• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch UI video from some guy [named hiphoptherobot]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Devil

They're from Star Rush. All the profile pictures are reused assets from the mostly recent entry as far as I can tell. The only one that wasn't from a game is the first Link one, which is the one from recent promotional artwork at stores and stuff

Ah you're right, had forgotten about those I mostly regonized Mario, Luigi and Peach from SM3DW.

Sojiro

Really dig the look of the UI, and most importantly, it seems very zippy navigating around. Thanks to Hiphoptherobot for uploading, you the real hero man! Very curious what the eShop will look like.

So the icons video has BOTW, TP, and WW icons, and they all have Link, Zelda, with Ganondorf being all but in BOTW style. But before the BOTW Blue Tunic Link there is another pic with Green Tunic Link. Is this BOTW? If its based on another game then it'll be odd theres no Zelda or Ganondorf from that game. Looks like new artwork and its grouped with BOTW. :O

Anywayz: Thanks for the video! I hope theres an option to buy more from Nintendo/Indies but for launch day theres quite a few I like. Will be rocking a Zelda one for awhile! :D

Also look in the manual to see if theres any info about day one update and online features. I remember the WiiU manual having that. Might be more info!

majik13

Do you mean "Auto Sleep (Connected to TV)"? I'd assume that's how long until the Switch automatically goes into sleep mode while docked.

No, I watchted it again, and still on mobile and its giving me shitty quality, but at around 30 secs theres a screen with a TV, and a big button on bottom saying "Connect to TV". But I cant make out any other text.

LOL Nintendo Switch reddit banned me for posting the unboxing video, and then the mod had the gall to comment with a link to a ripped version on YouTube. LOL. Them so interesting folks over on reddit.

Anyways, I posted it to YouTube if anyone is interested in watching it there / having issues watching it on our site:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqVa1MB90PU

(Also, I can't believe how many times it's already been ripped and uploaded to YT. LOL)

I saw that, that was stupid.

Also I like how he made no attempt to create a Mii. Guess we'll have to wait to see if they added more options.

Zalman

So the icons video has BOTW, TP, and WW icons, and they all have Link, Zelda, with Ganondorf being all but in BOTW style. But before the BOTW Blue Tunic Link there is another pic with Green Tunic Link. Is this BOTW? If its based on another game then it'll be odd theres no Zelda or Ganondorf from that game. Looks like new artwork and its grouped with BOTW. :O
The green tunic Link is generic promo artwork. We first saw it on store displays prior to TP HD's announcement. People assumed it was TP HD artwork, but it actually wasn't (despite clearly being at least inspired by TP Link). So basically, it's not tied to any game.

ASIS

I think my question got lost in the posts, so i'll ask again, are the screens haptic? Also, can you make a video of the joy cons sliding in and out of the Switch? I want to hear the click.

ctfg23

No, I watchted it again, and still on mobile and its giving me shitty quality, but at around 30 secs theres a screen with a TV, and a big button on bottom saying "Connect to TV". But I cant make out any other text.

q7E0mAd.png
This? It's during the setup, so it's probably a docking/undocking tutorial or something.

Persona7

Banned
Nikkei report awhile back said it was android based. No proof yet either way. If the network hostname can be checked we can see if it has a android vendor id.

OryoN

You could just ignore them

Nice try wise guy. I saw this coming from a mile away. ;p

You are implying a similarity in me, but I'm free to survey a phenomenon, no? I don't think I come here - or post - that often to even begin to fit the reverse narative I painted of such individuals. I used several key words/phrases in my original post that immediately establishes a difference - in me, who finds the whole thing oddly fascinating, or in any reasonable person who wishes to "complain about complainers."

Boy, the lengths some of you people go to sh!t on the Switch is absolutely staggering. If, I hate something that much, I don't devote my whole freaking life to it!

Some of you are here day after day, after day in every Switch thread posting multiple posts. I don't know what is more amazing; that mods allow this, or that you ppl seem to enjoy the butt hurt, and keep coming back for more. Whatever floats your boats, I guess. :/
It's amusing isn't it? I could list their usernames off the top of my head, they make it that obvious.

The funniest thing is, the more they do it, the sadder they look.

Aiii

So not worth it
LOL Nintendo Switch reddit banned me for posting the unboxing video, and then the mod had the gall to comment with a link to a ripped version on YouTube. LOL. Them so interesting folks over on reddit.

Anyways, I posted it to YouTube if anyone is interested in watching it there / having issues watching it on our site:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqVa1MB90PU

(Also, I can't believe how many times it's already been ripped and uploaded to YT. LOL)

Hey, at least you were smart enough to watermark it, that was bound to happen.

Also, yay, it does the Switch sound upon boot.

AgeEighty

I'm confused about "copy mii from Amiibo".

Surely it can just pull in the mii that's connected to your Nintendo Account?

Unfortunately, amiibo is the only way to transfer Miis you've made on your other Nintendo systems. Switch doesn't have a camera, so it can't do QR codes. And since it doesn't have backwards compatibility, they didn't implement a direct system link.

Lucifon

So there it is - Nintendo not getting out ahead of the info has lead to user videos of the system and features first. This launch is so odd.

Thanks for the videos!!

random25

Exactly.

Thinking whether I should buy our second switch already so that I can keep one with the original firmware but then they might just push mandatory updates anyway, right?

They will most certainly will, unless you just keep your system away from using e-shop and other online features blocked without the latest system version.

Persona7

Banned
Probably refers to other hardware, like smartphones and tablets. They do roll back to its factory-programmed state when undergoing factory reset.
Not true either in my experience with android and iOS devices. Once updates are installed you can't revert to a previous firmware version by resetting the device.

Unfortunately, amiibo is the only way to transfer Miis you've made on your other Nintendo systems. Switch doesn't have a camera, so it can't do QR codes. And since it doesn't have backwards compatibility, they didn't implement a direct system link.

I keep forgetting this is a portable without a camera, just so odd.

Why uh oh. It means wiping the system won't roll back the firmware

And if there is a system bug that prevents me from playing a game, but I can access the system restore menu, it means I still need to wait for a patch to fix my system so I can play.

Majine

Banned
Cue unpopular opinion but I think Nintendo makes the best dedicated gaming interfaces out of the big three.

Because, it knows exactly what it is. Sony and Microsoft seems to think they are still PCs and shove a million things on the screen at the same time. Nintendo has (atleast with 3DS and Wii U) put a grid of games front and center. I always know where my games are there. There is no separate "Games" menu where I have to go hunt for it. It's right there.

I think you missed the fact that NIntendo Account isn't bound to the console, you can format your console and delete the Account, it won't destroy your eShop history nor your Nintendo Account.

No, that's awesome, and the reason why I'm full in with the virtual console this time (although I guess getting my Wii VC games onto the switch won't be possible) unless they go crazy with the prices again just to make up for this.

What I meant is that the fact that wiping out the system doesn't perform a factory reset will limit homebrew applications.

random25

Not true either in my experience with android and iOS devices. Once updates are installed you can't revert to a previous firmware version by resetting the device.

Having multiple android devices and tried factory reset in almost all of them, for sure that's how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom