drop of the GBP when converting to dollar?

I still think it's going to be $249.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Not taking the article as proof of anything, for now. I feel it could be based on infos circulating around the web, mostly.

Nothing outside of Nintendo should be concerning the Switch.

I mean, something will probably be leaked that will easily be verified as true given art assets, description, and things like that. If magazines have pre event material to publish the articles about the switch, we will probably get something before the 12th, but this report in particular doesn't give any of that.

Lucifon

Considering it says that Seasons of Heaven is a launch title, I'd say the authenticity of that report is not that great.

Plus I think 245 is a bit too much. 220 seems more reasonable.

Edit: After the launch, sorry. Still, I am dubious.

I sure hope that's not the base price. £199 is absolutely the base price sweet spot.

JonnyKong

The Metro paper may be garbage, but I still hold the gaming section/website in high regard ever since it left teletext. I've been a contributor to the inbox/underbox for years now, although nobody really contributes to the underbox anymore as we've all moved onto Facebook groups.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I just assume this isn't a reliable source and everything here is pulled out of Laura's infos. It's Metro, not The Washington Post or something.
The author doesn't even report the two prices, you can't assume he's talking about one or the other.

I hope it isnt but if it isnt stop trying to change what the article says
It says 245£ and Zelda not at launch
We all hope it isnt accurate.
Because what it says is worrisome

LordKano

Nobody changed anything and the 245 pounds mention doesn't point at any of the two price options, period.

But you worry about everything
Lmao yes, every time there's something where you can pull something bad, guess who's on the front line.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
No one cares about MSRP. People care about what they actually pay in the store. You can get a PS4 in Germany for (less than) 250€.
This make little sense, sorry
We could suppose there could be deals to get the switch at a price lower than the SRP around
What matters IS the SRP, that is the base for possible deals

Btw that SRP for the switch would be horrible

El Topo

But that's not Nintendo's problem. That's down to the retailers.

I have legitimately no idea if this is a serious response or not.
Yes, retailers sell the product, so the problem is ultimately for the retailer to sell the stock. The idea that their problems are wholly unrelated to those of Nintendo is utterly nonsensical though.

It is metro

they don't know a single fuck we don't already know here about the switch or videogames in general. Hell, average gaffer probably knows more.

But OK, a crappy newspaper gives bad news, let's all go freak out.

Zoon

Isn't this the same as Wii U's launch price? Iirc Kimishima said that one of Wii U's problems was its price, so I don't think the would repeat the same mistake. I see 3 scenarios here:
1) The price is about the premium model.
2) It is just speculation/wrong.
3) Nintendo is crazy.

Shiggy

and? if store didn't follow msrp for ps4 why they suddenly would follow msrp for switch after launch

Because retail margins for Nintendo systems are traditionally much smaller than for Sony products. That's why comparing RRPs in Europe does not make much sense. No sensible person will buy a Sony system at the RRP, whereas it's rare to get a real deal on a Nintendo system (unless it's a flop and retailers want to clear stock -> Wii U situation a few years ago).

Also Nintendo does not provide RRPs in Europe anymore. The price given by major retailers can be seen as an equivalent though.

199€ is not possibile to me, will be 249€ for base model and 299€ for Splatoon bundle.

EUR 229 and EUR 279 would not be bad either. With a UK price of GBP 200 and GBP 250, that's more sensible taking the expected future movements in currency rates (with the disastrous Brexit negotiations) into account. I have reasonable doubt that NoE will sell its game systems to Nintendo UK at a discount (yes, Nintendo UK technically purchases all goods from NoE).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Nobody changed anything and the 245 pounds mention doesn't point at any of the two price options, period.

Lmao yes, every time there's something where you can pull something bad, guess who's on the front line.

Lol
I am not the one saying that the sources are the same and obviously it is talking about the premium price to change opinion two posts later saying that obviously the article has nothing in common with reliable sources

Aostia, i like you in a weird way.

I only really care about the pricing of the system for you guys really, and for the success of the system. Here in Brazil the retailers price things in a very overpriced way, for example, here a ps4 pro is about 700 usd, the NES classic for some reason is going around for 190 usd. I am considering importing the switch to avoid to high price that it will probably go for here in brazil.

AniHawk

i think 300 usd/eur for the machine with a pack-in is perfectly acceptable and what people should expect.

regarding zelda, the problem that they might be facing is getting efigs text in there in time for release. that's the only thing i can think of that would require the date to be pushed back there.

_Clash_

Been thinking about a Retro mech game with ace environments all day. It's kinda like helldivers mech sections, zone of enders, Titanfall 2 and metroid prime in a blender.

Look forward to it folks

Nanashrew

Banned
Been thinking about a Retro mech game with ace environments all day. It's kinda like helldivers mech sections, zone of enders, Titanfall 2 and metroid prime in a blender.

Look forward to it folks

Makes me want Intelligent Systems to revive Battle Clash. Had at least 2 games in the series, I think. They were Super Scope games and really cool.

Look forward to it folks

If Retro are making a game for me, It'll be a mech game. Alien environment, action and exploration. With multiplayer. Camera may be first person with top down camera sections.

Let's do it.

Do you know something we don't?

probably a stupid question i know

Oregano

£245 for the basic model would be a very tough pill to swallow in the UK. That's not really a mass market price.

I'd still buy it day 1 but that would be disappointing.

Can we take anything from the new shield retailing at £189 for the 16gb and £279 for the 500gb. Or are they too drastically different from the Switch?

Get in!!

I just got notification that I have won 2 tickets to this UK premiere!

My excitement levels now are through the roof.

Firstly hear and see on Friday then actual *hands on* on Sunday!

Look out Nintendo I will have tons of questions.

Hoping for some nice freebies as well. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom