• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo to talk more about its first mobile project tomorrow

hype deflated!
N still chained to Japan-only release also on mobile.

?

Could we please possibly wait until the game is announced...?

Pokémon GO was announced for all territories and will likely have a worldwide launch, so what should you be worries about?

RedShift

fWUW3aq.jpg

with turn-based online asynchronous multiplayer like Words with Friends. I'll do anything. Please.

:0

Congratulations you've made whatever they do announce a disappointment.

Hopefully they'll announce that they won't be bringing anything to such a shitty platform and that you should go and get a 3DS or even a Vita.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I feel like I need to quote this again:

DeNA Chief Executive Isao Moriyasu said the partners would release their first game later this year, but was coy on which character from Nintendo's trove of intellectual property (IP) would be featured.

"We want to create games that will be played by hundreds of millions of people," Moriyasu told Reuters in an interview. "We want to create multiple hit games rather than aiming to succeed with just one powerful IP element."

"We haven't talked to Nintendo about targets, but at DeNA, our best-selling game brought in 3 billion yen a month, and we want to surpass that," he said, referring to smartphone game Kaito Royale which was turned into a TV series.

Now think if, whatever your wishes are, that game can produce that much money.

I'll be amazed if it's not disappointing. Granted, I have been playing a lot of Pokemon Shuffle on my phone, but I love Match 3 games so what can I say?

BKSmash

We're entering a new era, you guys. Nintendo are telling us about their first mobile game today. What a time to be alive!

Please please please look good

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yeah, there are no dogs game on mobile. It's an untapped market.
/s

I think Nintendo would look at the sales drop-off between the DS and 3DS versions and think it's worth trying the series on mobile. Nintendo will not give a shit about the other pet games available on phones.

AdanVC

Yeah it's either an Animal Crossing game, considering AC is very popular nowadays and it would help to create hype for the upcoming Wii U game, or it could be Nintendogs for mobile.

My phone is ready.

The Boat

The insider comments make it seem like it's a lesser-known IP and that they will save the big ones for later. Makes sense, really. If they screw up the first time with Mario, it's over.
Yep. This is a long term strategy, the first title will probably just test the waters.

georly

Please launch simultaneously on apple/android.

Don't make me wait.

Also, doing those google play surveys, i've made 2 bucks so far! I call the survey app my 'nintendo money' app. All that money going right back to nintendo if i can help it.

Kurt

i don't think they will come with a nintendogs game (unless nintendo delivers the ai code for it) It's to complex.

Crazyorloco

The crazy thing is that after this announcement nintendo can pretty much start releasing games out of the blue on mobile. We never get any hype from mobile games...they just appear on google play or the app store.

It'll be nice if they release the game tomorrow.

georly

It's going to be Picross. It will forever be Picross.
Picross.

Have you tried playing picross touch screen only with your fingers? Tedious, slow, imprecise. No thank you. If that's the only way I can get picross, I'll take it, but I've played other picross knock-offs and the UI is way worse than anything on the DS/3DS. Buttons is the most efficient/precise way, but even a hybrid of buttons + stylus is preferred over fat fingers and constantly toggling between X and Filling blocks.

/end picross snobbery

Sterok

Have you tried playing picross touch screen only with your fingers? Tedious, slow, imprecise. No thank you. If that's the only way I can get picross, I'll take it, but I've played other picross knock-offs and the UI is way worse than anything on the DS/3DS. Buttons is the most efficient/precise way, but even a hybrid of buttons + stylus is preferred over fat fingers and constantly toggling between X and Filling blocks.

/end picross snobbery
I'm with you. Picross with a touch screen doesn't work too well. I'd buy it instantly, but it's not what I would bet on.

Top Bottom