• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch UI video from some guy [named hiphoptherobot]

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
All hail Hiphoptherobot

Judging by the speed at which these videos spread and their view counts, the thirst is real. The timing of a spring launch is starting to pay off. I think people are kind of desperate right now for some kind of distraction too.

Of course it might still fizzle out but the launch at least should be quite strong.

J@hranimo

Banned
Think there will be cool graphic background themes like the 3DS over time???

Oh hell yeah, without a doubt that's gonna happen!

Fake, it obviously a photo-shopped Little Mac.

Haha, this really brings me back to those late nights F5ing for the Smash POTD :p

so region and language are separated? Does this mean I just have to change my region to Japan to get access to the japanese eshop?

I think so.....I can't remember where, but it was explained a few weeks ago.

Bioshocker

The unit itself looks nice, but Nintendo should do something about the packaging of their consoles. Outside and inside of the box looks... amateurish.

JimPanzer

I doubt it, I suppose that like the japanese eShop will be only in japanese and such.

that was not was I was asking. I'm sure the japanese eshop will only be in japanese, but if I only had to change my region to access it w/o having to change over to a different account (like I have to on PS4) it would be very convenient.

//ARCANUM

LOL Nintendo Switch reddit banned me for posting the unboxing video, and then the mod had the gall to comment with a link to a ripped version on YouTube. LOL. Them some interesting folks over on reddit.

Anyways, I posted it to YouTube if anyone is interested in watching it there / having issues watching it on our site:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqVa1MB90PU

(Also, I can't believe how many times it's already been ripped and uploaded to YT. LOL)

System update just gives an error message when you try to initiate it.
gamecube_family.png

OryoN

Boy, the lengths some of you people go to sh!t on the Switch is absolutely staggering. If, I hate something that much, I don't devote my whole freaking life to it!

Some of you are here day after day, after day in every Switch thread posting multiple posts. I don't know what is more amazing; that mods allow this, or that you ppl seem to enjoy the butt hurt, and keep coming back for more. Whatever floats your boats, I guess. :/

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Boy, the lengths some of you people go to sh!t on the Switch is absolutely staggering. If, I hate something that much, I don't devote my whole freaking life to it!

Some of you are here day after day, after day in every Switch thread posting multiple posts. I don't know what is more amazing; that mods allow this, or that you ppl seem to enjoy the butt hurt, and keep coming back for more. Whatever floats your boats, I guess. :/
You could just ignore them.

VegaShinra

I have a minor question: Can you put the Switch in the dock with the dock resting on its side? I know people thought it may work but curious to see how snug it fits when in that position.

Zalman

The UI looks really solid. Loving everything about it.

There better be a Fire Emblem option for a Profile picture. Smash Logo would cool too
Maybe later down the line. But it's no coincidence there's no Fire Emblem (or Kirby/Pokémon etc.) All the franchises represented are the ones that are 100% owned by Nintendo.

I bet we'll see more added in the future though, maybe even as My Nintendo awards (similar to 3DS themes now).

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I have a minor question: Can you put the Switch in the dock with the dock resting on its side? I know people thought it may work but curious to see how snug it fits when in that position.
I have been asking this for ages!

My entertainment system is not built for the Switch dock.

Honestly I would have ignored him if I was you
But complaining about complainers complaining about complainers is my jam.

Red Devil

that was not was I was asking. I'm sure the japanese eshop will only be in japanese, but if I only had to change my region to access it w/o having to change over to a different account (like I have to on PS4) it would be very convenient.

On the very least I think you'll need to go with a different account, not sure about needing to change the region, but my guess is that you'll need to do both things(change region, log into different account) to do that.

B-but 480p!

The UI looks really solid. Loving everything about it.

Maybe later down the line. But it's no coincidence there's no Fire Emblem (or Kirby/Pokémon etc.) All the franchises represented are the ones that are 100% owned by Nintendo.

I bet we'll see more added in the future though, maybe even as My Nintendo awards (similar to 3DS themes now).

Nintendo owns the FE IP tho, I don't think IS actually owns any of the IPs they've worked on.

I just think they'll more profile pics as games get released.

Zalman

Nintendo owns the FE IP tho, I don't think IS actually owns any of their IPs.

I just think they'll more profile pics as games get released.
They both share ownership. And Intelligent Systems is technically independent.

It's also why you never see them on stuff like this:

new-nintendo-3ds-cover-plates-no-067-super-mario-maker-436237.1.jpg

faer0n

On the very least I think you'll need to go with a different account, not sure about needing to change the region, but my guess is that you'll need to do both things(change region, log into different account) to do that.

Hopefully it is more like Xbox's and less than PlayStation's system

I'm confused about "copy mii from Amiibo".

Surely it can just pull in the mii that's connected to your Nintendo Account?
I wouldn't doubt that at all. Your Nintendo account automatically ties a Mii to your account, so logging in with an account I would think would bring the Mii over as well.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Nice work here Hiphoptherobot!

Really glad the UI is fast and well designed. Playing the Wii U and 3DS is so frustrating even just getting into the settings.

Oh hey, do I see Yoshi, DK and Bowser icons in the style of Super Mario 3D World character icons?

They're from Star Rush. All the profile pictures are reused assets from the mostly recent entry as far as I can tell. The only one that wasn't from a game is the first Link one, which is the one from recent promotional artwork at stores and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom