• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No God of War at PSX 2016

I'm not believing in a random statement on a forum which looks just to cause controversy. Convenient time to say this when no more GOW news for 2016 was officially said months ago. Why not start a thread hmmmmm, the guy doesn't have a source and he's dead silent, won't reply and fucked off somewhere after making the post. As I said he wants to rustle feathers with no supporting evidence and he's done that. I'm gonna have a go.

I was told that Ni No Kuni 2 is having some troubled development at Level-5, which is why we haven't heard or seen much of the game since the announcement. The studio have now decided to start over and rework the story. Release date will be pushed back so don't expect it at PSX 2016.

It wouldnt be a Sony first party game if it wasnt announced way too soon, spends at least 1 year without any new information and at least a 3 month delay after they finally announce a release date
At least they have gameplay. Microsoft announces games with a CG trailer LOL.

Is it truly that easy to get people riled up? I'm telling you, internet people just love negativity. It is almost like people want stuff to go wrong so they can be outraged. It is pretty funny.

Anyway, looking forward to PSX but keeping expectations in check either way.

Is it truly that easy to get people riled up? I'm telling you, internet people just love negativity. It is almost like people want stuff to go wrong so they can be outraged. It is pretty funny.

Anyway, looking forward to PSX but keeping expectations in check either way.
You know negativity is the root of all happiness for some.

Psx will be great!

My friend's uncle who works at Capcom says that DMC5 will be announced at PSX and it will be an "available right now" kinda thing.

4 separate campaigns from the get go. One for Dante, one for Vergil, one for Nero and a shared one for Lady & Trish. Finishing all campaigns will unlock a fifth story mode which will be for Sparda.

No backtracking or shared levels between all campaigns. More than 40 unique bosses. Around 50 melee weapon and 50 more ranged ones. Each character will also have more than 15 unique costumes.

An advanced Training mode, Boss Rush, Dante Will Die difficulty, Must Style and Mission mode will all be available in the base game.

The game will also have legacy weapons and bosses as DLCs post launch but all of them will be released for free without any extra grinding needed.

Hahaha. Geez guys you believe anything.

My friend's uncle who works at Capcom says that DMC5 will be announced at PSX and it will be an "available right now" kinda thing.

4 separate campaigns from the get go. One for Dante, one for Vergil, one for Nero and a shared one for Lady & Trish. Finishing all campaigns will unlock a fifth story mode which will be for Sparda.

No backtracking or shared levels between all campaigns. More than 40 unique bosses. Around 50 melee weapon and 50 more ranged ones. Each character will also have more than 15 unique costumes.

An advanced Training mode, Boss Rush, Dante Will Die difficulty, Must Style and Mission mode will all be available in the base game.

The game will also have legacy weapons and bosses as DLCs post launch but all of them will be released for free without any extra grinding needed.

Hahaha. Geez guys you believe anything.
Well I mean I want to believe this one lol

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Just reiterating what I said yesterday the idea that the e3 demo was all smoke and mirrors makes complete sense, when you really think about it it barely looked like a playable video game since it was SO scripted. It didn't even look like the little boy had anything resembling AI. And just some little things like the snow deformation starting and ending at a very very specific places instead of being dynamic and the stat pop ups that likely mean nothing at this stage. As it stands it looks like a concept video that they'll use for the whole game. Starting over is probably the incorrect term, it's probably more like "actually making a playable game" instead of making an e3 video. Like, we'll actually have the ability to give commands instead of he boy rushing to an incredibly specific spot at an incredibly spiecifc point while an audio line plays to make it look like the player gave a command:
UcWGWqd.gif

Still no idea why they're trying to humanize Kratos who's a literal psychopath who destroyed an entire nation for revenge in the most violent way possible.

Just reiterating what I said yesterday the idea that the e3 demo was all smoke and mirrors makes complete sense, when you really think about it it barely looked like a playable video game since it was SO scripted. It didn't even look like the little boy had anything resembling AI. And just some little things like the snow deformation starting and ending at a very very specific places instead of being dynamic and the stat pop ups that likely mean nothing at this stage. As it stands it looks like a concept video that they'll use for the whole game. Still no idea why they're trying to humanize Kratos who's a literal psychopath who destroyed an entire nation for revenge in the most violent way possible.

Wow, so like every E3 demo ever?

Crossing Eden

Wow, so like every E3 demo ever?
Nuh uh, a lot of e3 demos are perfectly playable, (albeit more polished than the rest of the game for obvious reasons), slices of a final game. Like the Last Guardian, Watch Dog 2, Final Fantasy XV, COD Infinite Warfare, Ghost Recon, . Some are a lot more scripted than others and ofc there's a shit ton of rehearsing to make everything look as good as possible in most cases, like those those camera pans, to use a more extreme example Bioshock Infinite's 2013 demo had no AI so literally every bullet being fired by an enemy was a script. And it always depends on how far away from release the game is, (and a lot of other factors like some things not working outside of a demo, budget, development issues, etc.) "In development for PS4" means the game is very far off. I don't have a problem with it specifically as it was shown for hype purposes.

Really? For me it was:

"DMC5 will be announced"
4wtWgRa.gif

Capcom making an insanely amazing DMC game is not impossible.

Them not nickle-and-diming when it comes to DLC is.

Sure, but we have insanely amazing and then we have impossible. That amount of contents in a base game is pretty much impossible at this day and age.

Though, unfortunately I understand where you are coming from in regards to DLC.

Nuh uh, a lot of e3 demos are perfectly playable, (albeit more polished than the rest of the game for obvious reasons), slices of a final game. Like the Last Guardian, Watch Dog 2, Final Fantasy XV, COD Infinite Warfare, Ghost Recon, . Some are a lot more scripted than others and ofc there's a shit ton of rehearsing to make everything look as good as possible in most cases, like those those camera pans, to use a more extreme example Bioshock Infinite's 2013 demo had no AI so literally every bullet being fired by an enemy was a script. And it always depends on how far away from release the game is.

But that was his point. The entire game is a continious one shot. It looks more filmic than ever. I don't see anything suspicous, and also, that poster has yet to be verified.

And that fight looked Dark Souls jank as fuck.

Sure, but we have insanely amazing and then we have impossible. That amount of contents in a base game is pretty much impossible at this day and age.
Yeah, I mean obviously even half of that amount while maintaining the depth of DMC is straight up impossible
unless Itsuno wins the lottery
. Just playing around.

vivekTO

Just reiterating what I said yesterday the idea that the e3 demo was all smoke and mirrors makes complete sense, when you really think about it it barely looked like a playable video game since it was SO scripted. It didn't even look like the little boy had anything resembling AI. And just some little things like the snow deformation starting and ending at a very very specific places instead of being dynamic and the stat pop ups that likely mean nothing at this stage. As it stands it looks like a concept video that they'll use for the whole game. Starting over is probably the incorrect term, it's probably more like "actually making a playable game" instead of making an e3 video. Like, we'll actually have the ability to give commands instead of he boy rushing to an incredibly specific spot at an incredibly spiecifc point while an audio line plays to make it look like the player gave a command:

What does that mean, Why is it not AI , Maybe its an scripted Ai and not Dynamic , but that doesn't make it AI? In the end he was playing the Game on a ps4 at live event, yes I can agree that you think its too much scripted and not per your liking , But "Not a playable video game". Is it again the ORDER 1886 argument! (Its not a game, its a movie). Deformed Snow is already done by ROTR , a year ago, i don't why they can't be done here.

Yes in the end , the whole segment can be redone or removed from the game , Which i am 100% sure will be removed. But not a playable game? the guy just playing that at the live show. Did you forget??

And about your last line , i think we should give developers the time to explain it, I think that is the most intriguing part of the whole trailer and most of us also wanted to know , how a killing machine turned into a somber character.

The God of War E3 reveal was obviously very scripted. It's a demo/gameplay reveal in the same veins as the initial Rainbow Six : Siege or The Division reveal, where clearly every cue of the demo was timed and scripted to a T.

Has the poster even posted since that post?

Not sure why people are quick to believe such major news so quickly. And finding out a game was scrapped post E3 is pretty major.

Going to wait on Bish, but it seems like a load of bunk to me.

Guymelef

Nuh uh, a lot of e3 demos are perfectly playable, (albeit more polished than the rest of the game for obvious reasons), slices of a final game. Like the Last Guardian, Watch Dog 2, Final Fantasy XV, COD Infinite Warfare, Ghost Recon, . Some are a lot more scripted than others and ofc there's a shit ton of rehearsing to make everything look as good as possible in most cases, like those those camera pans, to use a more extreme example Bioshock Infinite's 2013 demo had no AI so literally every bullet being fired by an enemy was a script. And it always depends on how far away from release the game is, (and a lot of other factors like some things not working outside of a demo, budget, development issues, etc.) "In development for PS4" means the game is very far off. I don't have a problem with it specifically as it was shown for hype purposes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8blIojirqFU

gow3isben

Every single God of War E3 display to date has been altered significantly on final release, most of the time with upgrades and gameplay/story changes. It won't be scrapped entirely but it will not look the same as what we saw.

Even if God of War and Days Gone are 2018 Sony still has a stacked 2017.

- Horizon
- Nier
- Nioh
- GT Sport
- Gravity Rush 2
- Detroit Become Human
- Persona 5

All of these (except Detroit maybe) are borderline 100% going to come in 2017.

And if even one of these also gets released this year alongside them:

- God of War
- Days Gone
- Spiderman
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Along with the aforementioned it will be one of the GOAT years for Sony.

Guymelef

I think Crossing is referring to the 2016 Wildlands demo, which by all accounts, appear to basically be indicative of a feature-complete demo.

Though the 2015 alpha reveal is clearly scripted.

I put the video not for his Ghost Recon reference, it's for "E3 demos".

Crossing Eden

What does that mean, Why is it not AI , Maybe its an scripted Ai and not Dynamic , but that doesn't make it AI?
Not in the traditional sense of what's expected from AI. Not to mention he had so many contextual animations made for this demo that his AI looked like it was limited to moving forward and nothing else. If the game released and the AI was as limited as it is in that demo then there'd be backlash. The parts where it's supposed to be dynamic are concepts that they wanna extend to the full game.

In the end he was playing the Game on a ps4 at live event, yes I can agree that you think its too much scripted and not per your liking , But "Not a playable video game". Is it again the ORDER 1886 argument! (Its not a game, its a movie). Deformed Snow is already done by ROTR , a year ago, i don't why they can't be done here.
The Order is a good example as it's incredibly limited when it comes to gameplay, (with even stealth kills being a QTE). Hence the criticism of not a playable game. Coincidentally the AI in the order is also incredibly simplistic. Especially ally AI which is straight up useless in everyway.

Yes in the end , the whole segment can be redone or removed from the game , Which i am 100% sure will be removed. But not a playable game? the guy just playing that at the live show. Did you forget??
I said barely. Not unplayable. Pressing forward on the stick technically counts as playable. But considering the type of game they need to do a lot more to get it up to what's expected. That demo was an important step as it gives the team something to aim for.

And about your last line , i think we should give developers the time to explain it, I think that is the most intriguing part of the whole trailer and most of us also wanted to know , how a killing machine turned into a somber character.
It's really not to me personally because I have very little interest in seeing a murdering psychopath in a "me too" father simulator.

Was referring to the wildlands demo. Which was played and recorded by several big youtubers. Like I said in that post, it depends on how far away a game is from release and several other factors. But yea it's usually a bad idea to go off script. I was thinking of making a thread on e3 mistakes.

Every single God of War E3 display to date has been altered significantly on final release, most of the time with upgrades and gameplay/story changes. It won't be scrapped entirely but it will not look the same as what we saw.

Even if God of War and Days Gone are 2018 Sony still has a stacked 2017.

- Horizon
- Nier
- Nioh
- GT Sport
- Gravity Rush 2
- Detroit Become Human
- Persona 5

All of these (except Detroit maybe) are borderline 100% going to come in 2017.

And if even one of these also gets released this year alongside them:

- God of War
- Days Gone
- Spiderman
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Along with the aforementioned it will be one of the GOAT years for Sony.

It will be a typical Sony year where they have some first party games for the first half of the year and fuck all for the last 6 months.

At least they will have Destiny 2 bundles tho

It will be a typical Sony year where they have some first party games for the first half of the year and fuck all for the last 6 months.

At least they will have Destiny 2 bundles tho
Doubt gt sport is first half,or Detriot, dreams could make it,hot shots golf is summer. Even than people will still say no games once it hit September

Top Bottom