• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No God of War at PSX 2016

vivekTO

The E3 version was all smoke and mirrors. They are pretty much starting over from what I was told. 2017 will be a miracle.

This is first time i am hearing it on Neogaf. Do you have any insider Info? because that will be a big news , if the E3 presentation is all smoke and mirrors.

or are you saying that the segment played out at E3 will be not be as it is in final game?because that is normal, i think.

dresi

What the hell have they be doing if Days Gone is in early stages? The last game they shipped was UC:GA on PS Vita... in 2012.

If I remember correctly there was at least one project from Bend that was cancelled. The development of Days Gone probably started later.

The E3 version was all smoke and mirrors. They are pretty much starting over from what I was told. 2017 will be a miracle.

Time for a good old

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
3+ years in development
Already a cancelled ip this gen

I high doubt Sony would just let them "start over". What would they be starting over after that positive response anyway.

Was it positive outside GAF though?

Most non GAFfer gamers I know that love God of War were wondering what the fuck they were looking at.

Javin98

Banned

Most non GAFfer gamers I know that love God of War were wondering what the fuck they were looking at.
If anything, GAF is overly negative of games and I've learnt to only trust people I know with similar tastes in games.

Of all announced games at E3, it's the most viewed trailer on YT (also the longest amongst them, so no ad-roll padding) , and one of the highest like/dislike ratios comparable to Zelda and Battlefield 1. Among games media and previews of the game, it's also highly praised.

Anecdotal search through twitter also shows no notable backlash towards the new direction. If anything, your opinion seems to be the minority.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Of all announced games at E3, it's the most viewed trailer on YT (also the longest amongst them, so no ad-roll padding) , and one of the highest like/dislike ratios comparable to Zelda and Battlefield 1. Among games media and previews of the game, it's also highly praised.

Anecdotal search through twitter also shows no notable backlash towards the new direction. If anything, your opinion seems to be the minority.

Fair enough. I was luke warm personally. But I wasn't getting bored of the original style of game. Although Ascension wasn't great.

Javin98

Banned
Or destiny, or watch dogs list goes on
Or the biggest offender of all for me, MGSV. I was preparing for a disappointing story and weak entry to the franchise, but nope. Ended up loving it and having it as my GOTY 2015. From December last year onwards, I never take opinions on GAF on games seriously.

bunkitz

If there's no Spider-Man either, then PSX is gonna be a bust for me this year.

Exaggerating... yes, but that'll still suck big time. At least there's the Uncharted 4 DLC to look forward to, I suppose.

The poster tried to tease with something similar already once, without delievering anything.

Don't believe just anything somebody says....

If it's really the second time, I'd like a mod to intervene here.

Edit: I think you're louder with a negative opinion than you're are with a positive one.

Aren't you the guy who blamed Rime on Sony Santa Monica, even though they had nothing to do with it (it was an XDev game)? Yeah, this is hard to believe.

Shin-chan

GAF seemed maybe more divided than most. I wouldn't say it was even close to a majority though - for all the people lamenting the changes there were those who were more interested because of them.

And then as more interviews and information came out (and the gif of that giant snake) old fans got more on board with the new style, naturally under the assumption that the game was still an over the top and crazy action game.

To me, it's not that the what Shog said is hard to believe, but context is important. We've heard plenty of "game in development is a mess stories" that has nuances of believability like Horizon ( before it got revealed ) or FFXV recently, but in both cases, it appears the state of how messed up the game was highly exagerrated, since FFXV's "console port is a mess" apparently only needed two months of polish to go gold, and if Horizon indeed had a lot of messiness behind the scenes, it's not showing with the previews, to say the least.

Aren't you the guy who blamed Rime on Sony Santa Monica, even though they had nothing to do with it (it was an XDev game)? Yeah, this is hard to believe.

Nah, he said that the situation at SSM can be paralleled broadly across a large part of WWS, so even though SSM isn't directly involved with Rime, it's no surprise the situation with Rime happened.

strafer

BISH....WE NEED YOU IN HERE NOW!!

Why the fuck would they scrap it, did you not notice the reception it got at E3? No fucking way.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Oh, please, go back to September, October, hell, even November last year and tell me most of the forum wasn't filled with hate for the game. With all the negative posts the game used to get, it's actually pretty hard to believe it got third place. Fortunately, in the past few months, the game has been receiving increasingly positive posts.

"Most of the forum" was probably like 10 people who kept stating their opinion over and over.

There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

And it's way too easy to trigger some of you with a random post on the internet. Get it together.

Javin98

Banned
"Most of the forum" was probably like 10 people who kept stating their opinion over and over.

There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

And it's way too easy to trigger some of you with a random post on the internet. Get it together.
Probably just a vocal minority, but regardless, MGSV was so full of hate on this forum that I really expected the story to be really awful. Joke's on me for falling for GAF's trademark hyperbole, I guess, but I've learnt better.

Rymuth

BISH....WE NEED YOU IN HERE NOW!!

Why the fuck would they scrap it, did you not notice the reception it got at E3? No fucking way.
Gonna have to wait until he's online before we can flash the Bish signal. Either way, it'll be interesting watching this situation develop.

Top Bottom