• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky gets released like, soon, I guess ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also know it has gone gold already, but after this year's E3 no-show I'm a little torn. Is it still that highly anticipated, mysterious exploration game?

I'm currently looking for a neat summer game, but the list is short, and No Man's Sky just leaves me with question marks.

To be honest, it still feels like a surprise bag which could turn out to be either 60 or a 90 rated game on Metacritic/Opencritic.

What about you?

Soulflarz

Banned
Same opinion

I stopped caring largely after I heard about it for so long, but I feel like I have no idea what this games going to be in the end besides "go to planets", so I'm going amazing or trash.

I sincerely hope it meets a lot of people's expectations. I'm going to wait until it's out in the wild before I give the game a serious consideration.

AAMARMO

Banned
I look forward to seeing it in next year's PS+ lineup

giphy.gif

geomon

I'm of the opinion that if you don't like what you see by now, you're not going to like the game. 3 years since it was announce I think, we pretty much know how it's going to play.

Personally, I am so stoked.

GeoramA

I still want it, but my hype has diminished quite a bit thanks to the ridiculously long wait.

ABZÛ is in 2 more weeks, more excited for that tbh.

If you're hesitant, I would certainly advise waiting on Neogaf reviews and let's play's to see if you think you'd like the gameplay.

I'm fairly confident that I'll find something within the game that I'll like quite a bit due to my own nature so I'm likely going to get it at/near launch but I could certainly be disappointed in it.

Oh and if we're doing MC predictions: 84

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
You are worried because it wasn't at E3? I thought most people were glad that they didn't show up again.

I'm there day 1. Still very exited by it and it just seems like the kind of game where being part of the zeitgeist as it happens is going to be super fun.

Metacritic prediction: 88

Mifec

Hope it's good and runs well on PC, considering they're offering a DRM free version, I gotta support that.

Crumpo

I think MC is going to tell us very little; I'm predicting it will be a reviewer's nightmare.

I'm very excited for it coming out (we NEED games that take risks like this to come out) but I am definitely going to wait for some impressions to come though before I bite.

I mean, it's looked solid in every showing, and they've showed enough that it seems to deliver on what they've promised. If you built up higher expectations than that idk what to tell you. I'll be buying it and trying it out.

I think all the delays and no shows have people a little concerned about the end product. I still have hope for some fun space exploration and getting lost on planets etc. I just hope it isn't another game that gets huge hype and is forgotten about very quickly.

Honestly, anyone still on the fence at this point should just wait for reviews and a few weeks of impressions to gauge if the game is something they'll enjoy.

It's an exploration/survival game where you're essentially creating your own adventure. I can already envision people complaining about the lack of missions, quests or structure. It isn't going to be for everyone regardless of the quality.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Can I get into a spaceship and travel to different planets?
Yes.

Day 1. Sold.

Basically. Elite isn't scratching this itch for me any more, Frontier just aren't taking it in the direction I want to see it go. I've still got a good feeling about No Man's Sky and will probably pick it up on release.

We also know it has gone gold already, but after this year's E3 no-show I'm a little torn. Is it still that highly anticipated, mysterious exploration game?

I'm currently looking for a neat summer game, but the list is short, and No Man's Sky just leaves me with question marks.

To be honest, it still feels like a surprise bag which could turn out to be either 60 or a 90 rated game on Metacritic/Opencritic.

What about you?

Interested in it.
Hope it turns out well.
Will buy for full price unless the reviews make it seem like a horrible game.
But don't see the need to commit to anything now.

It really doesn't have to be more difficult then that.

orava

If it's received generally positive then i might get it at steam/gog sale in a year or two. Not going to pay over 30e though.

mellow

Sony were hyping it at last years E3 and then basically never mentioned it this year, or at least it felt that way..so close to release? kinda odd, the aesthetic looks great, I just want to see a little more/reviews I'm in.

I don't get the negativity follwing the game now. Every time they showed and talked about it, it has looked and sounded great. Hello Games haven't backpedaled on any of their grand promises, but looks to deliver pretty much everything they said they would in the reveal about 2,5 years ago.

It just seems like a lot of people aren't actually looking at the videos and interviews out there (explaining how the whole thing works, among other things) and have just decided that such a small team can't make a game like this and do it well.

Koh

This is the only game I have pre ordered. I'm so hyped for it. What I've seen is plenty to justify the price.

EGM1966

I want it day one but need to wait to see decent PC vs PS4 coverage before I can choose - pity they haven't been clearer ahead of launch about PC version differences (say in the way MGSV was).

I get why but it means I'm going to have to hold of purchasing for a few days to get impressions.

I mean I figure it's 99% likely PC is way to go performance wise but I want to be sure.

styl3s

I get explore thousands and thousands and thousands of planets as a space explorer in an actual sci-fi game and that's fucking cool. That's ALL i wanted out of this game. I don't want a story, linearity or real structure i want to feel like i am living in a world with infinite words to explore. An actual sci-fi universe with actual sci-fi planets.

A lot of people confuse real sci-fi with space operas or things that just take in space. As someone who LOVES science fiction and has dreamed since i was a little kid that i could get a ship and explore the galaxy like captain kird this is my dream come true. The only way this game could disappoint me is if it doesn't deliver on the exploring part.

Two Words

I feel like No Man's Sky is going to get the same kind of reactions at my university as The Witness. I played The Witness a lot when I was on campus, and I'd have friends be really intrigued by it and want to join me in solving the puzzles. Some would ask me how much the game was. Once I said $40, they basically went "lol bye" even though they seemed to be enjoying the game the same as any other $60 AAA game.

I can see myself playing NMS on campus and it getting a similar reaction.

Im expecting at least a solid 7 or 8 from reviews and for the game to have a longer life on console than PC. Dont ask me why.

Not being a traditional multiplayer game, I don't really see how that would be very relevant. Last I checked, you never encounter an actual player while playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom