• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch eShops from other regions can easily be accessed

Can confirm, European eshop has no titles to buy yet so signed in with a USA Nintendo account and Zelda is now downloading. Had to use eshop cards though as my credit card wasn't accepted

Sweet, so buying 50hz Virtual console games will never again be a problem.

So the onus is on Nintendo of Europe to offer both version as an option if they want my money.

Switch will undoubtedly be 60hz only (probably, and they still might a few slip through :D )

Shiggy

C56w61-VAAA-Q3T.jpg:large
https://twitter.com/VOOK64/status/837301114655498240

This is a big deal for those who only want to create a single account! Now still wonder what happens to your purchases from the previous region after changing.

Edit:
need to use up all balance or give it up before you can change region. after that no idea
https://twitter.com/VOOK64/status/837301114655498240

Thx!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I don;t understand why they make this so easy :S
Nintendo realized that money is money at the end. Doesn't make sense to treat console owners worse than people who play their games on mobile. With Fire Emblem, Mario Run and Co. your region or accounts also doesn't matter and its universal.

That's the right approach.

Genio88

So from waht i figured out there is no need to create 2 accounts, you can just change region of your account from mynintendo site, but you will lost your balace, thing is will you also lost the digital purchases you did in that region?

killercow

Some users are indeed buying games from other shops with their local credit card so this is possible but will depend on your CC/Bank.

rpmurphy

So from waht i figured out there is no need to create 2 accounts, you can just change region of your account from mynintendo site, but you will lost your balace, thing is will you also lost the digital purchases you did in that region?
I wouldn't take the chance. Creating separate accounts would be staying on the safe side.

What about japanese eshop? There will be demos. İf this works it will be great.

Seems to work for people who tried. There is a Puyo Puyo Tetris demo. Japanese site says it's in Japanese only.

King of Fighters 98 apparently has an English option.

Piccoro

Seems to work for people who tried. There is a Puyo Puyo Tetris demo. Japanese site says it's in Japanese only.

King of Fighters 98 apparently has an English option.

All Hamster Neo Geo games have multiple languages, like the original games had. It's usually Japanese, English, Spanish and Portuguese.

killercow

This is the most relevant thread I could find to ask this question:

Do I need to close out of a game in order to access the eshop?

I think I've read that you do not and that games with DLC open the Eshop directly within the game. You only need to close the game to patch/apply DLC.

Top Bottom